Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Hi All! 

We are long overdue for an updated Subscription Sharing thread!  Whether it's BoxyCharm, Ipsy, or PopSugar we want to hear (and see) all about what you are subscribed to.

giphy

Interested in trading with other users?  Here are some things you need to know from @SydBristow and her trade threads:

Spoiler

IMPORTANT NOTE: To comply with Sephora's terms of use, items cannot be listed "for sale" or even for trade for Sephora or other gift cards. Please do not list "prices" either (which implies selling), but you can list approximate trade value.

Because a number of fake items have been sent in trades, it is strongly advised you provide photos of your higher-end items, including the labeling (you may be asked for it anyway) and list WHERE you purchased the item from. Fakes are readily available from less reputable sellers and can contain toxins! It is important to everyone to know where their cosmetics come from.

Please also be aware that some makeup products cannot be sanitized - please use caution in your trades. When in doubt, ask the community, it's a great resource! Used items you may wish to avoid are mascara, liquid eyeliner, lip glosses, and cream products.

Acquiring Items
Please use discretion with whom you enter into trades with. There is a summarized list of trusted traders here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/List-of-Successful-Traders-January-2015/td-p/1852954 Protect yourself in your trades, ask questions (such as where an item was purchased), ask for additional photos (to show level of usage and/or labeling to prove authenticity).
If you don’t feel 100% comfortable doing a trade because someone is new, you can request they send their items first.

Communication
Please use the private message system on Beauty Talk and/or tag the user you are trying to get in touch with. Communication is key! You can tell a lot about a trade by how the communication goes. If you will be unavailable for any periods of time, please be up front, and if there are any issues with shipping please be up front about that as well.

Delivery
Having tracking and insurance on shipments goes a long way to figuring out where an item might be. The USPS puts anticipated delivery dates and tracking numbers right on the receipt. If there is any issue with an item you have sent out, please follow up with the carrier.

SUCCESSFUL TRADE EXPERIENCES?
Consider providing your feedback on successful trades on this thread here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Successful-Trades-or-TSB-Experiences/td-p/1012387

**the previous thread can be found here: Subscription box photo sharing

Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

And here are my August Subs...

1. Sephora Play:

august sephora play.jpg

Spoiler
**This was gifted by Sephora, and I have to say I'm really impressed!  I think this is the best Play Box I've received other than the LE Luxe boxes!

1. Sunday Riley A+ High-Dose Retinoid Serum: This is amazing for fine lines and wrinkles and I am so excited to get this sample in my box!!!! Make sure to consult with a doctor before using if you are pregnant, nursing or have a health condition because it does contain retinoids.
2. Glamglow Supertoner: This is an exfoliating acid toner with charcoal and clay to exfoliate, purify and clarify.
3. Briogeo Farewell Frizz Blow Dry Perfection Heat Protectant Cream: This is soooo good for smoothing and protecting your hair!
4. NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dance Fever: I love this color! The formula is super creamy and hydrating, too!
5. Clinique Moisture Surge 72 Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator: This is one of my holy grails! It is lightweight, but ultra- hydrating!
6. Bareminerals Dee Mist Setting Spray: A spritz of this is a super refreshing way to keep my makeup game strong in the afternoon!

2. Birchbox:

august birchbox.jpg

Spoiler
Who else is excited about the throwback box designs Birchbox used for their August boxes?!
I actually got this box design in August 2017, but I’m not just excited about the box design this month, I also love all the products!!!!💜

1. Iby Beauty Poolside Eyeshadow in Splish Splash - This is a gorgeous pink eyeshadow that is perfect for summer!

2. R + Co. High Dive Moisture and Shine: I was recently gifted a full-sized tube of this by the brand and I LOVE it!!!!💜

3. Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips: This is one of my holy grails for extra chapped lips!💜.

4. Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water: I am really enjoying this as a priming mist after skincare, but before makeup. I also use a regular primer, too, but the combo has really been helping in this heat and humidity!

5. Too Cool for School Coconut Oil Serum Eye Patch: I LOVE eye patches! These are perfect to make me look more alive when I am a little bit too tired in the morning.
Overall, I am really happy with this month’s box!💜💜💜

3. Boxycharm:

august boxycharm.jpg

Spoiler
1. Becca Hydra-Mist & Refresh Powder: Wow! This is different from any powder I’ve ever used! It feels wet and cooling when applied, but feels dry if I touch my face! It also goes on flawless and smooth, even though it would seem to be cakey! Very cool!
2. Wander Glow Ahead Illuminating Oil: Love it so much! It is super hydrating and makes my skin so glowy! It reminds me of Farsali Unicorn Essence, but with a soft rose scent instead of bubblegum!
3. Tarte Big Ego Mascara: Love it! The hot pink tube is super cute and it is really lengthening! Not super volumizing, but that’s ok sometimes.
4. Ace Beaute Glimmer Shadow Duo: Omg I love these shadows so much! They are super creamy and pigmented! They remind me of Colourpop Super Shock Shadows.
5. Steve Laurant Lip Liner: I really like the color, but I’m not a fan of pencil type eyeliners that need to be sharpened because the edges get rough.
Overall, I am really happy with this box!

*DM me if you need a referral link!

4. Ipsy Glambag Plus:

august ipsy plus.jpg

Spoiler
1. Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser: This is an excellent exfoliating cleanser!

2. The Balm Cosmetics In the Balm of Your Hand Greatest Hits Vol. 2 Palette: I love the mix of colors from past palettes - Such a fun idea! I am especially loving the bottom row and the highlighter!

3. Hey Honey Take It Off Exfoliating Honey Peel Off Mask: I am not a huge fan of peel-off masks, but I love Hey Honey so I gave it a try (but may or may not have washed it off instead of peeling it off😉). It made my skin super smooth and soft - love it!

4. F.A.R.A.H. Brushes: These are so pretty and they are super soft!

5. Sundays Nail Polish in No. 44: I love that this polish is 10 Free, Vegan and cruelty-free, but the color is not my fave.

Add-Ons:
1. Touch In Sol Pretty Filter Waterful Glow Cream: This packaging is gorgeous and the cream is packed with my fave, hyaluronic acid! It makes my skin super moisturized and really plump! Love it!

2. Inc.redible Jelly Shot Lip Quencher in Ex Revenge: O.k. This is seriously too pretty to use😍😍😍.

3. Colourpop X Bretman Lit Palette: This is why I am not 100% satisfied with my bag...2 colors in the palette, which is stunning btw, were completely crushed. I emailed Ipsy and they were sold out so they refunded me and I’ll order direct from Colourpop because it is beautiful and I 💗 Bretman!

Who else loves Ipsy so much that they pre-ordered Glambag Ultimate?

*DM Me if you need a referral Link

5. Ipsy:

august ipsy.jpg

Spoiler
1. Wander Beauty Lift Off: I have gotten much Wander Beauty this month! I think it’s WANDERful!😉💗.

2. Space Case Eyeshadow in Intense Stargasm: Sooooo pretty!!!!!

3. Estate Cosmetics Dew Me Baked Highlighter in Lit: This is so pretty and intense! Love it!

4. Color Club Nail Polish in Ghosted: I haven’t tried this yet, but I think it’s a really pretty color!

5. Sunday Riley Tidal Brightening Enzyme Water Cream: I love this cream! It is super hydrating!

Add-Ons:

1. Comy Co. Rest Recipe Peach and Blueberry Masks.

2. S. L. Miss Glam Blending Brush: Soooo pretty!

3. Sol de Janeiro Mini Coco Cabana Cream: Love this stuff!💗

*DM me if you need a referral Link

6. Scentbird:

august scentbird.jpg

Spoiler
This month, we received  Nanette Lepore Beautiful Times Fragrance.

This fragrance has notes of Bergamot, Mandarin, Violet and Caramelized Sugar it is supposed to provide a contrast of calmness to delectable sweetness. I think it smells amazing! It’s like Prada Candy with a citrus twist - I may need to buy a bottle of this one! 

*DM me if you need a referral Link

7. Upbox:

august up box.jpg

Spoiler
The theme of this box is Bella Vita and it features beautiful products from:

1. Sydney Grace Co.: Their eyeshadow singles are sooooo beautiful!

2. Bubble Cakes Soap Co.: I can’t wait to try the Citrus Explosion Fizzy Dust!!!

3. Lettering by Christine: This decal is super cute.

4. Graphique de France: The “Just Chill” notepad is helping me get theough my work days

5. Rachel Grafton Designs: I love the postcard and mini scripture encouragement cards!

6. Pura Vida: How cute is the Malibu bracelet?!

7. La Bloom Beauty: I still need to try the Brow & Lash Serum and Nail Oil, but I used the lip scrub last night and it is sooooo good!!!! Almost like Lush scrubs, but also slightly hydrating!

8. Ele: The Hawaiian Coconut Soy Candle smells sooooo nice!

9. Maui Soap Co.: The Aloha ‘Aina soap and lotion also smell incredible! I am here for coconut!!!!

Upbox is an encouragement box with a Christian message and it is literally packed with goodies!!!! 20% of each purchase also goes to The Jesus Way Foundation which provides support to orphans.

8. Emma et Chloe:

emma et chloe august 3.jpg

emma et chloe august 2.jpg

emma et chloe august 1.jpg

Spoiler
How beautiful are these Lou Earrings from the Emma et Chloe Les Légendaires Collection?!?!😍😍😍.

These earrings are inspired by modern graphic design and art deco. The details of the sandblasted brass and sugarloaf pearl are stunning!

This month, they also included some extra products by Erborian - I was super excited to try these because I have not tried this brand before!

This subscription sends you a piece of handmade French jewelry each month for $35, based on the preferences you provide when you subscribe.

*DM Me if you need a referral Link

9. Fab Fit Fun:

fall fab fit fun.jpg

Spoiler
Y’all know I’m not ready for summer to end, but partnering with Fab Fit Fun to review their Fall box is making the season change a little but more fun!!!!💗.

This box is packed full of amazing treats to help you ease into Fall:
1. Plush Ultra Soft Plaid Scarf: So soft and cozy!

2. Twine Cheese Board: This will be perfect for entertaining through the fall!

3. Baublebar Farah Ear Crawlers: These are beautiful!

4. Trèstique Mini Eye Essentials: Too cute!

5. Aromatherapy Associates Deep Relax Roller Ball: This has a blend of chamomile, vetivert and sandalwood to help you relax!

6. Aveda Damage Remedy Daily Hair Repair: This is already making a difference in my hair after just a few uses!

7. Harper + Ari Exfoliating Sugar Cubes in Juice Cleanse: These are sooooo cute and they smell delish!

8. Human + Kind Body Soufflé: This is super hydrating and smells really nice!

****This box was gifted, but my subscription box that I paid for is also on the way!!!! 

@Tamara76 You subscribe to so many subscriptions! How fun 🙂

Best,
Rebecca

I think this was the peak of my subscription phase - I currently only subscribe to Book of the Month and I get Ipsy in PR now @RebeccaBT

@Tamara76   Glad to hear the Aveda worked.  I could use that.  I love Trestique too!

Thanks, @Ispend2much6 !  I am so happy with the results of the Aveda!!!!  I definitely recommend it!💗💗💗

Here are my last 2 July subs that I forgot to post:

1. Scentbird:

Scentbird July.jpg

Spoiler
For July my daughter received Moschino Pink Fresh Couture Fragrance.
This fragrance is described as “another iconic cleaning product perfume” - lol! It has notes of grapefruit, black currant, pomegranate, Rose and Hyacinth. We think it smells sweet, fruity and floral and it is really fun for summertime!

*DM Me if you'd like a referral link

2. Emma et Chloe:

july emma et chloe.jpg

Spoiler
The piece they sent for July is the Sonora bracelet from the Mirage collection. This bracelet is inspired by amulets and made from a mix of pearl-shaped Amazonite stones. The bracelet has teo charms: An eye to protect you from evil and a beetle to represent the early morning sun.

Thy also included a packet of Løv Organic Summer in Løv Tea, which I can’t wait to drink!

This subscription sends you a piece of handmade French jewelry each month for $35, based on the preferences you provide when you subscribe.

*DM me if you'd like a referral link

@Tamara76   I love those barrettes- where did you get them?

Probably on Amazon @Ispend2much6 (I just found all these unanswered messages in my inbox - lol)

@Tamara76. Well thank you for the reminder! 

Do you think you could also direct me to headbands for people with big heads? Lol

Awww I think it's just trial and error - My hot tip is not to spend much on them because some will fit and some won't🤷🏼‍♀️🩷

Popsugar fall box full contents in spoiler!  Incredible box!!  Image and info from MSA. I can't post the full contents descriptions, they keep disappearing, but if you go to her site you will see them all. The code "MSA20" will get you $20 off your first box, but the fall box is sold out.

Spoiler

Yay!  Mine is on the way!  @Ispend2much6 

@Tamara76   MIne too!

RE: Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

It was incredible! One of the best boxes ever!

Re: RE: Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

@MadhuV   I totally agree!  I'm so excited for that popcorn. 🙂  Did it come with a discount code do you happen to know? Thanks!

Ipsy add-on's are live just FYI :). They have the Farmacy 2 piece sheet mask back for $3 again!

I got the duo, @niki172 !  The add on computer glitches were so annoying this month.  And I am sad that the one add-on I really wanted - the OFRA x Madison Miller Oh My Ry Ry lip color was sold out by the time the system finally came up again. 😞

@Tamara76 I'm sorry you weren't able to get all the add-on's that you wanted :(. I was able to get add-on's right at 9am, but each time there's a major glitch like this my box is not only delayed, but I am usually missing products as well. It will be interesting to see if that's the case this month. I'm really excited about the GB Ultimate coming up next month with supposedly a more in-depth questionaire, and the choice of one of your items. I was super bummed I didn't get the Murad serum in my box, and instead got the Disco Kitten mask.

I feel like I hit the jackpot!  I ordered an Ipsy Glam Bag Plus Mystery Bag, and this is the bag's contents:

C84D7DC8-F796-41D9-B92E-2793D54C2CAE.jpeg

Can't seem to rotate this.  Anyway, the Goldfaden MD eye cream, Thrive Cosmetics mascara (I've been wanting to try that,) Yensa Primer, Pixie Glow Mist, and Huda 3D Highlighter palette in Bronze Sands (too dark for my face, except for one shade, but eyeshadows- yay!)  $37 for $179 value.

@Ispend2much6 WOW! What amazing products! 

Best,
Rebecca

@RebeccaBT   Thanks!  It was a steal, especially for under $40.  I love that primer too; it's kind of funny- made in Korea, sold in Ireland, purchased in a US beauty box.

5,636 Replies
testing