Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Swoon worthy September 2022 Hauls

fireworks-explosion.gif

7d59bc053fd0dfd22f86836c795e2942.gif

September-is-my-birthday-month-Yes-the-whole-month-Queen.gif

Pumpkin spice, sweater weather, picking out pumpkins and/ or apples & breaking out the boots!

September is the start of fall,

So please share what filled your cart up with us all!

P.s. please continue to use the August haul thread until September 1st

Re: Swoon worthy September 2022 Hauls

I know 😭 @itsfi , a few resurfaced here.  Count myself lucky, but still sad

@danielledanielle - Have you used the Hyper Skin cleanser before?  I have it on my Loves list, but would like to hear from someone I know.  Thanks! 💖💖💖

@Titian06 

So, I have the full size and got the GWP for travel. I really like it, for me it's on par with Sulwhasoo Gentle Cleansing Foam Hydrating Makeup Remover 6.76 oz/ 200 mL .  It's gentle, jelly like; I use my SEPHORA COLLECTION Vegan Makeup Remover and Cleansing Brush to work it into a lather.  I noticed my acne scars had lightened up in a week or so.  Doesn't leave a tacky or tight feel when I'm done.  It's not strong enough to handle my hormonal acne, but I usually will switch to a stronger cleanser at that time anyhow.

Great!  Thanks, @danielledanielle !  I think I'll look into the brush too. 🙂

@danielledanielle bummer about the Fenty powder!  How's the consistency on the Uoma powder?  

It's decent, but not necessarily the viral wonder it's being made out to be (or at least what I am seeing).  Does work well to set eye primer and my brows @CookieGirl1 

@danielledanielle  Sorry your Fenty powder arrived smashed. 😞 The UOMA powder's interesting; I don't have it and haven't seen it in person yet, but each time I see the way it dispenses, I get curious enough to wanna try it. How does the powder itself perform? 

Glad you're having fun playing with the Danessa Myricks palette! 

@WinglessOne , I had the same feeling about the powder.  It being 50% off during D.O.B. got me.  It's not as long lasting as e.lf. beauty shield (😭) or KVD Beauty Kitten Mini Lock-It Setting Powder Mini Size Translucent - 0.19 oz/ 5.4 g  on me for my facebut for some reason it's been doing wonders on my brow and under my eye makeup.  I don't know why.  I'm still in a mask and with the KVD on hot days, most of my makeup stays, with UOMA it's 50/50.  The best thing about it is the dispenser, with the lid on, enough powder comes out and doesn't float away like other powders.

@danielledanielle  Ah, that’s all good info, thank you! Sounds like I can keep passing it up, despite the package functionality. I’d still like to play with it in person though, from a UX design/usability perspective. It’s always interesting to see how usable packaging is for different audiences. 

Yeah, I love the design! I think it's cool that you can dip a beauty sponge into it for baking, even though I rarely bake.  I think you'd get a kick out of it when you do @WinglessOne .

A few retail therapy purchases, a gift, and a couple of finds from a late night Target excursion.

9.19.2022 Haul 1.jpg

Tatcha The Kissu Lip Mask Plum Blossom is a beautiful color for the fall. 

Spoiler
1 - Tatcha Kissu Plum Blossom.jpg

I had been waiting for the Bon Parfumeur Perfume Sampler Set since the brand launched at Sephora and picked it up as soon as I saw it available for purchase.The Bon Parfumeur Perfume Sampler Set . SEPHORA COLLECTION Outrageous Plump Hydrating Lip Gloss 5 Plump It Up Red is a great red for those who may not be super comfortable with a red lip or who just want a pretty shiny red gloss.

9.19.2022 Hauls 2.jpg

9.19.2022 Haul 3.jpg

The mugs were too cute to walk away from; I haven't decided whether they will be gifts for others or for myself. lol. VOLUSPA Sparkling Cuvee Glass Jar Candle is a new one from Voluspa and from my initial smell will have an effervescent scent to it.  Dr. Jart+ Premium BB Tinted Moisturizer with Niacinamide and SPF 40 is the newest BB cream line from the brand and while still limited, offers more color options than their previous lines.

@itsfi 

Those mugs are too cute not to keep or get one or both for yourself. I'm so bummed I missed the Sol de Janeiro mist set. I didn't think it'd go out of stock so fast. Fingers crossed for a restock.

@missy94612 @You can check to see if your local stores has it. 

I love fragrance discovery sets like Bon Parfumeur Perfume Sampler Set. Like many things, fragrance is personal and sets like these are a great way to see how a scent interacts with your own body chemistry. There's usually one or two scents from sampler sets that just don't work for me and I think that's to be expected. As such, it came as a surprise that I enjoyed all six from this set - with 3 (103, 402 & 801) being added to my holiday wish list - let's see if I can hold off until the holidays. Or if I can just pick one of those three to start with. 😂

For anyone interested, I posted a more detailed review on each fragrance here - Re: Fragrance Junkie Central - Beauty Insider Community (sephora.com); a slightly more brief summary is below, based on testing out the scents over the course of a week. Tagging @CookieGirl1 who asked about the different fragrances.

BP discovery set - med.jpg

All the scents in this set are soft and wear close to the skin. I thought this would translate to the scents wearing down and dissipating quickly, but I was wrong in that regard. I was able to pick up most of the scents (faint though they were) after 6-7 hours of wear, with one lasting just over 8 hours. 

001 CITRUS - I picked up neroli at the opening, not overwhelming. The more citrusy notes come forward next, in a very subtle, unassuming way. It's a general citrus scent, not overly fruity, more fresh and clean, but thankfully, not in a Pledge or Pine Sol sort of way. The final dry down is pleasantly sweet and delicately floral. 

103 FLORAL - This one is definitely floral in nature. The scent reminds me of a bouquet of Hawaiian white florals, but in a soft, elegantly understated sort of way. Another fragrance added to my holiday wish list.

203 FRUITY - Opens with a very raspberry undertone, with just a hint of spice and floral. From there, the sillage of subsequent scents I pick up, from the light powder floral scent to the slightly woodsy smell, are more muted, faint, low-key.

402 VANILLA - Soft, vanilla - not cloying nor artificial nor overly gourmand. This is a very soft, subtly sweet, almost airy vanilla and caramel scent. I was pleasantly surprised by this one; another favorite from the set.

501 GOURMAND - WIth the first spritz, I got ... nothing. A second spritz on my arm brought out a very light nutty scent, followed by an even lighter musky and powdery scent, which I think may be the patchouli in it. Each of the notes is actually very soft. 

801 AQUATIC - While the initial sea salt scent is very pronounced, it is tempered by the more herbal and woodsy notes that follow, which help to give the fragrance both depth and freshness. The citrus that follows is beautiful, and reminds me of a very subtle version of Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine, one of my favorite citrus scents.

Thanks for the tag, @itsfi!  I really appreciate your reviews; 103, 203, and 402 were the ones that I'd already had my eye on so it helps to hear your thoughts on them.

@CookieGirl1, I’m planning to try layering a couple of scents this week. 👍🏼 

@itsfi the scents that were included seem like they could definitely compliment each other well.  Have fun experimenting!

Nice haul @itsfi! The new Kissu lip mask looks so pretty!

@faeriegirl, thank you. Tatcha did a lovely job with this one.

@itsfi love the mugs!!! Perfect hauls

@lmaster, thank you. Some fun hauls.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos207
  • fireworks-explosion.gif
  • 7d59bc053fd0dfd22f86836c795e2942.gif
  • September-is-my-birthday-month-Yes-the-whole-month-Queen.gif
  • B7DAFEEA-B985-4AA5-BE22-9E9C86EAF0F2.jpeg
  • A87AEB83-F4A3-4715-882C-ECB23C6DE6CB.jpeg
  • 61601E17-5B34-48F4-83F7-5D5B5E80EA5B.jpeg
  • 20220902_075639_mh1662120327808.jpg
  • 57DC3B97-2E8E-4957-A5BD-AB1A40387FF9.jpeg
  • A70FB9C1-2E5F-4EDF-95F7-06BECB1BB28D.jpeg
  • Hmm, didn't open the compact as wide as I thought for this photo.
  • I might gift the Volition samples + that makeup bag to someone.
  • Highlighter photo: left swatch is diffused, right swatch is intentionally heavy.
  • Why it's as if I realized greens are lacking in my polish collection. :D Vita's warm state is a slightly yellow green that doesn't show well in this photo.
  • pm haul.jpg
  • Tilted the swatches to show some of the color shifts.
testing