Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Haul Stars

Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

I have 5 subscriptions right now, so I will probably not stay with Julep for long.  I rarely paint my nails, but I love nail polish.  Go figure.  Hopefully, I start again soon.

My Birchbox arrived a few days ago:

I'm pretty happy with it. The lip pencil is such a pretty color, and right now I'm kind of obsessed with purples. And even though I'm a bit tired of the hair product samples, I kind of love that I got a 3-in-1 product (shampoo, conditioner, and some kind of conditioning milk thingy...) because I can do individual reviews...= 70 points for this month's reviews!! Smiley Very Happy

Also, after seeing Noncreative's Julep box below, I caved and subscribed, lol (used a promo and got it for free and just paid shipping). It came in pretty quickly:

Pretty colors, and I'm excited to try the blush. I'm not sure what those rough spongy things are for, lol. Pretty happy with this box, BUT after reading the fine print on Julep, I was surprised to find out that I can skip a box only after 6 months of membership. Based on what I had heard/read here and there I was under the impression that you could skip whenever, which is why I joined. I didn't realize that the 1x-every-6-months thing was a new policy for newer members, so I'm kind of disappointed with that. $20/month is a lot for a predominantly nail polish subscription (at least for me) and I was hoping to do it only every other month or something. I'll wait til the next box revealing comes up, see if any of the boxes appeal to me, otherwise I need to call and cancel. :-( Sorry, /Julep rant, lol.

Just leaves Glossybox and Ipsy for June, but I'm going out of town so I'm going to miss their arrival! Oh, the anguish at being many miles away from one's unopened subscription boxes!!

I got that lipstick in my Birchbox last month, and I love it.

Yay to getting a Julep box.  I think those orange things are buffers, but I have not used mine yet.  I really want to try a blush from them.  Please let me know what you think of the blush.

I agree the rules for new members stink.  I am probably going to get one more box (since I paid for three) and cancel.  I may join again down the road, but I agree with you on acquiring the nail polish.

The orange sponge blocks are indeed nail buffers. I had to research that. When I got my first box I was wondering what the heck they were.

I cancelled after two months when I found out about the no skipping. I don't use that much nail polish. 

June - Beauty Box 5

(I received this box for free, I won't be subscribing)

June - TopBox (Canadian)

June - Ipsy 

I hate Beauty Box 5! I subscribed for a while; every month I hoped it would get better. But every month I was disappointed. I did get a couple things here and there that I wound up liking (I actually liked the Vitabath, although I received a different scent.) I never understand it when I see people saying they love them. O.o

My Ipsy was the same as yours except I got the BB Cusion... thing... instead of the mascara. I wasn't sure what to make of it, but I think I like it Smiley Happy And I was surprised to find that I like the NYX color quite a bit. Smiley Happy

I find you get what you pay for with Beauty Box 5 and it's nothing special.

I really liked Ipsy this month Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Julep arrived during normal human hours, but I just remembered to post it.

That body milk smells so ridiculously good! I wish it came as a perfume. 

It will probably be a long time before I open it, but I noticed it feels thin through the container.  How does it moisturize?  I need a strong one, because my skin is dry.

Slightly annoyed with my ipsy bag, because I'm honestly not going to use most of this. Not going to use the tanning oil, or the hair stuff. I'll use the eyeshadow and I have the lip product on now, but seriously do I have to get something from POP in every dang bag, I mean REALLY?

*pouts* considering unsubscribing...I just haven't been as happy with ipsy as I thought I'd be.

I got the exact same box...how do you like the lippie? Does the color look okay with your skintone?

It's kind of sheer, but also a little lighter than something I'd normally use. I wish I hadn't used it though, but since I did I'll just use it when I'm around the house.

My July Birchbox - REALLY happy with this month! (Except the Whish shave cream was not too awesome. I shredded my legs using it!)

My July Ipsy - Pretty happy. The Bare Min cream shadow was waaaay better than I expected. So was the Elizabeth Mott Benetint lip stain. But I have zero use for tanning oil and I'm one of those few who hates They're Real mascara. (Also, the bag is SUPER cheap looking.)

And my July Sample Society - Everyone got the same thing this month, so no surprises. Except my hair mask didn't explode or leak. Even though I recognoze that this is a quality box, I don't expect to get a lot of use out of it. I'm not into nails or fragrances and I prefer liquid highlighters to powders. Oddly, I'm happy with the L'Oreal lippie and the hair mask.

Nice boxes! I actually got a very good shave with the Whish but my issue with it is the inconsistent smell. Sometimes it smells wonderful (when more of the acai comes through) and then other times the grapefruit just kills it. Kind of gives off a sour smell (mine did at least).

You got a fantastic Sample Society Box!  I've been hearing about how amazing the Maison Francis Kurkdjian scents are, but unfortunately I don't live near any retailers that carry them.  

I would love to hear how you get on with that L'Oreal liquid lipstick.  I have one in Rouge Allegro, and while I adore the color (it's a beautiful strawberry red), it has a tendency to wander out of my lip lines.  I'm sure it's nothing that a lip liner can't solve, but I was hoping that it would be a low-maintenance, apply-and-go, type of product.  

Subscription mom posted a couple spoilers for Ipsy and Glossybox in August - Just one product from each. If they are true it looks pretty good!

Are you going to redeem your free box for this one?  That highlighter does look pretty, and I bet they will have another big box to celebrate their anniversary.  I am still so mad that they canceled my subscription though.

I am leaning to yes - the highlighter looks nice...Plus August is my birthday, so more makeup things are always good Smiley Wink

Here's my Birchbox.

Oh wait.  There's no picture, because I still have no box.  They told me they will check inventory to see if I can get a replacement but it will not be the amazing one I was expecting.  AKA a leftover box.  Boo hoo.  I upgraded to an annual subscription because of how awesome the box looked, and I am not even getting it now.  

Rant over.

Dangit!! What were you supposed to get? Smiley Sad

Same as your amazing box.

My August Glossybox....

This is the box I got with a bright pink nail polish - in fact they sent me two - not sure why? I canceled an order and they refunded the money, but apparently they didn't stop the shipment on the box? Who knows - but this is the 2nd time their CS has made a mistake, luckily this one was in my favor!

Oooh lucky! The Kryolan was awesome! 

2 Replies