Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Haul Stars

Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

I've had Sample Society for two months now and love it. You can always try it since you can cancel at anytime...

My April Blush Beauty Box arrived today:

Oscar Blandi Volumizing Dry Shampoo (full-sized)

Jonathan Volume Shampoo (full-sized)

Cult Cosmetics Nail Polish in Boneyards ( .5 oz)

La Bella Donna Duo Lip Crayon (full-sized)

Darphin Stimulskin Plus (5 ml)

Additonal samples of Dermstore Lip Quench, Phillip B Styling Gel, and Whish Hair Inhibiting Swipe

blushboxapril.jpg

Wow, pretty impressed, how much is this one?

Ipsy arrived today and even though it is my least favorite so far, I cannot say it was bad.Ipsy May 2014.jpg

Well the bag is cute this month.  I actually cancelled my Ipsy after about 4 or 5 months (last year) since I felt I was getting similar items every month.  I feel like I have about 4 of those Nailtinis in different colors just from Ipsy, hah.  Now it's back to Birchbox.

Ok it might sound ignorant but what are the subscription boxes and how they work

Google my subscription addiction.  She will answer all of your questions.

Phew, so glad I got my Glossybox, it's been so hard to avoid all the spoilers everywhere.  Which for me, SPOIL it.  Mine has three different products from the one above.  I'm very pleased with this month's box, and it's exactly the reason I really like Glossybox (samples, but high-end -- never mind that Aqua Spa from last month, that was a fluke).  The Lancome is a super cute, but a wee jar.  A 1.7 oz. jar is $360, so this is probably as close as I'll ever get to trying it.

Spoiler
May 2014 Glossybox I got the same Lancer Eye Lifting Cream, Napoleon Perdis primer, and Atelier Rose Anonyme, but, I also got Philp B Light-weight Deep Conditioning Creme Rinse, Revive Eye Renewal Serum, and Lancome Absolue L'Extrait (moisturizer).  

Do you mind telling me how big the Absolue L'Extrait is?  I have a few of them, and I like it.  I just hope it is not another .17oz jar (although even that size is worth $36) in case I am getting one.  Thanks.

Sample Society put up what will be in my June box.  Someone really wants me to try Purlisse moisturizer, because I got one in my Ipsy bag as well.

Screen Shot 2014-06-07 at 1.45.40 PM.png

I am not sure how I feel about four moisturizers and two perfumes either.  My moisturizer stockpile is already insane and I usually do not care for perfume.

Question......this is my 2nd Glossy Box and I'm not familiar with all the brands. I guess I'm just used to shopping at Sephora and some department stores.

Brands like Sumita Beauty, Ayres, Camille Beckman, Lancer, Philip B, Napolean, Skin Inc, Malin & Goetz to name a few.....Where do you shop for these brands?

I'm sure you could Google any of them to see where they show up.

Sample Society arrived.  My hair product exploded, but everything was in the box!  Finally, a month I do not have to call customer service.

Sample Society July 2014.jpg

My hair mask also leaked. Luckily nothing was ruined Smiley Happy

Fellow BTs I have a question for all of you that have the monthly boxes. Is there a way to control what kind of products you get. For example stuff that is sulphate free or paraben free or pthalate free? I want to try one of these services but I'm afraid I'd get stuff that I just wouldn't use or try.

I subscribe to Ipsy, Birchbox, Glossybox, and Julep, and as far as I know ingredient specifications can't be made. Julep ships only their products, so you could check ingredients before you make your box selections. I recommend checking out previous boxes on the various servers' sites as it will give you an idea of the brands and types of products they send out. 

Got my Ipsy bag today.  This is the first time I've really liked the bag, it's pewter faux leather with pyramid studs -- perfect for fall.  I got the body lotion version of the Mitchell and Peach in July's Glossybox (this is hand cream). The lip gloss is gorgeous.  The brush is double-ended, which isn't my favorite design.  All in all, I like the package.  I like Birchbox and Ipsy when I think of them as completing each other.  I don't think I'd continue to get one without getting the other.

ipsy

Ahh, this was my exact bag!

How are you liking the face wash? Its really gentle but effective

My October Glam Room from Ipsy. ALthough I just bought a ton of nail polishes, Im really liking this Opi color in Feeling Very Cherry for the fall/winter.

REVIEW ME!
Épicé International
Purifying Exfoliant
REVIEW ME!
Figs & Rouge
Hand Cream - Mango Mandarin
REVIEW ME!
ModelCo
VOLUMEYES Extreme Black Mascara
REVIEW ME!
Nicole by OPI
Nail Lacquer
REVIEW ME!
Starlooks
Lip Gloss

My daughter's love the ModelCo mascaras, and the lipgloss looks like a very wearable shade that will work with most skin tones. The mango and mandarin hand cream will be gorgeous to use, and at least the OPI is in a fabulous fall color! Smiley Happy