cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Traveling Sephora trading box

Hello! 

Are there any US TSBs that are happening/coming up? I’d start my own, but I don’t have enough to start it. Thanks! 

Re: Traveling Sephora trading box

Hey! Sorry, I know this thread is long dead but I can’t seem to find the active one. Could anyone point me towards a more recent/active trading thread, box or group? I’ve never done one before but I’d love to swap out some of my stash! 🙂 thanks 

I'm starting one. Check it out.

Thanks so much @RGbrown!!! ❤️

I was thinking about this last night!!! I would probably be able to start one, was considering one a little smaller than whats been done in the past mostly due to the large flat rate box size shrinking (grrrrr USPS) and wanting to keep it to a flat rate, but I do agree that it would be hard to verify participants @pinyo @ElleElleG

Starting one would be fabulous! I definitely agree flat rate would be best. Perhaps if we Tetris the package, we can fit DS and FS! @CC3616

Awesome! I'm glad there is some interest @pinyo! I'm going to work through some items later this week and once I confirm, I will work on a thread comparable with previous trades. I saw @prettyinpa (are you interested, if so I'll tag you as it comes to life!!) said the best practice thread didn't move over, bummer! Doubtful but maybe some of the individual threads switched over for reference. May be a couple weeks to get through everything and gather a post but I'm excited to get working on it! yay!

There was a thread on BT called TSB Best Practices for the BT community that laid out a lot of knowledgeable people's ideas on how to run a TSB, but the thread must not have gotten migrated over since it doesn't show up in the search. I wish I had done a screenshot of it, all I have is the URL and it comes up "Oops.you clicked into the wrong page. Grr.

I have the rules on word if you guys would like it. I was part of the group that kept the rules going 😉 since I conducted a couple of TSB's

Anonymous Insider

RE: Traveling Sephora trading box

YEESSSS!! Please! I could literally open a Sephora pop up store! Lol! My daughter now cringes when I try to force samples on her! If anyone would kindly share details on how to initiate or participate, I would so greatly appreciate. I get the general idea, but specifics would be great! Fabulous idea!!

Re: RE: Traveling Sephora trading box

Check out the link to my box and the rules are there, but send me an email to send as a word document. Thanks.

It's been awhile since I've seen one, like well before the switchover happened (to my knowledge). It has been talked about though, mostly in relation to exchanges. The question is how to go about vetting participants given the new platform.

Oh wow! I didn’t think about the vetting-I’m glad you chimed in @ElleElleG. Maybe we should go based on who was known to be trustful pre-change/based on vouches/successful trading? 

Previous participants, any new trusted traders from after the switch, or above a certain ranking?  @pinyo @ElleElleG

The first two types of BTers you recommend sound great @CC3616! I don’t know how the new ranking titles system work (I’m getting the impression it’s somewhat arbitrary/inaccurate), so it would be awesome to hear thoughts 🙂

@CC3616 @pinyo  I also agree with the first two (previous participants and new trusted traders).  Ranking is inconsistent at best and I've noticed a flurry of movement from folks who haven't been around very long.  

Traveling Sephora trading box

can you explain what that is, I've never heard of it.

@BeautybyJules

TSB stands for trading sample box, or traveling swap box, or some other similar name. Basically, one person loads a box up with samples (or some "theme" of items...it might be perfume related, or skin care, or premium brand items, etc) and sends it the next person on the list. That person takes some stuff out and adds more items, posts their swaps for approval, and once approved, they mail it on to the next person, and so on and so forth until it gets back to the person that started it.

I've never done one, but watched the threads on a couple last year and they look fun!

Anonymous Insider

RE: Re: Traveling Sephora trading box

Thank you for the explanation! Sounds even more fun than I thought!! I thought people posted available items and requested exchanges...but this is so much more fun. Like a guaranteed great Play! Box!! Completely in! If anyone had taken the initiative to start this, please include me on the list! Several people have mentioned a vetting process...another great idea...so I’d be happy to message a list of brands/products. And, seriously, if anyone is interested in perfume, I have drawers full of samples organized in bags (several have 1-3 oz of sample and/or deluxe size). Looking forward to updates ❤️

Thanks @RGbrown for the thorough explanation! I wish Sephora would notify me when there’s responses! I thought this thread went empty haha. 

I’ve participated in 2-3 and they’re so much fun! I hope we can get a trustworthy group to start one. 

Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 64 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing