Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Thank you Sephora, Milk Makeup, Dior and Tocca for the lovely spring goodies!

Hey everyone! I was chosen to get some stuff for free to try from Sephora!  The items are:

Milk Makeup highlighters in Mars and Supernova

Dior Pump and Volume Mascara

Tocca Stella hair fragrance

gratis1.jpg

I have tried the Milk highlighters and swatched them on my arm as well as on both of my cheeks for you guys.  I really love both! They apply well and don't stay feeling sticky on the cheeks after application.  I think that Mars is great if you want something more natural/subtle, while Supernova is great for a sort of extra terrestrial feel ;).  It was super hard to capture Mars in my photos though, but it is a sort of orangey color with a reddish shimmer (think Fireball by Urban Decay).  It looks super great and natural once on the face though!

Spoiler
gratis2.jpg

gratis4.jpg

gratis5.jpg

As for the Dior mascara, I haven't tried it yet but I opened it to check out the brush! I'm curious how it'll work for me.. I hope well! It doesn't look like other mascaras which I find myself using more often (think of an hourglass shaped brush with more dense bristles), but maybe this one will surprise me 😉  Photo in spoiler!

Spoiler
gratis7.jpg

EDIT: Just tried the mascara on one eye... Omg.. LOOK AT MY LASHES. One eye has nothing and the other has two coats of the Dior mascara (applied one coat, then waited about 10 seconds before applying the next- no curling or primer used). This is amazing, wow. Sorta in shock, and if this doesn't flake and go wild, this is my new HG.

gratis8.jpg

And finally the hair fragrance! I got it in Stella and omg it smells so good.  I sprayed one spray in my hair and it's lingering with me and all I can smell! It's very feminine and floral, it's quite sweet too and I think it smells stronger than many of my regular perfumes.  I think this is something I'll spray onto my hair on windy days so the wind can lift my hair and spread the scent 😉 haha.

Thank you so much for all of this Sephora! It really made me happy (especially with my low-buy and such lol).  

Re: Thank you Sephora, Milk Makeup, Dior and Tocca for the lovely spring goodies!

@lyravega I like heavy metal and heavy metal caps! Leather is nice too, and some woods. Thoughts on precious stones?

It's all in the details 😉

Re: Thank you Sephora, Milk Makeup, Dior and Tocca for the lovely spring goodies!

Congrats @lyravega! Definitely looking forward to your thoughts on the new mars holo stick! I definitely pay attention to details on packaging especially on fragrances..this bottle is so pretty!

Hi @sabrinas! I'm sure you're getting tired of reading this...but...YOUR LASHES!! Definitely makes me want to by that mascara for my lashes 🙂

Cheers!
Nikko

Wow! Your lashes are selling me on that mascara!

Congrats on being chosen, what a fun, lovely gift to receive 😊

Wow, that mascara is amazing! I'm always slightly disappointed by how few mascaras Sephora carries in-store with nylon brushes—they are so much better with building volume without clumping! (Roller Lash doesn't clump, but it's a terrible at volume.) I always want to use Perversion or Better Than Sex or Lights Camera Lashes, but I fare better with Lash Blast (a fine mascara, to be fair). Will have to keep an eye out for this one!

I need that mascara like yesterday!  Hair fragrance!

Very nice Gratis, indeed. Congrats to all chosen!  

Your lashes look amazing! Congrats on receiving the gratis. 🙂 

XOXO,
Marieke

I bought that mascara when it first came out and it is amazing! I had similar results as @sabrinas. I have been wearing it for a week- holds curl and no flaking or smudging all day. 

Congrats to everyone who got this gratis! That mascara looks amazing! so lengthening!

I've been interested in the milk highlighters, but I've held off because I thought they may disturb the face makeup underneath when you swipe them on. Did any of you experience that? Or have application tips? 

@ZombieMetroAnt @playingdressup I dont swipe it on, I just swipe it onto my finger and then dab onto my face and my foundation and everything stays in place the entire day!

I have also done what @KatieBT does, aka using a damp beauty blender to pick up product then bounce on my face (I use it with my clinique chubby highlighter and it works wonders).  I think swiping on would probably upset your base makeup!

@sabrinas @txcatx @ZombieMetroAnt @KatieBT @lyravega Thanks for the tips!!

I used one of the Milk highlighters for the first time this morning by dabbing it on lightly with my fingers, and it looked lovely. 

That is such a great question - thanks for asking it @playingdressup!

@playingdressup I started using a mini BeautyBlender with my liquid and stick highlighters so I won't disturb my foundation and I'm loving the results. With the Milk highlight stick, I moisten the bb, rub it onto the stick then dab onto my face so my foundation isn't affected 🙂 

That's exactly what I do, @KatieBT ! It gives the most perfect application. ( I use BB for almost everything, though. 😄 )

@sabrinas Congrats! You have sold me on the mascara haha!

WOWWOW! Those lashes. The highlighter is gorgeous on you too.

You deserve it hun. Enjoy your goodies.

The mascara looks amazing on you ladies @sabrinas and @moxiepancakes ! I am tempted to purchase the mascara but I'm not sure if they would work as magically on my Asian lashes. I wonder if any Asians were offered this gratis! If so, please post your results!

I was thinking of trying out the $70 Christian Louboutin mascara since it worked wonders on a Youtuber that I watch. The price on the Dior is still steep, but much better compared to the CL.

@KatieJiang BeautyLookBook did a review on the louboutin mascara and didn't think much of it. Go read that then buy the Dior 😉

1. @KatieJiang Tati did a review  on YouTube of a bunch of CLs new stuff, including the mascara. I'd watch that one as well. She's really informative. 

@KatieJiang I'm Asian with tiny lashes and I got this gratis--will post results in the next few days! I feel weird opening and trying new mascaras when I'm halfway into an existing tube, but I'll take one for the team unless someone else beats me to it! 

Photos35
  • gratis2.jpg
  • gratis4.jpg
  • gratis5.jpg
  • gratis7.jpg
  • gratis1.jpg
  • IMG_3664.JPG
  • gratis8.jpg
  • 1813_00043000057551.jpg
  • IMG_4754.JPG
  • 2.jpg
  • mars3.jpg