Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Haul Stars

Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

Birchbox sample choice emails were sent.

Also, I wish I'd noticed this first, but the August Box, Endless Summer, is for sale right now for $10 for subscribers, $15 for non-subscribers.

If I'd known that, I would have bought the box and selected the Oribe spray for my sample choice.

That spray sells for $22!

If you'd like to peek and see what you're getting in your Birchbox, use this link and log in: https://www.birchbox.com/shop/customer/account/login/referer/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmlyY2hib3guY29tL21lL2J...

My August Julep arrived so early, which is funny given how late my July one arrived.

Julep August 2016 .jpg

px_33R1_R362.jpg   

avene.jpg

I received my Birchbox today (it might be the extra curated box I purchased with other items which is also my monthly box this time.)

I got a great Mystery Pack: Prescriptives Super Line Preventor and Avene Hydrance Serum.

I bought a bottle of the HUM omega supplements.  They don't smell too fishy, but they are huge (long.)

I'll have to report back about the "taste."

Edit:  No fishy aftertaste at all!

Hi there! 

Im looking to trade etc for the August 2016 Ipsy makeup bag. If you don't want it, I would love to give it a home. 

Please PM me Smiley Happy 

thanks! 

Darn Birchbox. I've been fascinated with milk makeup since I saw their cheesy promo videos. I have to stay subscribed to get either a cheek/lip or highlighter. Also September is customer appreciation month. I did not get anything last year. If they skip me again this year, I decided I will definitely cancel. 

I think this is my last month of Choix, six months went by fast!

image.jpeg

My September Birchbox came in today:

IMG_5719.JPG

Spoiler
1.  Avene Thermal Spring Water:  Already have 3 of these plus like 5 other mist sprays from other subs.  I used them during the summer at the pool/beach, but don't use them on a daily basis now.  I just piled them all up and handed them to my daughter to use during volleyball practice.
2.  Klorane Eye Makeup Remover:  Never tried this - will give it a go
3.  Milk Highlighter:  Was curious about this one - Swiped it on quickly, but it doesn't really show up - Guess I'll have to try it during the day tomorrow to see how it looks
4.  Organic Pharmacy Double Rose Rejuvenating Face Cream:  Somehow I have like 5 of these (?) Packing 3 up for my BFF and adding 1 to my daily use stash so I can try it
5.  Beauty Protector Blonde Toning Shampoo:  I love Beauty Protector Spray, so I am really excited to try this

I am kind of meh overall about this month's box - Hopefully October is better....

I signed up for the Sisley subscription box last month and was bummed because I hadn't seen August's box so I assumed I'd subscribed too late in the month, but I got it in early September.  Not sure if that is common but wanted to throw that out there for anyone who might subscribe later in the month and wasn't sure which box would be their first month's box.

My Ipsy and Popsugar September both arrived:\!

Ipsy:

FullSizeRender(9).jpg

Spoiler
1.  Too Faced Lip Injection - Hate this stuff - burns my lips - My daughter gladly took it off my hands Smiley Happy
2.  Dr. G BB Cream
3.  Dirty Little Secrets Eyeshadow in Teaser - I actually really like this!
4.  Rodial Dragon's Blood Hyaluronic Tonic - Nice!
5.  Living Proof Perfect Hair Day - Already have like 10 of these samples - Passing on to my bestie

This was a decent bag - better than my Birchbox this month!  Smiley Happy

Popsugar Must Have September:

IMG_5754(1).JPG

Spoiler
1.  Jack & Lucy Wide Brim Hat:  Hate it - not a hat person at all!  My daughter was glad to take this off my hands, too!
2.  Gluten Free Bites:  These were actually pretty good!
3.  Flint - Retractable Lint Roller:  I like this - it will fit in my purse and not pick up all the junk floating around at the bottom of my bag  Smiley Happy
4. NCLA Mani ER Tool Kit:  Cute - I have several nail kits, so this may be a cute gift
5.  Smith & Cult Lip Lacquer in The Warning:  Love!
6.  Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair:  Love, Love, Love!

This was an o.k. box - I am glad they added a big ticket item again, even it is a hat I won't wear

Birchbox sent me an entire box to replace the gloss. It was different from my original box, but I really love this one, too, other than the fact that it only has 4 deluxe samples. I will never consider the Bioderma deluxe, but I never complained to Birchbox about the foil. Seeing they sent me an entire box to replace 1 sample, I received an intact total of 7 deluxe samples and 4 foils. That's not too shabby at all.

Birchbox September 2 2016 2.jpg

image.jpegMy choix box. And they threw in a Ellis faas foundation sample

Is anyone going to go for the Popsugar Must Have Mystery box that's on sale now?  I received an email about it, but there's also a link on My Subscription Addiction's site.  $25.  It may include some items from the new Must Have Mini boxes, which I think had great items!

Have heard a lot of great things about the Look Fantastic box...if anyone has it, is there a referral link?

image.jpeg

This months Choix box! Looks like they might be switching to these little black clamshell containers instead of the jars? These new ones are a tiny bit hard to open. The cream Eyeshadows still came in a metal pan, but a smaller one so that it could fit in the container. I'm really happy with the sample size of the perfume! I'll take a picture of the vial inside but it is so much more volume than i.e. the sample vial they threw in with my box. 

My October Popsugar Must Have and Sephora Play boxes arrived today.

PSMH:

IMG_6204.JPG

Spoiler
1.  Power Your Happy by Lisa Sugar
2.  Henri Bendel Packable Umbrella - it is actually brown/white, even though it resembles something from Sephora - lol
3.  Lalicious Brown Sugar Vanilla Shower Oil and Bubble Bath
4.  My Cup of Cocoah Dark Drinking Chocolate
5.  Morning Culture Rise & Shine Diner Mug
6.  Makeup Eraser Mini - I have been so curious about these - excited to try it tomorrow after I wash it!
7.  Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen - This eyeliner has a round tip and I can't get as precise of a line as I'd like....

Sephora Play:

FullSizeRender(11).jpg

Spoiler
1.  Skin Inc. Pure Revival Peel
2.  Nudestix Intense Matte Lip + Cheek Pencil in Belle - I really like these
3.  Too Cool for School Egg Mellow Cream  - Love this stuff!!!!  Smells awesome!
4.  Smashbox Always On Matte Liquid Lipstick in Driver's Seat - This color is really pretty!
5.  Verb Leave-In Mist - I've tried this as a Sephora sample before, but it was in a foil, so I am anxious to try it as an actual spray!
6.  Tom Ford Orchid Soleil - Not really a fan

Overall, I've tried 3 of these products and I have full sizes of the Nudestix and Smashbox in different colors, but I am still pretty happy with this box!

@samls324, my daughter received her first Pusheen box today, too!  As soon as I got home from work and saw the box, I wanted to open it so bad, but I waited until she got home from volleyball. It was hard since the box itself was so cute (It has feet!  And a tail!!!)

We were so excited to see how many products were included in the box - We cancelled iBbeautiful for this and I think it is actually a better value when you break the cost out over 3 months - especially since she'll use all the products.  Yay!!!!!

pusheen.JPG

MSA posted the Nov Ipsy bag - I like the star shaped zipper clasp Heart  

00000.JPG

Today Birchbox just deposited 50 points ($5- for 48 hours only) into the Ace accounts, whether you are an active subscriber or not.

Also, the code "mysterybox" also works for Aces; get a free box with ANY purchase.

I just had a fun afternoon!

Ipsy reveals are up -

calm down.JPG

Happy to put everything to use, except the masks

Two boxes of happiness and joy today! 

Yuzen

Screen Shot 2016-11-12 at 9.33.29 PM.png

Garden Goddess eye cream, Juara hand cream, Lather foot cream (I'm sensing a theme here), SPIRITUAL bath salts (not that kind), Tatcha rice powder, Chocolove chocolate, Cocomels caramel (full disclosure - there were two at one time).

3b

Screen Shot 2016-11-12 at 9.33.50 PM.png

Etude House Honey Cera toner & emulsion, Manyo Factory cleansing foam, Hada Labo hydrator, Ladykin snail cream (in a ridiculously adorable snail container)

Smiley Very Happy