Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Haul Stars

Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

I LOVE the FabFitFun box! I've had it for almost a year, so have received... 4 boxes (I got the welcome box and then the fall box around the same time when I first registered). It is honestly one of the best boxes I've seen. Everything is great quality, they've recently added the ability for both seasonal AND yearly subs to make a small choice for one item (the yearly subs get to pick two other of their item variations on top of that). 
Anything I haven't loved for myself from the box has been great quality for gifting. I am in Canada, so sometimes the shipping can be insanely slow, but it seems like they are finally sorting that out.

All in all, I'd recommend it. Like any other subscription box, there are hits and misses, but I strongly feel that the hits have far outweighed the misses for me. AND you can do "add-ons" in the month leading up to the box, which gets you pretty great stuff at a major discount, the best for me being the full-sized BumBum cream for $20. 

Highlighted

Thanks @NotCrocker! I just subscribed. Can't wait for my first box!

@vegchililover78I hope you love it as much as I do! 

Yes this was my first box! I like it a lot! I believe that you'll probably get the same box as me! And the add-ons are amazing. I'm getting the sol de janiero acai power lotion for a great priceSmiley Happy

@vegchililover78 That is the editors box which you will get if you sub now. There are lots of boxes on this thread and also on my subscription addition. I did it for a couple boxes and although I did like what I received I didn't need what I was receiving and decided not to proceed. I will be watching MSA  for spoilers and be deciding if I get the boxes rather than continuing my subscription.

That looks like the editor box. The seasonal box will probably be different. 

I've been subbed to fabfitfun for years and it's still one of my favorites.

I was happy with my April boxes overall, but disappointed that all three had black eyeliner (which I am not fond of).  Two of the three were supposed to be colored.

Sample Society

Birchbox

Ipsy

I was getting those three boxes, plus a Glossybox.  This was my first month w/o Sample Society.  I only had it for a few months, and I disliked every box -- the last straw was them including two Alterna products that were basically the same thing (volumizing goop).

I miss having a forth box though, and I'm trying to decide between Boxycharm and Wantable.  If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear from you.  

I have never heard of Boxycharm, but I have been debating back and forth on whether or not I should join Wantable.  Right now, I pay $36.22 for my three boxes.  Wantable cost $36 all by itself, so I do not know if I am ready to double my monthly spend.  Especially since I cannot put myself on a no buy with my regular makeup wants.  Just last night, I was telling my husband I wanted a Wantable.  We never finished the conversation.  If I get it, I will let you know.

I would love to hear about your Glossybox though.  As it has a smaller buy in than the Wantable box, that is my second choice for a new box after Wantable.

I had Wantable for maybe six months last year and the first box was great but went downhill hard afterwards. They claim the retail values for the products inside are ridiculously high, but often if you were to like the product and want to buy more you find it was discontinued long before you received it in your box. It's also a very small number of brands they seem to work with, you see three or four brands giving something in every single box and then one or two will be a brand you haven't seen. I wouldn't recommend them even if they cost half as much, personally. 

Oh yeah, and I love Glossybox. You get more of a mix of skincare and makeup but it's definitely brands that are well known-- Beautyblender, Ciate, Sisley and full sized items or at least generous samples rather than foils like Birchbox.

Thanks, Rikkie.  You've made up my mind.  I will add Glossybox instead of Wantable.  I like that it is cheaper too.

I think you'll enjoy Glossybox, I think it's the best value of the different boxes I've tried so far!

@Rikki.  

Thanks that's helpful.  I think I'll go with Boxycharm.

I hope you'll post about what you get, I've never heard of them but now I'm curious!

@notcreative

I really like my Glossybox, it is my favorite.  BIrchbox is my least favorite (though I still like it), but combined with Ipsy they make a really good combo.  Glossybox is more high end, and it's a great time to try it if you're interested.  -- This month (they come at the end of the month), they're doing a collaboration with Bergdorf Goodman, one of the items is a $25 gift card to BG, so right there the box is paid for.  They also do periodic special boxes that sell for $40. Of all my subscription boxes, I find that I actually use more products out of it than any of the others.

My Birchbox came in today.  Just okay this month.  I am looking forward to trying the Fleurs de Temps shampoo & conditioner since I like the scent.  

The Pixi lip balm is ok.  It's somewhat sheer, but you have to really exfoliate your lips to keep the color from settling in chapped areas.  It has a light sugary, vanilla scent to it too.

I used mine today and while I liked the way my hair smelled, I did not like the way it felt afterward.  It did make my hair really full though.  Here is a picture of it (air dried).

Nice, it does make your hair look fuller.  I think I know what your talking about, did it make your hair feel a bit sticky and not as soft or smooth?  I have pin straight, smooth black hair so I am interested in seeing what this shampoo will do.  I'll let you know.

You described it so perfectly.  It is like you felt my hair.  Are you sure you have not tried it yet?

I have tried several volumizing shampoos from both ipsy and birchbox so I think I know what expect by now. Smiley Happy  But it doesn't stop me from trying this one too.

Have you tried it yet?

Finally tried it.  It's awesome!  It did give my hair volume, but not so much the sticky feeling as you described and that I have experienced with other volumizing shampoos.  And the scent is perfect!  My husband was intoxicated by the scent, he's usually so picky about scents I wear in any form.  I was ready to purchase the set but the shampoo is already OOS on birchbox.  Bummer.  Smiley Sad

I like the Pixi lip balm. It's about the only thing I really enjoyed from my Birchbox this month. 

I tried it again today after exfoliating my lips and it turns out I really like it.  Glad I gave it a second chance.

Here's my Love With Food box!! I haven't tried anything yet, but I think it looks even better than last month! WOO! Smiley Happy

1 Reply