Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Haul Stars

Too Much

Is there such a thing? My hubby has asked me today to cut back my spending and slow it down. LOL. How horrible am I that I need him to call me out? I feel bad because I have like 3 orders coming in the mail. Is anyone else guilty of hiding bags or boxes?

Re: Too Much

I've definitely been guilty of hiding things and/or downplaying how much I have purchased. At this point, I think it is possible to have too much (for me, I mean). I think I own about 100 blushes...and even if I never bought another, I don't think I could use all of them in a lifetime. I probably have close to 100 lipsticks, too...it's just crazy (but it was so much fun acquiring everything!). In the future, I'm going to try to keep this in mind, and pare my collection down to the essentials and things I really appreciate. Smiley Happy

Not to trigger your blush frenzy but which brand is your favorite? I own very few blushes because they scare me lol. I see them and think they are pretty but I don't want to look like a clown.

It's all about using the right tools, sometimes -- even the brightest colors that one think would be clownish can be lovely if applied with a stippling brush! That said, my favorite user-friendly shades are the Chanel Joues Contraste series (lots of color, but they're easy to apply) and Dior (which tends to be sheer). I love NARS, but I have to be really careful in applying most of them (they're still worth it, though).

As for specific colors...I like NARS Deep Throat, Gaiety (not as heavily pigmented as Desire and Angelika, so it's an easier pink to apply) and Sex Appeal; Chanel Rose Pétale and Turbulent; Dior Passion Fruit...I could go on, haha.

I would love to see your collection and everyone else in photos Smiley Happy I will do mine soon to share Smiley Happy

I kind of do wants to see 100 blushes, sounds like it would be super pretty when ordered by color and displayed, makes me think of a field of tulips. =X

I think that cheek products are my new weakness (blushes/bronzers/highlighters). I love them, use them all the time, and sooooo pretty! It takes me awhile to use up just one of these things though....so I will have to keep that in mind the next time I want to buy one of these things.

Yeah...I definitely hide, downplay and shift my items about as well XD  As long as it's within your means though there shouldn't be too much of an issue.  I do say the same though for my BF  I find his new Pathfinder books in the weirdest places XD

I say only worry when it's becoming a financial burden or causing problems in that area, or when a whole shelf of makeup comes crashing down on your, OR if you notice you have so much makeup some of it is getting moldy or isn't used!

I personally have a TON of makeup that I don't use and have finally come to the realization that there CAN be too much of a good thing! I really don't need that extra eyeshadow or blush no matter how pretty it is, especially if I know I have 10 more brand new ones in storage ath ome. Smiley Sad I'm lucky my bf doesn't complain but it's probably considering he spends all his money on fancy bike gear! haha.

Have you tried doing makeup swaps with friends, or investing in free gifts? Those are great ways to get mini sizes of items to try and stocking up on your daily essentials and I love to buy those at department stores! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

Gosh, Diana! You got me picturing me in front of a giant vanity of lipsticks, eye shadows, powders, blushes, foundations, liners, mascaras, glosses, bronzers, palettes, brushes, lotions, cleansers, toners, serums, treatments, and perfume falling on me! In a funny, comical relief kind of way, not in the "actually getting pelted with product" kind of way, haha!

Actually, one of my drawer organizers did topple over on me and pelted me with shampoos and conditioners stored on top, along with my UD and Smashbox collections from the drawers! Hubby had just about had a conniption laughing at me!

76 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • DSCN0121.JPG