Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Swoon worthy September 2022 Hauls

fireworks-explosion.gif

7d59bc053fd0dfd22f86836c795e2942.gif

September-is-my-birthday-month-Yes-the-whole-month-Queen.gif

Pumpkin spice, sweater weather, picking out pumpkins and/ or apples & breaking out the boots!

September is the start of fall,

So please share what filled your cart up with us all!

P.s. please continue to use the August haul thread until September 1st

Re: Swoon worthy September 2022 Hauls

👌👍 @SportyGirly125 . Love that you have all 3 now. They look beautiful. 

@blackkitty2014 Thank you. 

That's good, @SportyGirly125! They look fabulous!

@curlychiquita Thank you. 

Gorgeous @SportyGirly125 ! 

@Loretta55 Thank you!

@SportyGirly125  Hooray for having the whole set now! I gotta say, the pans in the original Tiger palette really do match their namesake, now that I see that palette compared to the other 2 in your photo. 

@WinglessOne I agree.  I wasn't feeling the elephant one but I know others on here really liked that case.

Wow so pretty @SportyGirly125 ! They always have great looking holiday palettes !!

@Kim888 Yes I agree.

Orders from Ulta, KBShimmer, Whats Up Beauty, and Sephora: 

That replacement paddle nail polish brush + cap is just one of many I ordered.That replacement paddle nail polish brush + cap is just one of many I ordered.
Details & swatches: 
Spoiler
Exuviance Targeted Lip Filler - I’m glad this was one of Ulta’s 21 Days half-off offers, otherwise I might never have tried it. (I don’t buy Exuviance—not even with points—unless it’s on sale or deeply discounted somewhere.) I’ve been looking for a beneficial lip serum replacement for the discontinued Glossier Bubblewrap. I wasn’t interested in Exuviance's lip plumping claims, but this stuff has indeed plumped my lips a bit in the 4-5 days I’ve used it. Warning: it tastes very bitter. After applying it to damp lips, I immediately apply Aquaphor Ointment (my lip moisturizer of choice) over it so I can no longer taste it. Oh, and this lip filler’s not a balm, nor is it marketed as one. It hydrates but, as with any hydrating product for lips or face, if I don’t apply a moisturizer over it to quickly seal in that hydration, my skin will dry out. Once I’ve used up this tube, I might finally try the Paula’s Choice peptide lip booster for comparison: not only is is a bit less expensive, it contains more antioxidant ingredients than Exuviance’s. 

Avene Physiolift Eyes - I keep saying I wish Ulta carried Avene’s RetrinAL line so I could buy my 0.1 Intensive Cream with points. Turns out they do carry one retinaldehyde product: this eye serum/cream, which has the exact same INCI list as Avene RetrinAL Eyes. I don’t know if those 2 products are formulated differently or how much retinal’s in either of them (I'm sure it's less than 0.1%). Avene’s US site carries both, which is odd. Anyway, I’ve been easing my undereyes into retinal (I never use the 0.1% retinal there) for a week. I apply this over The Ordinary Argireline at night. (In the morning, I still use argireline + Facetheory Occuwake cream.) Physiolift hasn’t caused any issues. Not that I expected problems, since I previously used The Inkey List Retinol serum under my eyes (still use it on my neck a few times a week) and my skin apparently loves retinaldehyde. 

Too Faced Hangover Pillow Balm - a couple of friends kept insisting I try this. I kept resisting because all varieties of this balm are fragranced, and I don’t necessarily want to smell it right under my nose all day. But I also saw petrolatum on the INCI list and nothing terrible, at least not in this “original” variety. So I bought a tube from Ulta while it was half off. Haven’t tested it yet; will do that later today, if I remember to reach for it instead of Aquaphor. 😄 

Danessa Myricks Lightwork IV Transcendence Palette - though I figured it wouldn’t quickly sell out (I assume many folks expect Danessa to release a less expensive mini version, like she did with Lightwork III), I couldn’t resist. I didn’t exactly follow instructions for the 2 liquid-activated shades, so I’ll play with them again later. The pressed chrome flakes are messy but fun when used with a finger. The velvet chrome shadows are ridiculously buttery smooth, and I’ll let my swatch photos speak for themselves in terms of bold pigmentation. 

The aqua chrome shades will take some playing around to figure out.The aqua chrome shades will take some playing around to figure out.
KBShimmer: 

• Nail polish shades Everyday I’m Shovelin’, Hidden Potential, and My Fla-vor-ite Color. Hidden Potential is a multichrome that shifts to blue, green, gold, and teal at various angles. 
  • Clearly On Top Quick Dry Top Coat (not pictured) - purchase enabled by @CookieGirl1 . 
  • Replacement brushes - I ordered lots to replace the annoying brushes in all my China Glaze, OPI, Cirque Colors, and old Essie polishes. 
  • S magnet - a bar magnet that can push and pull metal bits in polishes for various patterns, including a large softened S shape. Flipping one end on its side creates an X pattern in magnetic polishes. 

Emily de Molly: nail polish shade Meet Me In the Dark. My swatch photo doesn’t do it justice: it’s a dark burgundy brown jelly base full of iridescent blue, pink, orange, and green flakes. Reminds me of Mardi Gras. 

Whats Up Nails: Eyegazer magnetic holo topper. I had a lot to say about this one in the Show Me Your Nails 2.0 thread

Cirque Colors: nail polish shade Groove Thing.  

Closeup of my swatch sticks. Eyegazer swatch is over a basic black nail polish; the rainbow was created with a ring magnet.Closeup of my swatch sticks. Eyegazer swatch is over a basic black nail polish; the rainbow was created with a ring magnet.

The shades are just spectacular!! @WinglessOne 

Thank you @lmaster !

Seriously awesome haul @WinglessOne ! The KBShimmer polishes are gorgeous, and I have no words for the DM palette.

Thanks @makeitup305 ! Danessa Myricks has been filling my Pat McGrath "enough with the pinks/roses already" gap with eyeshadows. 😄 

@WinglessOne I'm drooling over your Lightworks palette!  It's so pretty and you definitely need to show off some killer eye looks soon.  Those are also super-pretty polishes but the purple lover in me would easily gravitate toward Flav-or-ite Color.  And you'll have to let me know what you think of Clearly on Top; I hope that you have a good experience with it, too, but of course we're all different 🙂

Thank you @CookieGirl1 ! I've got the KBS top coat sitting out for my next mani, so hopefully I'll use it instead of Glisten & Glow. My next mani will probably contain all those new polishes except Eyegazer. 🙂 

@WinglessOne  Absolutely beautiful haul!

Thanks @Ispend2much6 !

@WinglessOne  oooo great haul!!! Those polishes are beautiful 😍 

Thanks @ather ! 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos207
  • fireworks-explosion.gif
  • 7d59bc053fd0dfd22f86836c795e2942.gif
  • September-is-my-birthday-month-Yes-the-whole-month-Queen.gif
  • B7DAFEEA-B985-4AA5-BE22-9E9C86EAF0F2.jpeg
  • A87AEB83-F4A3-4715-882C-ECB23C6DE6CB.jpeg
  • 61601E17-5B34-48F4-83F7-5D5B5E80EA5B.jpeg
  • 20220902_075639_mh1662120327808.jpg
  • 57DC3B97-2E8E-4957-A5BD-AB1A40387FF9.jpeg
  • A70FB9C1-2E5F-4EDF-95F7-06BECB1BB28D.jpeg
  • Hmm, didn't open the compact as wide as I thought for this photo.
  • I might gift the Volition samples + that makeup bag to someone.
  • Highlighter photo: left swatch is diffused, right swatch is intentionally heavy.
  • Why it's as if I realized greens are lacking in my polish collection. :D Vita's warm state is a slightly yellow green that doesn't show well in this photo.
  • pm haul.jpg
  • Tilted the swatches to show some of the color shifts.
testing