Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Haul Stars

Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

Google my subscription addiction.  She will answer all of your questions.

Ipsy arrived today and even though it is my least favorite so far, I cannot say it was bad.Ipsy May 2014.jpg

Well the bag is cute this month.  I actually cancelled my Ipsy after about 4 or 5 months (last year) since I felt I was getting similar items every month.  I feel like I have about 4 of those Nailtinis in different colors just from Ipsy, hah.  Now it's back to Birchbox.

My April Blush Beauty Box arrived today:

Oscar Blandi Volumizing Dry Shampoo (full-sized)

Jonathan Volume Shampoo (full-sized)

Cult Cosmetics Nail Polish in Boneyards ( .5 oz)

La Bella Donna Duo Lip Crayon (full-sized)

Darphin Stimulskin Plus (5 ml)

Additonal samples of Dermstore Lip Quench, Phillip B Styling Gel, and Whish Hair Inhibiting Swipe

blushboxapril.jpg

Wow, pretty impressed, how much is this one?

All these pictures are making me want to get a Sample Society box!

Right now, I'm subscribed to Glossybox and Wantables, but I've only gotten the February Wantables box. I used to have Birchbox, but as much as I love their rewards program, I was so tired of getting tea and halitosis-curing crystals in my box in place of something useful.

So far, I'm loving Glossybox. Here's what I got in my March box:

- Alex and Ani Swan Charm Bangle

- Alex and Ani Scent 7 Soap Bar

- Sisley Paris Black Rose Cream Mask

- Nails Inc Nail Polish in Brook Street

- être belle Liplift Peel

- Bamboo Volume Plumping Strand Expand

I love that their box lets me try out different high end brands I would be too skeptical about purchasing on my own.

I've had Sample Society for two months now and love it. You can always try it since you can cancel at anytime...

Coola Tinted Matte SPF 30 for Face (going in a sub box, has cucumber, allergic, eek!)

English Laundry No. 7 For Her- smell description sounds right up my alley

Gilchrist and Soames Body Lotion- smells great!

Ojon Damage Reverse Restorative Hair Treament/Plus- also going in sub box

DDF Ultra-Lite Oil-Free Moisturizing Dew- most excited about this item! Its a huge 1 oz size and I absolutely love DDF! Worth $24.70 by itself Smiley Happy

Ghiradelli Cherry Tango Square

Very pleased with this box Smiley Happy

I remember when Sephora still carried DDF & I always wanted to try the Oil-Free Dew, but never got around to it. They are now owned by P&G, which I try to avoid, so every time I'm at Ulta I have an internal struggle of testing/walking away. Walking away always wins Smiley Tongue

Is anyone signed up for the Blush Mystery Box? It's $25, but the reviews from My Subscription Addiction seems like it's worth it.

I would also love to hear what people think of that one. I've been eying it for awhile. 

Here's my Birchbox.   I'm excited about the Whish Body Butter, but I'm quit bummed I didn't get the nail polish or the headbands. Ugh!

I got:

Serge Normant Meta Revive Dry Conditioner

Whish Three Wishes Body Butter
100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Mascara
Paula's Choice RESIST BHA 9 for Stubborn Imperfections
Ahmad Teas Assorted Teas

image.jpg

I got the tea too. Third month in a row I received a tea/food item. I mean, come on Birchbox, seriously?!

upload_8587390001844443689.jpg

This is what I got for my January Birchbox. I am not sure about that "dry" deodorant wipes. I just chuck them in a box somewhere. I was so excited to try the Nail Rock, until I made a huge mess. I guess I should stick to plain jane nails Smiley Tongue   The InIKA eyeshadow was in Marine but it reminded me of Benefit's limited edition Christmas colors...[I am talking about like 5 years ago colors]..

OMG, deodorant wipes again! I got Whish wipes a few months ago. I put them in my handbag in case I might need them at some point. They're still there. 

I'm really glad I didn't get the Nail Rock. I'm not a big nail person anyway and it looked like it could be super messy.

The Fekkai is useful but so common (I've received sooo many Fekkai samples!), they're kind of boring.

Bummer of a box! I'm sorry. Smiley Sad

"I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair."

Right??? OMG, it's called EDITING, people!! Gah! ... Sorry for the excitement there, but seriously, some of those videos are just paaainfull to watch. You just zeroed in on a big pet peeve of mine. Smiley Happy

As for your idea - I dig it. A lot. I'll have to go take some pics of my Birchbox and Beauty Box 5 items. Smiley Happy

Hahahaha... I busted out laughing when I read that line as well!!

Another pet peeve of mine is when they spend FOREVER on a product, reading the description from the website or straight from the box. Yes, we can read... just let us what you got and if you like it ok?

I have Sample Society, Love With Food, and Stitch Fix coming this month.  I'll post them for you to check out!

let me know how you like the Love with Food box. I am very interested as to if this one was worth it. I miss sample society but they were getting too many brand repeats for me. Maybe a next month I can do it again.

You crack me up about the 5 minutes on apologizing for their hair!! What ticks me off more is that their hair looks red-carpet ready and they're saying how terrible it looks. First world problems...

First world problems indeed ...