Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Thank you Sephora, Milk Makeup, Dior and Tocca for the lovely spring goodies!

Hey everyone! I was chosen to get some stuff for free to try from Sephora!  The items are:

Milk Makeup highlighters in Mars and Supernova

Dior Pump and Volume Mascara

Tocca Stella hair fragrance

gratis1.jpg

I have tried the Milk highlighters and swatched them on my arm as well as on both of my cheeks for you guys.  I really love both! They apply well and don't stay feeling sticky on the cheeks after application.  I think that Mars is great if you want something more natural/subtle, while Supernova is great for a sort of extra terrestrial feel ;).  It was super hard to capture Mars in my photos though, but it is a sort of orangey color with a reddish shimmer (think Fireball by Urban Decay).  It looks super great and natural once on the face though!

Spoiler
gratis2.jpg

gratis4.jpg

gratis5.jpg

As for the Dior mascara, I haven't tried it yet but I opened it to check out the brush! I'm curious how it'll work for me.. I hope well! It doesn't look like other mascaras which I find myself using more often (think of an hourglass shaped brush with more dense bristles), but maybe this one will surprise me 😉  Photo in spoiler!

Spoiler
gratis7.jpg

EDIT: Just tried the mascara on one eye... Omg.. LOOK AT MY LASHES. One eye has nothing and the other has two coats of the Dior mascara (applied one coat, then waited about 10 seconds before applying the next- no curling or primer used). This is amazing, wow. Sorta in shock, and if this doesn't flake and go wild, this is my new HG.

gratis8.jpg

And finally the hair fragrance! I got it in Stella and omg it smells so good.  I sprayed one spray in my hair and it's lingering with me and all I can smell! It's very feminine and floral, it's quite sweet too and I think it smells stronger than many of my regular perfumes.  I think this is something I'll spray onto my hair on windy days so the wind can lift my hair and spread the scent 😉 haha.

Thank you so much for all of this Sephora! It really made me happy (especially with my low-buy and such lol).  

Re: Thank you Sephora, Milk Makeup, Dior and Tocca for the lovely spring goodies!

Oh my gosh I loooooove supernova on you.

Re: Thank you Sephora, Milk Makeup, Dior and Tocca for the lovely spring goodies!

Wow! That mascara! I have way too much mascara but as soon as I can, I want to try it! Really nice results! @sabrinas Do you have naturally long lashes?

The hair mist also looks interesting, I've always wanted to try one but haven't actually jumped on it.

@CRAZY4MASCARA Thanks! And yes I do have naturally long lashes so Im sure that helps me a bit too 😛

I finally tried everything! 

@6ixGirl and @KatieJiang wanted to know how the Dior Pump'N'Volume mascara works on tiny Asian lashes. I found that it did create dramatic volume! And the wand isn't too big like other Diorshow mascaras! Mascara wand size is very important to me since I get mascara all over the place when I use oversized wands on my little lashes. I didn't notice much difference in length, but as a Southern coworker says, you can't make a Clydesdale out of Shetland ponies (though she uses that phrase when explaining that her kid will never be super tall). The true test will be when I try this mascara when summer hits (which is any day here in Texas). If it manages to not melt all over my face, I would probably buy this. 

The biggest surprise for me was how much I liked the Milk Holographic Stick highlighter, particularly in Mars. It gives my warm skin tone a perfect glow. My favorite highlighter is RMS Living Luminizer, but the Milk one is a bit thinner consistency and therefore easier to blend. I also didn't expect much from the brand, mostly due to the mini lippies (I think tiny sample sizes make me think that the company might skimp on ingredients, too) and the fact that I hated their lip tint. But, this highlighter is pretty cool. I've been in meetings and trainings all week, so I haven't used the fun Supernova shade yet, but I did swatch it, and it's lovely. 

And, of course, I love the Tocca hair perfume! I use just a spritz or two every other day when I don't shampoo. It smells fabulous, and it doesn't weigh down my fine hair or anything. Plus, the bottle is so luxurious. The weight of the cap actually surprised me!

Thanks for sharing your review @txcatx I am happy you love the products you received 🙂

Thanks for tagging me! I love hearing about this.

I like big fluffy mascara brushes (like Diorshow) because they create dimension. I have been using a thin curled wand lately which creates spiky dimension. It all depends on the look you are going for.

Re: horses and ponies. That is the cutest saying ever. I like your coworker already. 

I still swear by my Heroine Make Long and Curl, but lately I am looking for volume. That one stays put and reapplies nicely but it is a little bit dry. Open to recs. I can't do runny mascaras.

I have been looking to try organic makeup. How is RMS? What would you rec? Looking to pick something up during the sale.

BTW I live in Toronto (can't you tell) and my April 18th order shipped today! I thought that it was going to take forever.

At least nothing suddenly went out of stock this time... I hate when that happens

I collect Guerlain perfume and finally picked up Terracotta.

How do I use a Foreo Luna Mini 2? Mint blue!

Tocca has such pretty bottles. But I haven't found a scent that I really like just yet from them. I want to know if they ever do any new releases.

They aren't authentic Italian perfume to me. I still like them

I've been trying to start using more organic/natural products, too, but it's been difficult to find products that I love. I've tried a few RMS products, but the highlighter is my favorite. The lip and cheek colors are fine, but the eyeshadow isn't my favorite. 

As for mascaras, I really like Guerlain Maxilash these days. And there's usually a little set that comes with a sample or two that costs the same as just the mascara.

That coworker also says, "The devil's beating his wife" whenever it's raining while the sun is out.

Thank you so much @txcatx ! I might have to give it a try. I agree with you on the oversized wands situation (Diorshow is the worst!).

I'm so tempted to buy this mascara during the sale. I checked out the reviews, and while some seem to love it, others not so much. I'm kind of hoping that Sephora puts out a 100 pt perk of the dior mascara so I can try it before I buy.

@PrettyPaint I like luxury mascara because they are comfortable to wear. I also hope that they put them out. Has anybody gotten it as a sample size or in their Play box before? I kind of hope that comes to Canada

That would be a great idea for a play box....instead of sending items I have already tried 1,000 times before....

Congratulations!  What an amazing gift.

Wow! The mascara looks phenomenal!

Anonymous Insider

The sticks are beautiful and @lyravega did a great job at swatches! Here's outdoor light and applied straight from the bullet without blending. IMG_4868.JPG

@Anonymous - Wow!  Very impressive!

Awesome! You've managed to capture that lovely pink in Mars that was eluding me, @Anonymous! Gorgeous! Both of them. And, I love your purple flowers, too.

I was gonna do some outdoor shooting tomorrow, but now I don't have to. 😉

@lyravega I bought some flowers for my mother, myself, and some grass for my cat. I love plants and would like to cultivate some more this spring and summer. They freshen up the air beautifully.

I would love to see outdoor light swatches of these! They look glowy 😄

@Anonymous  i love these! i have the milk holo stick and it's so gorgeous. i really want supernova!

Here are some swatches of Milk Holographic Sticks on me. They apply beautifully on my hand ( used my fingers to blend ), sink right into the skin, and feel very nice. I guess that should not be a surprise considering they have ingredients like mango butter, coconut oil, and avocado oil in them. ( I had no idea there's coconut oil in here! Smiley Surprised That makes me nervous as I can't use coconut oil on my face. I will probably try them on anyway, and pray for the best. )

They both are so beautiful! Even Mars, for which I thought it'd be too warm and too golden for me ( I see gold and warm, I run in the opposite direction. 😄 ) . It's this gorgeous rose gold on me, with pink and some apricot to it that just looks so stunning. It seems the color agrees with my skin. Or it is just the stupid yellow light in the photos. We'll see...

Supernova ( silver with lavender "shift" ) was made for me. Plain and simple. 🙂

milkgalaxy2.jpg

I tried, but couldn't capture that lovely pink in Mars... 😞 But, it's there! Trust me!

@lyravega - Both colors look great on you!  Supernova really stands out with your coloring.

@lyravega i love these both, but supernova is so my style!

7 Replies
Photos35
  • gratis2.jpg
  • gratis4.jpg
  • gratis5.jpg
  • gratis7.jpg
  • gratis1.jpg
  • IMG_3664.JPG
  • gratis8.jpg
  • 1813_00043000057551.jpg
  • IMG_4754.JPG
  • 2.jpg