Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

What should I splurge on?

I feel a splurge coming on. What Sephora must have, best of the best products should I not live without?

Re: What should I splurge on?

Get the Urban Decay Naked Palette!!!! It's definitely a splurge at 48 dollars, but high quality. You can make a natural, day-to-night, or dramatic/smokey look with the neutral colors, so you really could just own this one palette and have a different look every day of the year!! I'm getting ready to splurge on it too 🙂

Urban Decay Naked palette. It is my go-to palette and I LOVE it!!!!!!

CLARISONIC MIA ALL THE WAY! Smiley Very Happy

just noticed you already said you bought that...well, now you know why I wrote in all caps!

other products would be benefit's Hello Flawless SPF 15 Powder Foundation and Bumble and Bumble and Fekkai hair products

@kristamarie:  Clarasonic Mia;  Fresh Twilight Freshface Glow (I mix it with my foundation or tinted moisturizer); Laura Mercer's Tinted Moisturizer;  Urban Decay 24/7 EyeLiners and Stardust Eyeshadows; Sephora Collection Combination Palettes; Benefit's Erase Paste and Stay Don't Stray  - not everything cost very much, but the less you spend the more you can get!  Have a great time!

It depends on if you want to spend money on skincare or makeup. I am bigger on skicare than I am on makeup. Since summer is coming, I would say to be sure to get some high SPF moisturizer.  I recently got Shiseido's SPF55 face cream. Its great and doesn't leave a greasy feeling. 

@Alpin:  I have very fair skin and am always looking for a good sunscreen.  I looked at the Shiseido you suggested and saw it had zinc oxide in it.  Most sunscreens with zinc oxide are very white.  I was wondering if you can blend this one all the way in or is there some white residue left before you put on your makeup?

katimae---I have very light skin and Mychelle Sun Shield is the best. It rubs in completely, doesnt leave any sort of whiteness on your face, and its a natural physical block that stays on top of your skin until you wash it off, so you dont have to reapply it every 2 hours like with chemical sunscreens, and it never breaks me out. Its SPF 28, but Mychelle just made a similar, anti aging sunscreen thats SPF 30 ( but it costs a lot more). And a little goes a LOOONG way, its looks like a small tube but you only need a pea sized amount to rub a good layer into your face. Its my go-to sunscreen. My second fave is Lavanila Baby Block, but that one leaves a white cast on your face, but I use it when the sun gets stronger bc it has a higher SPF, its so light you dont feel like you're wearing it at all, its all natural, no breakouts and with a slight dust of powder or bronzer, the whiteness is invisible. My 3rd fave suncreen is Badger SPF 30 unscented--I use this when I'm in the water, or working out outside bc its water resistant. Its a very heavy suncreen, all natural, no breakouts, but does leave a white casts on your face.

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I did get a Mia with my 15% off code just before Easter. I already LOVE the UD 24/7 eyeliners and shadow sticks and am thinking about getting some of the lipliners too. 

Everything sounds great. Im thinking more about getting makeup since I have my skincare stuff figured out. I do have a lot of everything already, but its just so fun trying new stuff. 

Thanks again for your suggestions, it's fun to hear everyones all time favorite makeup.

Clarisonic Mia!

Clarisonic Plus!

A Clarisonic Mia or if you like to use a body brush, the Plus!  Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Shadow Pencils, these thick pencils go on so creamy and smooth, no tugging at sensitive eye skin. Last all day, too!

Oh, and Bee is so right about the NAKED palette, I just got another one for travel, this has never ever happened with any makeup for me before!!!Smiley Happy

A Clarisonic Mia! Other skincare items: the REN Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask. I *love* this stuff. I received a sample once and immediately went out and bought the full size. It's $55 -- a splurge, but worth it. My skin can be somewhat sensitive, and this doesn't bother me at all.

Or, if you're looking for cosmetics, I always gravitate toward:

NARS blush, lipstick

Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush

UD 24/7 Eyeliner

Guerlain Rouge G lipstick

Fresh Sugar Lip Gloss

: )

Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadows

NARS blushes (my favorites are Orgasm and Deep Throat)

Bobbi Brown cream blushes

Rosebud Salve and Benefit makeup.

If you don't have the Balm's hot mama, you HAVE to get it! It gives a nice coral sheen to any skin tone that's not overdone and really flattering. I have fair skin, and it loooks perfect on me! Could not ask for a better blush!

Also, too faced's naked eye palette, and benefit's dandelion are great buys! 🙂

I LOVE the Too Faced "Naked Eye Palette" and Benefit's "Dandelion!" I didn't know about that other blush, though--thanks beebrunet! Smiley Very Happy

Tags:

I agree about The Balms Hot Mama blush--it is alot like Nars Orgasm,but in my opinion it's even better.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 26 Hearts Given
  • 15 Contributors
testing