Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Hi All! 

We are long overdue for an updated Subscription Sharing thread!  Whether it's BoxyCharm, Ipsy, or PopSugar we want to hear (and see) all about what you are subscribed to.

giphy

Interested in trading with other users?  Here are some things you need to know from @SydBristow and her trade threads:

Spoiler

IMPORTANT NOTE: To comply with Sephora's terms of use, items cannot be listed "for sale" or even for trade for Sephora or other gift cards. Please do not list "prices" either (which implies selling), but you can list approximate trade value.

Because a number of fake items have been sent in trades, it is strongly advised you provide photos of your higher-end items, including the labeling (you may be asked for it anyway) and list WHERE you purchased the item from. Fakes are readily available from less reputable sellers and can contain toxins! It is important to everyone to know where their cosmetics come from.

Please also be aware that some makeup products cannot be sanitized - please use caution in your trades. When in doubt, ask the community, it's a great resource! Used items you may wish to avoid are mascara, liquid eyeliner, lip glosses, and cream products.

Acquiring Items
Please use discretion with whom you enter into trades with. There is a summarized list of trusted traders here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/List-of-Successful-Traders-January-2015/td-p/1852954 Protect yourself in your trades, ask questions (such as where an item was purchased), ask for additional photos (to show level of usage and/or labeling to prove authenticity).
If you don’t feel 100% comfortable doing a trade because someone is new, you can request they send their items first.

Communication
Please use the private message system on Beauty Talk and/or tag the user you are trying to get in touch with. Communication is key! You can tell a lot about a trade by how the communication goes. If you will be unavailable for any periods of time, please be up front, and if there are any issues with shipping please be up front about that as well.

Delivery
Having tracking and insurance on shipments goes a long way to figuring out where an item might be. The USPS puts anticipated delivery dates and tracking numbers right on the receipt. If there is any issue with an item you have sent out, please follow up with the carrier.

SUCCESSFUL TRADE EXPERIENCES?
Consider providing your feedback on successful trades on this thread here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Successful-Trades-or-TSB-Experiences/td-p/1012387

**the previous thread can be found here: Subscription box photo sharing

Re: RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Oh, very nice @darlyndar!  I love the background - you have great picture taking skills Smiley Wink   

I'm excited to get mine!  It's supposed to arrive tomorrow.

RE: Re: RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Mine is supposed to come tomorrow as well! And nice I’m excited to try the blush as well!

Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

macy.PNGI finally got my chance to join Macy's beauty box :D...and I just wanted to know what people thought of it. Do many here have this subscription? What can I expect with this box? Is the value worth signing up? Thanks!

@KemoLove I think its a matter of personal opinion.  I subscribe to this and I like it.  The Macys cash in the Nov bag was $10 so that brings the monthly sub to only $5.  

This is the Dec bag, not sure if you're getting this one - 

dec.JPG

OMG, Z!!!!   That bag is gorgeous!!!   Can't wait to see your pics when it comes in! @ZombieMetroAnt

@ZombieMetroAnt~ Thanks for the response and pic! The Macy's cash is definitely enticing, ha ha. Can you stack them?? I wish I was getting December's bag 😞 I think my invitational slot didn't open up until juuuuust past this month's deadline. Looking forward to January's box! Hope it's a good one 😛

For those who are looking for a more expansive version of this, /r/beautyboxes on reddit is your go to place. ALLLLLLLLLL the makeup boxes unboxed and reviewed. It's like heaven on earth.

I can attest to this, as I jump back and forth from here to Reddit. I'm definitely so impatient with my subscription boxes that I'm always clamoring for spoilers, ha ha

*Possible* BoxyCharm January Spoiler

*Possible* BoxyCharm January Spoiler

Re: *Possible* BoxyCharm January Spoiler

Thanks for posting! I’m excited for this - I’ve heard some good things and I really like getting primers. 

@ElleElleG I’ve never heard of this primer before.. does anyone know if it’s good?

@mezzotown88 @ElleElleG I've used this primer before. It's luminizing without being greasy, and it actually controls oil. It's definitely worth trying!

@ElleElleG@MachynesSister I see thanks...

new to me @mezzotown88 !!  Luminizing primers make me a little nervous so I wonder if this will be a variant item for combo/oily people (though they did give everyone that CoverFX...)

RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

All my subscriptions have been sent out! Can’t wait to get them all! I subscribe to Play!, Boxycharm, Ipsy and Allure. I’ll post everything as they come in. Allure keeps getting better and better! I highly recommend it if you’ve been thinking about it!

I can't wait to see them! I haven't got my play! shipping...

I can't wait to see them! I haven't got my play! shipping email yet but that doesn't surprise me, I usually get is like the day before or the day after I receive it.

Re: I can't wait to see them! I haven't got my play! shipping...

@Lazybeautybeast~ It's funny you mention this, cuz I never receive my shipping notification until after my box arrives ha ha

Boxycharm LE box is back in limited amount for subscriper...

Boxycharm LE box is back in limited amount for subscripers only. Check out their FB for more! @mezzotown88

Re: Boxycharm LE box is back in limited amount for subscriper...

@Lazybeautybeast Oh no it is sold out!☹️ I’m still going to get mine from aacha but it’s just that I was going to get an extra box as a present

oh well...  still better than nothing🙂! I’m Glad everyone got them😀!!! I signed up to be notified for the next LE box... from the looks of it I feel like they’re gonna release another LE box very soon! 😃 

As if 4:30 pm EST, it's OOS again.

THanks for the tag you guys😘

@Lazybeautybeast@ElleElleG

5,638 Replies
testing