Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Thank you Sephora, Milk Makeup, Dior and Tocca for the lovely spring goodies!

Hey everyone! I was chosen to get some stuff for free to try from Sephora!  The items are:

Milk Makeup highlighters in Mars and Supernova

Dior Pump and Volume Mascara

Tocca Stella hair fragrance

gratis1.jpg

I have tried the Milk highlighters and swatched them on my arm as well as on both of my cheeks for you guys.  I really love both! They apply well and don't stay feeling sticky on the cheeks after application.  I think that Mars is great if you want something more natural/subtle, while Supernova is great for a sort of extra terrestrial feel ;).  It was super hard to capture Mars in my photos though, but it is a sort of orangey color with a reddish shimmer (think Fireball by Urban Decay).  It looks super great and natural once on the face though!

Spoiler
gratis2.jpg

gratis4.jpg

gratis5.jpg

As for the Dior mascara, I haven't tried it yet but I opened it to check out the brush! I'm curious how it'll work for me.. I hope well! It doesn't look like other mascaras which I find myself using more often (think of an hourglass shaped brush with more dense bristles), but maybe this one will surprise me 😉  Photo in spoiler!

Spoiler
gratis7.jpg

EDIT: Just tried the mascara on one eye... Omg.. LOOK AT MY LASHES. One eye has nothing and the other has two coats of the Dior mascara (applied one coat, then waited about 10 seconds before applying the next- no curling or primer used). This is amazing, wow. Sorta in shock, and if this doesn't flake and go wild, this is my new HG.

gratis8.jpg

And finally the hair fragrance! I got it in Stella and omg it smells so good.  I sprayed one spray in my hair and it's lingering with me and all I can smell! It's very feminine and floral, it's quite sweet too and I think it smells stronger than many of my regular perfumes.  I think this is something I'll spray onto my hair on windy days so the wind can lift my hair and spread the scent 😉 haha.

Thank you so much for all of this Sephora! It really made me happy (especially with my low-buy and such lol).  

Re: Thank you Sephora, Milk Makeup, Dior and Tocca for the lovely spring goodies!

Oh my goodness, Mars is stunning on you!  

Thank you for the swatches of the milk holographic sticks - I've been wondering about the new shades!  🙂

Re: Thank you Sephora, Milk Makeup, Dior and Tocca for the lovely spring goodies!

@Milou07 Thank you so much!! It's a gorgeous highlighter, I definitely recommend getting it or testing it out in store at the very least. 🙂

Congrats @trishavt You look lovely. Now I need Mars in my life, it is stunning! What lip colour are you wearing? 

@fatimamummy Thank you! I'm wearing the new NARS Charlotte Gainsbourg lip tint in Éphélide. It's a beautiful berry color that I imagine will look very beautiful on you 🙂 The gloss wears off in a few hours but the berry tint doesn't wear off or transfer. 

Congrat ladies.  🙂 

I was lucky as well to receive the gratis. Thank you, Sephora! I'm very appreciative for the opportunity to test new products Heart

April-2017-Gratis.jpg

Warning: Picture overload (majority will be in spoilers so I don't crash BT haha)

The Tocca hair mist in Stella is completely new to me. I've never tried a hair mist, but when I read about the oils in here to help your hair out, I was sold. The scent is fresh yet warm at the same time. I'm not too fond of warm scents, but the floral notes are starting to come out. I'll have to experiment more with it, Stella is a strong fragrance and maybe 4 spritz were too much...

The Dior mascara intrigued me and scared me at the same time. My lashes need a waterproof formula to hold a curl, that's how troublesome they are. Sigh, short Asian lashes here. HOWEVER, the volume is spectacular that I can overlook my annoying lashes.

Spoiler
Apr20-Gratis-Dior.jpg

The formula is wet and too clumpy right now, so the application isn't the best. But I did manage to salvage it a bit. It's not as 'oomph' as @sabrinas, but given what nature gave me I'm happy with the results. I do need to curl my lashes a little once the mascara dries. I typically need to do this if it's a non-waterproof formula. Luckily, no horror stories yet about my lashes falling out or sticking to my curler 😛

Spoiler
April-2017-Gratis-Milk.jpg

The Milk sticks are beautiful! I love the packaging, and the colours are unique to me. I'm surprised how pigmented Supernova is. It pairs well with Becca Prismatic Amethyst. On me, Mars is a true golden sheen. The pink shift is very subtle here, but it's noticeable once applied!

Here's Supernova and Mars in action

Spoiler
Supernova with Becca Prismatic Amethyst on top. Just a hint of holographic purples and blues without looking crazy! I butchered the application and lost the hue of Supernova, so I added a similar powder on top to bring it back to full force.
Apr20-Gratis-Milk-Supernova.jpg

Mars with Becca Champagne Pop on top. Without CP, it was way too subtle for me. I like a strong highlight hehe. Anyways, it was very difficult to find a Becca powder (my fav formula) to match Mars. CP had the peachy tones but not enough pink, so it's actually more golden here.
Apr20-Gratis-Milk-Mars.jpg

@fatimamummy@trishavt Thank you! The Milk sticks surprised me the most. I need to perfect my application with them 🙂

Everything looks amazing on you @Melissa136 Congrats!

Yayy thanks! I agree that the dior formula IS wet so you have to be super careful when applying!

Wow you look amazing! Supernova and Mars look equally beautiful on you @Melissa136 🙂

Congrats! That mascara is AMAZING! I want to check it out now. I can't believe there's no lash primer; it's insane! 

I was lucky enough to get this gratis and I'm so excited to try out some new products! Thank you, Sephora!

18052674_10101279587154261_46809221_n.jpg

Here I have on the mascara, Milk Mars, and the Tocca hair fragrance (if only we had smell-o-vision). I love Tocca in general and Stella is no exception.  I really like wearing the fragrance in my hair because it's not quite as overpowering as traditional fragrance application yet I get a touch of the fruity-floral scent as I move around throughout the day.

I was surprised Mars had so much pink in it, but it's really pretty and I think that will make it more wearable for different undertones.  I really love a glossy look and am so happy that this one doesn't leave my face feeling wet or sticky. It's not overly glossy either - just enough to have a natural finish.

This mascara is drama, drama, drama (the good kind ;)).  This is only my first day wearing it but I am so impressed. It gives me a ton of volume and length and definitely rivals my favorite Chanel Le Volume and Stila Huge Lash.  I haven't had any flaking or smudging on my eyelids which is a huge deal for me because every mascara smudges on me throughout the day. I'm also really impressed that this mascara is so dramatic yet not messy in application at all. The creamy formula seemed to almost cling to my lashes so I got all the drama without the mess in one coat. These are just my first few thoughts. I'll update with Supernova and more thoughts as I get more familiar with the products. 

You look adorable @kso1225 Mars is super gorgeous on you.

@kso1225 You look sooo pretty. Mars is a great highlighter on you! 🙂

Thank you @trishavt! I'm so happy with it!  

So is the formula on the new diorshow the same as the other ones or what? Long time diorshow user here. I'm so into the overcurl brush that I'm not super enthusiastic about the new one. I mean I'll try it, but still.

Supernova I like it! 

I expected it to be a very extreme cool toned highlight, but it was more subtle than I expected. It remained dewy all day without feeling sticky. Work appropriate iridescence.   

holostick6.jpgliam.jpgAlso wearing Dior Pump and Volume Mascara - no flaking 🙂 

Supernova goes so well with your complexion @moxiepancakes Your skin is so beautiful and glowy!

Gorgeous!!! Could you let me know what lipstick you're wearing?? Its so pretty!

It's Tom Ford Liam thanks @sabrinas

@moxiepancakes Your lashes look amazing! Also, Supernova and the purple lipstick you're wearing are the perfect pair. 😉

5 Replies
Photos35
  • gratis2.jpg
  • gratis4.jpg
  • gratis5.jpg
  • gratis7.jpg
  • gratis1.jpg
  • IMG_3664.JPG
  • gratis8.jpg
  • 1813_00043000057551.jpg
  • IMG_4754.JPG
  • 2.jpg