Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Thank you Sephora, Milk Makeup, Dior and Tocca for the lovely spring goodies!

Hey everyone! I was chosen to get some stuff for free to try from Sephora!  The items are:

Milk Makeup highlighters in Mars and Supernova

Dior Pump and Volume Mascara

Tocca Stella hair fragrance

gratis1.jpg

I have tried the Milk highlighters and swatched them on my arm as well as on both of my cheeks for you guys.  I really love both! They apply well and don't stay feeling sticky on the cheeks after application.  I think that Mars is great if you want something more natural/subtle, while Supernova is great for a sort of extra terrestrial feel ;).  It was super hard to capture Mars in my photos though, but it is a sort of orangey color with a reddish shimmer (think Fireball by Urban Decay).  It looks super great and natural once on the face though!

Spoiler
gratis2.jpg

gratis4.jpg

gratis5.jpg

As for the Dior mascara, I haven't tried it yet but I opened it to check out the brush! I'm curious how it'll work for me.. I hope well! It doesn't look like other mascaras which I find myself using more often (think of an hourglass shaped brush with more dense bristles), but maybe this one will surprise me 😉  Photo in spoiler!

Spoiler
gratis7.jpg

EDIT: Just tried the mascara on one eye... Omg.. LOOK AT MY LASHES. One eye has nothing and the other has two coats of the Dior mascara (applied one coat, then waited about 10 seconds before applying the next- no curling or primer used). This is amazing, wow. Sorta in shock, and if this doesn't flake and go wild, this is my new HG.

gratis8.jpg

And finally the hair fragrance! I got it in Stella and omg it smells so good.  I sprayed one spray in my hair and it's lingering with me and all I can smell! It's very feminine and floral, it's quite sweet too and I think it smells stronger than many of my regular perfumes.  I think this is something I'll spray onto my hair on windy days so the wind can lift my hair and spread the scent 😉 haha.

Thank you so much for all of this Sephora! It really made me happy (especially with my low-buy and such lol).  

Re: Thank you Sephora, Milk Makeup, Dior and Tocca for the lovely spring goodies!

Samesies, @unfungirl ! 😉

Re: Thank you Sephora, Milk Makeup, Dior and Tocca for the lovely spring goodies!

These are gorgeous on you!

Thank you, @ashlynaf !

😍 supernova was definitely made for you @lyravega! That is so stunning on you omg! Since I have med olive skin tone, it is a bit too cool toned for me so I am excited to see Mars added to the line. No doubt It also looks very pretty on you but supernova is a clear winner. I did not know about coconut oil..might just have to take a chance then 😉

Thank you, @Anewxa ! Heart

Mars would look absolutely stunning on you! Such a unique ( at least to me ), beautiful, beautiful color.

I am def intimidated by the coco oil in it as coco oil breaks me out. It is not very high on the ingredients list, so maybe it won't affect me as if it was the main ingredient. But... I just don't know. What I do know is that I in general avoid face products that contain coco oil. And, now this! Gah! ( Maybe I can use them on my body and go full on unicorn! 😄 ( I can use coco oil on my body, just not on my face. ) )

upload_7870683535571942429.jpg

Thank you Sephora, Dior, Milk, and Tocca for selecting me to receive this gratis. I am so grateful and love being able to try new things!!

IMG_1822.JPG

Tocca stella hair mist

I've been interested in hair perfumes for a while but never actually bought one. I think I assumed it'd be the same as spraying my brush with regular perfume or using a strong smelling dry conditioner. Guess I was wrong lol. I tend to flat iron or curl my hair a few times a week and my hair will smell weird afterwards. It drives me crazy so that's when I'll use a dry conditioner or shampoo to erase that smell. It doesn't work very well. However, this perfume got rid of that annoying smell with just a couple a spritz. The perfume does smell a little strong and floral. I'm more of a woodsy, smoke, pepper kind of scent lover. However, the scent isn't sickly floral or sweet and it softens after a little while, while still leaving a beautiful scent in my hair. I wouldn't say it lasts until the next wash or anything like that. By this morning the scent is gone and I'm ready to spray some more lol. It also doesn't add any oil or texture to my hair.

Dior Mascara

So after seeing @sabrinas mascara pic above I had high expectations. I love Diorshow and Too Faced Better than Sex and hoped it performs the same. Omg...my lashes touched my brow bone it curled and lengthened so much. I'm going to try to capture this in a pic (that still gives me some anonymity lol). I really like how it looks. The only downside is it's more of a loose, wet formula. It can spread a little bit while applying to the upper lash line and I even got some on my brow bone from blinking. I also managed to flick some on my cheek (I swear I have some makeup skills!!! I don't know how that happened!) The upper lash line issue I almost always have with mascara and it's probably my application technique. Other than the slight runny formula, it does dry down and doesn't flake. I also love the squeeze function to get more formula on the brush, it's an interesting concept that I definitely used. 

(Please excuse my dark circles and lack of concealer 🙈)

Left eye without mascara

IMG_1833.JPG

with the Dior mascara (Edited to add better pic :)...sans dark circles 😁)

IMG_1841.JPG

Milk Makeup Holographic Sticks

Perhaps my introduction to the brand wasn't the best (super mini lipstick promo I'm talking bout U!) While intrigued by the brand and the claims of simplicity, I just didn't bite the bullet and buy something. I did get deluxe samples of their mascara from the Sephora favorite set(?) and birchbox, I didn't exactly love it. When I learned that I would be receiving 2 highlighting sticks, I decided to hope for the best and ignore my previous reservations about the brand. It's funny that once I saw the sticks the first thing I thought was "wow that's a lot of product!" The other type of stick highlighter/blush I have experience is NARS the multiple. The Milk sticks are literally twice the amount of product for $11 cheaper! While I know they aren't necessarily interchangeable products, I just know I have never made it thru a NARS multiple stick (or mini) and thought it was a lot of product. I am impressed by the size alone. 

I received the shades Mars and Supernova and it is a mermaid/unicorn dream lol. I swatched it and the formula is very lightweight and glides on so easily. On me, mars shows as a golden pink/copper and supernova as a bluish lavender. I think this is going to be wonderful for the warmer weather and definitely for the beach. In the pic Mars looks a lot less pink, obvious but in real life it shows up more. 

IMG_1818.JPG

@misscg I am also interested in hair mists. I often wear oil based perfume and would like to venture more into alcohol based. 

> woodsy, smoke, pepper

That is my scent profile right there!

I haven't bit the Milk Makeup bullet either. I will try RMS but not on my face since they do have a lot of coconut oil. Maybe Kopari if they ever do hair products (do they have those?) My ends could use some moisture since they are quite long.

@misscg - Congratulations on receiving these gifts!  Your eyelashes look gorgeous!  The two highlighters look very nice with your skin tone.  Enjoy playing with those.  I like your description of the hair scent and your comments in an earlier post.  Especially since your your preference in scents is the same as mine. I didn't even know such a product existed.  Now I'm curious curious.

All of these amazing eyelash pictures have me convinced I need to try this mascara. I have been using Chanel Le Volume religiously, but this new Dior looks amazing!

@ashlynaf I typically don't care to buy full sized mascaras but this one is so good I think I'm going to buy a backup while it's on sale. 

Wow your lashes! I can see such a difference @misscg! Did you experience any flaking after a while of wear? 

@Anewxa I think it may have been user error my first try lol. After it dries there's no flaking. I think I may have been over eager to try it on and flicked mascara all over the place 

Wow, this is amazing! All I can say is WOW! 

Omg the mascara is gorgeous 

I have a question for anyone that received the Tocca spray - if you have issues with oily hair does this add any oilyness? I'd love to be able to spray my hair with a scent, but I struggle with fine oily hair (seriously if I don't wash it every day I look like a hot mess). Thank you in advanced and I will add to the holy smoke eyelash pic - sabrinas that looks awesome!

@niki172 I don't think it does. I sprayed some yesterday before running out and it didn't add anything besides a beautiful smell. I'm obsessed with this already. My hair isn't fine but I sprayed some on my hand it and dried almost instantly, doesn't seem to have any added oils or hold. I hope this helps!

It does thank you misscg 🙂

@sabrinas your lashes look amazing!!! Holy smokes!!

Congrats to everyone chosen! This is awesome that mascara tho! Amazingly! Need that!!! Looks beautiful. Enjoy ❤️❤️❤️ 😄

Holy crap your lashes!!! I love them! 

Do you lashes naturally curl when you apply mascara or do you have to curl them? I always have to curl then use a waterproof mascara for mine to stay. 

Congrats, @sabrinas , and the rest of the chosen lucky ducks! The goodies are really something else! Enjoy! I know I will. 😉

So... My pretties are finally here! How exciting! Thank you Sephora, Dior, Milk Makeup and Tocca! Can't wait to "dig in"! 😛

pretties.jpg

Supernova looks right up my alley! So happy they included something icy for us ice queens. 🙂

The Tocca bottle is so very pretty and feels so luxe. I had to take a separate photo of it. That cap is a nice surprise. It is actually something metal and heavy. Not just your usual plastic. ( Am I the only weirdo paying attention to stuff like that? 😄 Whatever, me like! I do like details like that. )

tocca.jpg

Swatches and report asap! 😉

1 Reply
Photos35
  • gratis2.jpg
  • gratis4.jpg
  • gratis5.jpg
  • gratis7.jpg
  • gratis1.jpg
  • IMG_3664.JPG
  • gratis8.jpg
  • 1813_00043000057551.jpg