Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

The Tried and True OG's

This morning while getting ready I reached for a product I have been using for... I'd say at least a decade - Kate Somerville ExfoliKate™ Intensive Exfoliating Treatment and I thought about how long I've been using it. It's one of the first products I remember that really got me interested in skin care, and I still use it to this day. Then I was thinking about all the other products I started using so many years ago, and still use. 

We all have those new releases we are excited to try, a product we've had our eye on for a while and finally get, collections we love where we need every shade, or a recent fave. We'll share products that work well for us, discuss how to add a product to address the new skincare issues that's popped up... but how often do we give our first loves some well... love? What helped start your relationship with beauty that you are still using? Here are mine -

CLINIQUE High Impact Mascara Okay y'all do know I love this if you happen to see my What Are You Wearing Today posts... it's literally the only mascara I am willing to wear.

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Original For real not enough people talk about how good this stuff is and it's probably cause eye shadow primer is boring.

Dior J'adore Eau de Parfum I remember years ago (like two apartments, a townhouse, and a house ago) I lusted after this perfume and got a 500 pt reward that included a small bottle and kept that for as looooooong as I cooooooould before it wasn't quite as painful to buy a full sized bottle. Still my absolute favorite. 

bareMinerals Original Mineral Veil Pressed Setting Powder This might be kiiiiiiinda cheating cause to be fair it was the Original Loose Veil I wore way back when, but this was before Pressed was even a thing. I just prefer the pressed compact is all, but it's basically the same product. 

Share yours, be inspired by others' loves, and reminisce on a time when your stash was significantly more minimal. 

Re: The Tried and True OG's

@alexasteph, I love finding the product.

To me Dior Diorshow 24h Buildable Volume Mascara is an OG.  It was one of my first loves at Sephora.  I fall in and out of love, but this one always holds a special place in my heart.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz® Ultra-Slim Precision Eyebrow Pencilis a HG for me.

CLINIQUE Almost Lipstick Black Honey, I haven't reached for mine recently, but it's a product that I need to subconsciously have because I like the feel and the finish.

Other HGs:

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Mini Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Foundation-one of my fave foundations.  It stays well on my combo skin and can be sheered out so well with its primer.

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer Fenty Glow 

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter Trophy Wife 

@danielledanielle I think Black Honey is THE original OG!! It’s been so long since I’ve worn it, but that shade has us all in a vice grip hahaha. Who hasn’t tried it and loved it?? 

I also enjoy Diorshow mascara, and have been able to pick up a few tubes through GWP or deals, but for me I just can’t justify buying it on its own! It’s a great mascara, but when I use something I need to replace frequently cost plays a role and the Clinique is so affordable. 

@danielledanielle ,

The Clinique Almost Lipstick Black Honey is one that I need to get out and use again!  😊  Totally OG!  I love the lip gloss gel Clinique Black Honey!   💗  Also the Dior Diorshow Mascara!  💕

86 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 86 replies
  • 469 Hearts Given
  • 16 Contributors
Photos3
  • Block of Marseille soap for clothes and laundry
  • Liquid Marseille soap - skin cleaning
  • This photo makes me realize how many faves are discontinued... sigh.
testing