Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Hi All! 

We are long overdue for an updated Subscription Sharing thread!  Whether it's BoxyCharm, Ipsy, or PopSugar we want to hear (and see) all about what you are subscribed to.

giphy

Interested in trading with other users?  Here are some things you need to know from @SydBristow and her trade threads:

Spoiler

IMPORTANT NOTE: To comply with Sephora's terms of use, items cannot be listed "for sale" or even for trade for Sephora or other gift cards. Please do not list "prices" either (which implies selling), but you can list approximate trade value.

Because a number of fake items have been sent in trades, it is strongly advised you provide photos of your higher-end items, including the labeling (you may be asked for it anyway) and list WHERE you purchased the item from. Fakes are readily available from less reputable sellers and can contain toxins! It is important to everyone to know where their cosmetics come from.

Please also be aware that some makeup products cannot be sanitized - please use caution in your trades. When in doubt, ask the community, it's a great resource! Used items you may wish to avoid are mascara, liquid eyeliner, lip glosses, and cream products.

Acquiring Items
Please use discretion with whom you enter into trades with. There is a summarized list of trusted traders here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/List-of-Successful-Traders-January-2015/td-p/1852954 Protect yourself in your trades, ask questions (such as where an item was purchased), ask for additional photos (to show level of usage and/or labeling to prove authenticity).
If you don’t feel 100% comfortable doing a trade because someone is new, you can request they send their items first.

Communication
Please use the private message system on Beauty Talk and/or tag the user you are trying to get in touch with. Communication is key! You can tell a lot about a trade by how the communication goes. If you will be unavailable for any periods of time, please be up front, and if there are any issues with shipping please be up front about that as well.

Delivery
Having tracking and insurance on shipments goes a long way to figuring out where an item might be. The USPS puts anticipated delivery dates and tracking numbers right on the receipt. If there is any issue with an item you have sent out, please follow up with the carrier.

SUCCESSFUL TRADE EXPERIENCES?
Consider providing your feedback on successful trades on this thread here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Successful-Trades-or-TSB-Experiences/td-p/1012387

**the previous thread can be found here: Subscription box photo sharing

Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Well, they do deliver, @SportyGirly125 😉 It would be a fun destination, though 🍦!

@eshoe @My husband told me they sell it at Whole Foods. Got to check it out next time we go. 

Oh, good to know @SportyGirly125! Your husband has some good intel 👍🏼

@eshoe He loves his ice cream. I checked the store locator after he told me and it did list Whole Foods as a supplier. 

Oh that’s funny @SportyGirly125. My husband and daughter love to share some ice cream after dinner, so I thought it would be a special treat for them. I don’t eat it often, but now I am looking for the next ‘special occasion’ so I can order more, it was just so good.

@eshoe  Your photo lured me into this thread. I LOVE Jeni's ice cream and wanted to see which ones you got. 😍I've had, oh, a few pints shipped to me over the years, and there are several scoop shops here in Chicago so I kinda can't avoid this stuff. 😂Jeni's makes the best salted caramel ice cream ever, and the Gooey Buttercake is highly addictive. They also make a cherry & goat cheese ice cream that is to die for. 

I mean, not that I eat a lot of Jeni's ice cream or anything, noooo, not me... I'm glad you enjoyed all the pints! 

Oh wow, @WinglessOne - the Salted Caramel was delicious! It was so much richer than any similar ice creams I’ve had. It was so rich, I served it in tiny condiment cups so we could try a little of each. That (the serving size) lasted a day or so. We just finished the last of everything tonight. My favorite was the Brambleberry Crisp, followed closely by the Brown Butter Almond Brittle. Looks like we have a handful of grocers that carry the brand around here, but I haven’t been going out so delivery is my only option. Although, that is probably a good thing for my skin, as this won’t be happening on a regular basis (I think).

It’s fun to see another fan of her treats here! I will keep the cherry and goat cheese in mind in case I do decide this needs to happen again;) 

Omg, an ice cream box!! Amazing haul, @eshoe!! Those look yummy 😋🍦

I don’t think my skin could take more than one of these a year, @haleyvvvv! I thought they would last a lot longer than a few days😂

My Boxwalla beauty box. Boxwalla does this clean, curated box, every other month. IT’s my only sub box. I have loved pretty much everything. It’s more skincare than I can use, but everything is an amazing value and really wonderful brands and products I work in to my routines regularly. I had an item get damaged in shipping last month, and they answered immediately and sent a replacement so fast! Love this subscription, I highly recommend! 

82CA43B7-6409-4A2B-A313-F0205BFFE954.jpeg6F915135-2C24-41D8-990A-763EA1A89557.jpeg

That’s a very pretty curation, @sister13! I e never tried that box, looks like a nice selection of skin/body care.

@eshoe They really seem lovely overall and put so much thought into each box. I’ve been really happy with every box! 💕👍💕👍

What a lovely box @sister13! 😍 I’ve liked the products I’ve used from Pai and African Botanics! 💗💕

This is my first tome trying Pai, but the African Botanics has all been great, and this is the only way I could afford it, lol. I did try the Natura Detox powder foam cleanser and I loved it! @itsfi 💛💛💛

Thats such a gorgeous box, @sister13!! 🤩 Those products look amazing!!

They really do an amazing job putting every box together! 💕💕💕 @haleyvvvv 

PopSugar Must Have Box Summer 2020 
BF4ED3BD-CFD4-469B-A5ED-459E8980A3B3.jpeg

Spoiler

790414D3-3994-4A27-BDDD-A50E9E414462.jpeg

Spoiler

I had been debating whether to continue with this subscription box, but I don't have to decide anymore. The pamphlet included with the box included a note from the founder that this would be their final subscription box. This is a lovely final box. 🙂

Nice box! @itsfi 

@itsfi This is a good final box. 

What a wonderful finale, @itsfi. The Assoulin looks especially pretty!

Awwww @itsfi that's too bad!! This is a wonderful final box!! 

5,638 Replies
testing