Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Hi All! 

We are long overdue for an updated Subscription Sharing thread!  Whether it's BoxyCharm, Ipsy, or PopSugar we want to hear (and see) all about what you are subscribed to.

giphy

Interested in trading with other users?  Here are some things you need to know from @SydBristow and her trade threads:

Spoiler

IMPORTANT NOTE: To comply with Sephora's terms of use, items cannot be listed "for sale" or even for trade for Sephora or other gift cards. Please do not list "prices" either (which implies selling), but you can list approximate trade value.

Because a number of fake items have been sent in trades, it is strongly advised you provide photos of your higher-end items, including the labeling (you may be asked for it anyway) and list WHERE you purchased the item from. Fakes are readily available from less reputable sellers and can contain toxins! It is important to everyone to know where their cosmetics come from.

Please also be aware that some makeup products cannot be sanitized - please use caution in your trades. When in doubt, ask the community, it's a great resource! Used items you may wish to avoid are mascara, liquid eyeliner, lip glosses, and cream products.

Acquiring Items
Please use discretion with whom you enter into trades with. There is a summarized list of trusted traders here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/List-of-Successful-Traders-January-2015/td-p/1852954 Protect yourself in your trades, ask questions (such as where an item was purchased), ask for additional photos (to show level of usage and/or labeling to prove authenticity).
If you don’t feel 100% comfortable doing a trade because someone is new, you can request they send their items first.

Communication
Please use the private message system on Beauty Talk and/or tag the user you are trying to get in touch with. Communication is key! You can tell a lot about a trade by how the communication goes. If you will be unavailable for any periods of time, please be up front, and if there are any issues with shipping please be up front about that as well.

Delivery
Having tracking and insurance on shipments goes a long way to figuring out where an item might be. The USPS puts anticipated delivery dates and tracking numbers right on the receipt. If there is any issue with an item you have sent out, please follow up with the carrier.

SUCCESSFUL TRADE EXPERIENCES?
Consider providing your feedback on successful trades on this thread here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Successful-Trades-or-TSB-Experiences/td-p/1012387

**the previous thread can be found here: Subscription box photo sharing

@fatimamummy yes they are

@fatimamummy yes they are

Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Lovely box, @NinaNee!! I love the way your photograph all of your boxes too. The lippie is gorgeous 😍💖 fingers crossed 🤞 I get that one.

Thanks @haleyvvv I love pearls but sometime I feel like I...

Thanks @haleyvvv I love pearls but sometime I feel like I use it too much lol I'll take pearls any day over diamonds. I've always been too chicken to wear reds so I'm glad that I received one to get me out of my comfort zone. I love subscription boxes because it makes use try something we normally wouldn't. I think that the variation I receive was very well put together.

Glossybox (March)20200320_110411.jpg

My first Glossybox. I enjoyed this one, it was a lot of products I wouldn't necessarily gravitate toward. The hair masks are so cool!! I'm excited to try once I finish my current mask. Tweezers are always welcome. The mascara is one I haven't tried so I'll eventually try it (I dont wear too much mascara and it takes so long to get through tubes). I am keen to try the Ciate wing, but once I finish the Kaja one (too much stash). I like the idea of the highlight palette, but i think I'm going to gift it, it just takes so long to get through highlighters and this one is too warm for my liking. These were a lot of brands and things I haven't tried, so that's neat. I'll keep for the next little bit to see if I like.

Boxyluxe (March)20200320_105657.jpg

4 stars for me. I really like the PMD tool (its already in my bathroom; got it in blush); I chose the Murad so am excited for that; and I enjoy the Nars lippie. I'll be using the Boxy palette next week for my palette of the week. The Zoeva cheek palette is gorgeous, I love the art decor packaging!! I like the bum bum cream, but these aren't full sized at all. The Moroccan Oil is meh for me, I picked it from 4 poor options IMO, I just dont need these types of products for my routine. The Spongelle is waaaaay too scented. But I got 3-5 products I really like, including some $expensive$ ones, worth it just for the cleansing device, so overall am happy.

Boxy Premium (March)20200315_180714.jpg

What a lovely Fenty box @haleyvvvv 

Thank you, @fatimamummy!! I'm excited for warmer weather to get to play with the highlighter!

@lmaster, I got Confetti Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Match Stix Shimmer Skinstick Cognac which I already had a mini of thanks to the Match Stix by the Dozen (no longer available). Its a lovely topper or highlight shade, but I already have so many highlighters and I have the mini. I was going to try to sell it in a boxy swap group, but then I went on self-isolation, so we will see...

Tribe Beauty Box (February a little delayed)20200315_182350.jpg

This month’s detox box features Innersense hair are products. I haven’t used this brand either so far I’m pretty happy with this subscription. Only thing is that shampoo and conditioner are both for fiNe to medium hair while I have a lot of thick long hair so I may have to pass them on to my daughter. 

6870850C-BFC7-4B49-A96B-03FA1C8286B3.jpegB601E331-D1F3-48A6-9590-15A07B74E17D.jpeg

The detox boxes always have so many products that look amazing. I'm sorry that you didn't get products that would work with your hair though, @fatimamummy, there should be some customizing when there's products like that.

The products look nice, @fatimamummy!  I understand what you mean about haircare for fine hair.  Haircare in boxes are hit or miss for me because of my course hair.

@curlychiquita  I may use them one for review purposes and then my daughter can have them so it isn’t a complete waste but mommy would have loved it if these were for all hair types.

My March Boxycharm Luxe is here! I chose the QMS because I've receivedit before and absolutely love it but I would never buy it, so I was glad that it was a choice item. I also chose the hoop earrings. I normallyonly wear studs so I wanted to try something different. I'm most excited for the PMD device and Nars lippie. I'm probably one of the few who actually wanted the Hello, Charmer palette. I'm not too thrilled at recieving the Sol De Janeiro creams. I am probably one of the few who also dislikes Spongelle, it's just way too rough for my liking. I also prefer powder highlighters, I just destashed all of my cream highlighters. Not sure yet if I will play with this one or not. Even though there are some products that I didn't like, I'm still happy. I pass along what I won't use to family or regift them. ▫️QMS Lip Line Corrector MSRP $200 ▫️Sol De Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum + Coco Cobana Cream Duo MSRP $15 ▫️Becca Skin Love Glow Glaze Stick MSRP $28 ▫️Nars Powermatte Lip Pigment - Warm Leatherette MSRP $25 ▫️Spongelle Body Wash Infused Buffer - French Lavender MSRP $16 ▫️Zaxie By Stefanie Taylor Play It By Ear Pave Hoop Earrings MSRP $32 ▫️Boxycharm Hello, Charmer Palette MSRP $39 ▫️PMD Smart Facial Cleansing Device MSRP $99 Total Box Value $454

Nice box, @NinaNee! Glad you're excited about it!! I'm also excited for the boxy palette and the Nars lips color you got is so pretty!

My BoxyLuxe just arrived. Unfortunately, this box was a dud for me. This is the first BoxyLuxe that I have been almost completely disappointed in; I think I would have preferred the regular box this mouth for the framacy cherry cleansing balm. The Pmd tool saved the box slightly (but I wish it was a rechargable version) and maybe the palettes but I'm annoyed that they sent me two palettes that are pretty similar. I was hoping if I picked the tarte palette in choice, I wouldn't get anotherone. I'm in the middle of a massive palette declutter so I really didn't want two more palettes. Not sure right now if they will make the cut. 🤷‍♀️ The nail polishes are pretty and I enjoyed the Deborah Lippmann polishes we got before so I will use them but I rarely paint my nails.🤷‍♀️ I don't think I'll ever wear the purple shade of the Nars lipstick. I don't usually enjoy glow sticks like this Becca one and I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in the world that doesn't like the Sol de Janeiro creams. The amount of fragrance gives me a headache. I'll probably gift the straws to someone because I have quite a few already. I cancelled my boxycharm premium this month because I wasn't interested in the products and wanted to save some money so I was hoping to enjoy my BoxyLuxe. Unfortunately, I'll probably declutter 5-6 of the 9 products right away. ☹️ I guess every box can't be a winner.

Box twins! My BoxyLuxe was the same as yours @Lazybeautybeast . I agree with you about the purple Nars, it’s not one I’ll wear either. I tried it yesterday and it looked too dark and bold for my (light) coloring, if that makes sense.  I tried a few colors from the Boxy palette, and I was surprised to discover that they weren’t bad. I really like ‘pop up’ and ‘exclusive’ was nice too.  I’ll use them again (I especially like how subtly bright the ‘pop up’ is) and try more colors from the palette.  There wasn’t a lot of fallout and they went on nicely.  However, I’d like to report that they don’t have the staying power that I’m used to from my eyeshadows, even with primer.  I like the Tarte palette.  I was actually disappointed in the Pmd.  Maybe I was using it wrong lol.  But it has too much vibration to feel comfortable on my face, and I like my Foreo MUCH better.  I couldn’t even get through a full face wash with the Pmd.  It was more comfortable to hold than my Foreo, but it was just a big No for me as a beauty tool.  I’ll use the bum bum creams (I’m one of those who likes them), and I’ll probably use the Becca highlighter.  I feel pretty meh about the straws too.

@Lazybeautybeast That's a bummer! That Nars color looks really pretty.

It did feel like Luxe subscribers got left out in the cold this time @Lazybeautybeast . Boxy should definitely have included the Farmacy in the Luxe boxes!  They need to do a lot better on the June BoxyLuxe, especially since Boxy overall has had some pretty big fails lately.

5,638 Replies
testing