Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Haul Stars

What's on your shopping list?

I'd love to hear what's on your beauty shopping list, sephora or otherwise. Smiley Happy i'm always on the lookout for new products to try!

i don't have anything that i'm dying for on mine now... but here it is... 

Acqua di Parma Colonia (I really just want to smell it!)

Clarins Instant Light Perfecting Eye Base (again, just want to try it!)

Zirh Try Me Kit (next time the bf needs some skincare)

John Varvatos Artisan Gift Set (when the bf runs out of cologne)

DDF Aloe Toning Complex (has anyone tried this?)

Cover FX Camoflauge Concealer or Amazing Concealer (want to try both!)

Nars Larger Than Life Lip Gloss (can't wait for it to be in stores!)

Tricia Sawyer Alive! (just saw it online a few days ago and it looks interesting!)

Guerlain Terracotta 4 Seasons Bronzing Powder (pretty but sooo pricey)

Sephora Collection Smoky Kohl (just want to try it!)

New Too Faced Kits (Sun on the Run, Perfectly Pretty & Gorgeous Lips Everyday - might be good gifts for the holidays!)

Sephora Brush Wand (seems like a cool idea, but i doubt i need it)

Stila Striking in South Beach (another gift maybe?)

Sephora Collection Color Flip (gift again?)

Dior 5-Color shadow in Mystic Smokys (i keep looking at this but i SO don't need eyeshadow)

i guess a lot of this list is more to try rather than to buy! haha and here's my non-sephora list...

Dr. Hauschka Lemon Oil

Mac Viva Glam Lipstick (I forget the color now, shoot)

Supersmile Whitening Floss

Zoya Pandora Nail Polish

Giorgio Armani Blast of Blue Eyes To Kill Eye Shadow

Giorgio Armani Rouge d'Armani Lipstick

Almay Oil Free Makeup Eraser Sticks

Chanel Cream Eye Shadow in Mirifique or Illusoire

surprisingly i don't want anything from the nars fall collection! And I always want something from their new collections... hmmm... and thankfully i don't have a desperate urge to buy any of these things right now. woohoo

Excited to hear your picks, or any of your opinions on mine!

Re: What's on your shopping list?

jxw200---Do you already own some Dior shadows? How's the pigment? I would hate to spend so much money and have it be lower quality than Urban Decay.Smiley Indifferent

@jxw200 lol that would be awesome.  Sounds like the start of a TSB lol.  I think the last one I was reading about died down. 

@sephoramusthave  If Dior, for some strange reason, turned out to be lower quality than UD, then something is wrong with the makeup world!  One would think that Dior would be beyond amazing quality. 

Thats what everyone assumes but so far I have not found a better quality shadow than Urban Decay. I've tested out several big name companies in Sephora and a lot of them very chalky, and had no pigment whatsoever...the next best one to UD in terms of shadow is TheBALM.

i have 2 of the quints (i think the official name is 5-colour something), and i really like them. they are soft and wear at least six hours on me without primer. I do often have oily lids though. also i do find the majority of dior shadows to be pigmented.

for some reason, i sometimes find the limited edition palettes not as pigmented or smooth. and like the trios look nice but when i've tested them in store they're eh. maybe its just the testers though!  

Hm....odd. I read through a bunch of the reviews on the Dior Holiday Eye Palette and a lot of people were saying that its ulta pigmented with minimal shimmer and that its a lot better in terms of overall quality then the other Dior shadow palettes. 

I have to see it for myself and test it out a bit before I splurge on a quad. Right now though, I'm super excited to get it!

For sure! let us know when you test it out! I'm excited too! Lol.

i was really bummed when i tested a trio cause i read great reviews on cafemakeup and the one i tried barely showed up! But maybe it was the tester or lack of brush, i don't know! 

oh and my updated shopping list

guerlain rouge automatique

Fresh sugar passion lip treatment

Fresh advanced therapy lip treatment

dior extase mascara

nars smudgeproof eyeshadow base

all things i would buy after using up some of my current products.

i am still desperately wanting:

chanel illusion d'ombre in mirifique

chanel soleil de tan bronzing base

nars yachiyo brush

Awesome wish list!

On the trio you tried...either there was no pigment to the product or the colors were too light for your complexion. There shouldnt be a difference in overall quality between a tester and the brand new packaged product, especially when it comes to powder shadow. ( Things like cream shadows and liners can dry out in the testers) I typically apply shadow with my fingers so if it takes me way too many layers to get the color thats in the pan translated to my lid, then the quality is bad. I absolutely HATE having to buy a different brush for every product, that just doesnt make sense to me. Especially with mineral shadows. Companies that make mineral shadows design their brushes to only pick up THEIR mineral shadows, they wont pick up any other brand. I used to have a medium sized makeup bag that was filled with BE brushes, and I just recently washed them real well and gave them to my mom. I only use (and own) 3 brushes right now, they are amazing and I dont see the need for more.

I have to add in this product.

L'occitane Fabulous Serum.

Fabulous Serum

Its a lighter version of the L'occitane Ultra Rich Face Cream, my staple moisturizer that I have used religiously for years. Its not at all what I would call a serum, I would call this a day cream or a lightweight moisturizer. Its perfect for the summer months, it absorbs almost instantly and completely and leaves your face hydrated, soft and super supple the entire day when used the night before. Its pricey because you only get 1 oz ($39, my 1.7 oz cream is $40))...but I have tried many samples and absolutely love it and will use it in the summer months.

I decided to make my own shopping list and realized its all makeup organizers and holders! As well as the fact it may be time for me to finally throw out my face and eye brushes for some new ones!

As well as more perfume!

Tocca Bianca is at the top of my shopping list, it is SUCH a great light fragrance, I definitely pick up the clean, grean tea notes!

As well as a few new lip colors and glosses!  You can never have too many! Smiley Wink

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

Hello, speaking of L'OCCITANE Products , has anyone tried their DIVINE CREME or

the VERY PRECIOUS NIGHT CREME ?

Thanks,

Antonio

I need to add mascara to my wishlist now lol.  I'm not sure if I'll pick up UD Big Fatty Mascara (I guess it's my HG), or try something different.  A few months ago I was thinking about trying Kat Von D's Sinful Lash mascara.  I'll have to compare its brush to UD's.  Plastic brushes don't seem to work as well for my as fluffy ones.

I only found 2 mascaras that I like. Benefit Bad Gal Lash for most days (its not that special...it takes several coats for it to give me the lashes I want) and Givenchy Phenomen Eyes (this is the absolute best for dramatic length and I love the brush...gets every last lash OUT) and none of these formulas dry out quickly. They LAST and they dont end up under my eyes so I think they are worth it.

i agree about benefit badgal lash... oh well. I really want to try the new guerlain rouge g mascara that has that gorgeous case & is refillable.. but ack its so expensive.

my shopping list is getting HUGE again, soooo i think i'll go to sephora during lunch tomorrow and investigate some of the items on it. THEN I'll post what i actually want lol cause that will make me feel better.

@sephoramusthave that was my line of thinking on the trio. i always test with my fingers and i'm pretty sure i just keep hoping i'll test it and it'll somehow be great lol. i agree that brushes should work for more than one brand!! 

Great Topic! Smiley Happy

Here is my current list that will continue to grow:    

- Makeup Forever Lip Line Protector (Colorless)

- NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - in Cruella

- Benefit Cosmetics Erase Paste

- NARS Blush - in Orgasm

- NARS Blush - in Dolce Vita

- NARS Lipstick - in Love Devotion

- UD 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil - in Zero

- Bare Minerals READY Eyeshades Duo - in Enlightenment

- Ole Henriksen Three Little Wonders

- Bumble & Bumble Brilliantine

- Bare Minerals Deluxe Original SPF 15 Foundation

Here is MySephora Want List: (Store Briarwood) *SephoraCollection Deluxe Clear Brush Set $29.00. *UrbanDecay 24/7 Glide-On ShadowStash $19.00. *Benefit WattsUp! $30.00. *ClickR Vanishing Mist $18.00. (Online Products) *KohGenDo MakeUp Sponges $18.00. *KohGenDo OrientalPlants Skin Lotion Spray not in stock $22.00. *TooFaced New Eye Collection- not in stock and Lip Palette.- not in stock. I purchased One SephoraCollection Deluxe Clear Brush Set yesterday and would like to purchse One for a Gift soon. I am very Excited that I was able to get in Store, I think it is a Great price and Great Quality. Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Hello Ladies!

Considering I am on a "No Buy" in an attempt to use the load of products I already have, (and because every trip leaves me with everything BUT what I originally came in for) so I am thinking and planning on some skincare items to purchase:

Korres Wild Rose 24 Hour Moisturizer

Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum

Origins A Perfect World Cleanser

Philosophy MicroDelivery Triple-Acid Brightening Peel (which is a great product!)

And also, another facial exfoliant, I'm thinking of trying one by Ren or Amore Pacific. Smiley Happy

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

I really wish I could commit to a no-buy but I have NO self-control when it comes to beauty products.  I just went to the store on Saturday (needed New Year's Eve makeup. Well "need" is stretching it a bit) and got an order yesterday.  Of course, I have already started my new shopping list.

Sephora by OPI

-To the Glitter End

To the Glitter End!

-Indi-go With the Flow

Indi-go With the Flow

Benefit Hervana

Hervana

I really have no control either! fortunately i have very little to spend on beauty products (really none at all if I want to be super budget-y and realistic) so i can't go crazy right now! 

@keely I've been trying to decide between those two polish shades!

@Jwx200 Both polishes are awesome!  Clearly I'm not able to choose Smiley Wink Aside from the color difference, To the Glitter End! looks like sequins when it goes on and Indi-go With the Flow has a little more shimmer. I love the idea of mixing them with a polish I already own. Maybe checking our what you already have and choosing the one that you think would pair the best with them would help you make the choice.

good tip keely! I was hoping to try them in store but the store i went to today didn't have them Smiley Sad but i did like the flurry up top coat! 

all right, so the list. (eeek)

things i am only allowed to buy after using up some of my current products:

guerlain rouge automatique

dior extase mascara

nars smudgeproof eyeshadow base

laura mercier tinted moisturizer

hourglass superficial waterproof bronzer 

nars lipstick in scarlet empress

oscar blandi invisible dry shampoo

also wanting or need to test out:

too faced natural face palette

laura mercier secret camoflauge

thebalm time balm concealer

shiseido corrector pencil

make up for ever hd blush

clinique up lighting illuminator in bronze

hourglass film noir spectrum mascara

sephora OPI flurry up top coat

benefit sun beam

bobbi brown extra repair foundation spf 25

bobbi brown rich lipstick in rose blossom and heather pink

bobbi brown blush in almond and nude peach

desperately wanting but know i don't need/can't afford to buy:

chanel illusion d'ombre in illusoire

chanel soleil de tan bronzing base

nars yachiyo brush

guerlain noir g mascara

My list seems to get longer and longer on a weekly basis. Right now my "top 7" items are as follows.

-Make Up For Ever Face & Body

-Nails Inc Special Effects Electric Lane Holographic Glitter Top Coat

-The new Kat Von D True Romance Eye Shadow Palette-Mi Vida Loca (so colorful!)

-The Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette

-The Kat Von D roller ball gift set

-Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil

-Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Perfecting Water Moisture Mist 

Special Effects Electric Lane Holographic Glitter Top CoatElectric Lane Holographic Glitter Top Coat

True Romance Eyeshadow Palette - Mi Vida Loca Palette

Flawless Skin Perfecting Water Moisture Mist

Whimsically yours,
Janine

I want to add this in here before I forget the names later...

1. MAC Sheen Supreme Lipstick in Behave Yourself

2. Bare Escentuals READY Eyeshadow 2.0 in The Top Shelf

3. Dior Addict Lipstick in 750 and 745

4. YSL Rouge Pur Coutoure in 20

5. Hourglass Femme Rouge Velvet Creme Lipstick in Ballet

6. Sephora Collection Prisma Chrome Eyeshadow in Moon Beam

7. Kat Von D Painted Love Lipstick in Backstage Bambi

8. NARS Lipstick in Roman Holiday

@janinebt  KVD's Saint scent smells wonderful! 

@sephoramusthave  KVD's lipstick in Backstage Bambi is a beautiful pink.  I think the same color is also going to be in the new liquid lipstick she has coming out.

16 Replies
Conversation Stats