Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Hi All! 

We are long overdue for an updated Subscription Sharing thread!  Whether it's BoxyCharm, Ipsy, or PopSugar we want to hear (and see) all about what you are subscribed to.

giphy

Interested in trading with other users?  Here are some things you need to know from @SydBristow and her trade threads:

Spoiler

IMPORTANT NOTE: To comply with Sephora's terms of use, items cannot be listed "for sale" or even for trade for Sephora or other gift cards. Please do not list "prices" either (which implies selling), but you can list approximate trade value.

Because a number of fake items have been sent in trades, it is strongly advised you provide photos of your higher-end items, including the labeling (you may be asked for it anyway) and list WHERE you purchased the item from. Fakes are readily available from less reputable sellers and can contain toxins! It is important to everyone to know where their cosmetics come from.

Please also be aware that some makeup products cannot be sanitized - please use caution in your trades. When in doubt, ask the community, it's a great resource! Used items you may wish to avoid are mascara, liquid eyeliner, lip glosses, and cream products.

Acquiring Items
Please use discretion with whom you enter into trades with. There is a summarized list of trusted traders here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/List-of-Successful-Traders-January-2015/td-p/1852954 Protect yourself in your trades, ask questions (such as where an item was purchased), ask for additional photos (to show level of usage and/or labeling to prove authenticity).
If you don’t feel 100% comfortable doing a trade because someone is new, you can request they send their items first.

Communication
Please use the private message system on Beauty Talk and/or tag the user you are trying to get in touch with. Communication is key! You can tell a lot about a trade by how the communication goes. If you will be unavailable for any periods of time, please be up front, and if there are any issues with shipping please be up front about that as well.

Delivery
Having tracking and insurance on shipments goes a long way to figuring out where an item might be. The USPS puts anticipated delivery dates and tracking numbers right on the receipt. If there is any issue with an item you have sent out, please follow up with the carrier.

SUCCESSFUL TRADE EXPERIENCES?
Consider providing your feedback on successful trades on this thread here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Successful-Trades-or-TSB-Experiences/td-p/1012387

**the previous thread can be found here: Subscription box photo sharing

Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Okay that sounds more promising than I expected.  Thanks for your insights @Mcakes !

Look fantastic advent calendar available for preorder. Credit to MSA. There will be a 20% coupon in their september beauty box. It's a nice box and I really like this months. I thought about getting this but I'm aiming for restocks only on beauty purchases. I think we're going to hold off and do the Aldi's wine and cheese calendar this year if it's released (estimated to be around $80). This is supposed to be the first year it's available in the US! 

Screen Shot 2018-09-07 at 10.08.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-09-07 at 10.08.38 PM.png

I'm sorry, did you say wine & cheese advent calendar??  **scurries away to do some research** @CC3616

@ElleElleG Yes! Apparently it's been a thing, just not stateside. I thought it was one, but did some better reading and it's actually two. A wine and a cheese, they're separate. I think it said the wine one was six bottles worth over the course of the month. The total for both was around $80 and they'll be released in November! 

Umm, 🙋🏽‍♀️ I'll be looking for the wine one.  So glad you made me aware of this @CC3616

Okay box, I will.Okay box, I will.

AB8EE21C-1186-4570-9C2B-5A0EC1EF76F4.jpeg

Smells like raspberry, looks like raspberries, says cranberry?Smells like raspberry, looks like raspberries, says cranberry?

What is this glorious box @heartsmyface ?!?  They had me at Chick fil a and I've heard many RAVE about those Tree Hut scrubs!

@heartsmyfaceUnidentified

Cranberry, raspberry, close enough. At least it doesn't say banana. 😋

Man, now I'm dreaming of a Chick-Fil-A sub box. That would be glorious! 🍽

@RGbrown  @Mcakes  I read somewhere that this year Chick-Fil-A is going to start selling take out meals to cook at home, kind of like Blue Apron and the rest!  Now we can kind of have our fix on a Sunday. 🙂

@Ispend2much6Unidentified

😍😍😍

I swear it seems like Sunday is the only day I think about eating there, and I'm disappointed every single time 😋

I know pumpkin spice season is the biggie for lots of folks, but my favorite time of year is peppermint milkshakes at CFA 🐄

@RGbrown  I'll have to try those.  I'll be honest, I don't like the pumpkin spice drinks.  Biscotti or cookies, yes.

@Ispend2much6Unidentified

I don't drink coffee at all, and have never set foot in a Starbucks or similar establishment, other than walking by one in Target or at the mall 😯 

I love pumpkin pie, make some killer pumpkin cookies, and adore pumpkin cheesecake, but the whole pumpkin-everything craze escapes me 🎃

I'll be honest, the Chick-fil-A picture brought me in here 😄 

@Mcakes  same 😄 

@Mcakes SAME. 

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Another Sephora Play! Smarts box coming soon. Information from MSA. I randomly saw the video times set up on YouTube today and wondered what it was going to be. Early Access coming to the app soon apparently. (Tomorrow maybe?) I will probably get one just for the case. There was a pink one for a LE box last year that I use all the time.

RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

I was sooo excited to see these 3 boxes! Just in time to make me “feel better” about missing the BoxyLuxe signup! I got waitlisted and am soooo bummed out! I had put the signup time on my calendar months ago, and still missed getting it! So anyway, couldn’t help myself. Grabbed all three of these! Besides I am exactly 40.5, so I definitely thought I needed the 30’s and 40’s Box! And everything in the 50’s box looked interesting to me, so jumped on that one too! Besides there is Good Genes and Luna in there somewhere and since those are holy grails for me, whenever I see them I jump! Overall, I am a skincare junkie so I can never have enough!!

Play!Smarts skincare boxes are now live! Spoilers of the box contents are under the Description section.

PLAY! BY SEPHORA - PLAY! SMARTS: Skincare By Age: 30s

PLAY! BY SEPHORA - PLAY! SMARTS: Skincare By Age: 50s

PLAY! BY SEPHORA - PLAY! SMARTS: Skincare By Age: 40s

IMG_20180908_093907.png

@Lazybeautybeast someone in the mysub comments posted these spoilers. No idea if they are accurate at all. 

The YouTube videos for these boxes list these products for the 50s:

Products featured:
Fresh Soy Face Cleanser
Algenist Elevate Advanced Retinol Serum
Caudalie Premier Cru Eye Cream
Murad Invisiblur Perfecting Shield Broad Spectrum SPF 30 PA+++
Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II
Drunk Elephant Lala Retro Whipped Cream

And these for the 30s:

Products featured:
Tatcha The Deep Cleanse
Fresh Black Tea Age-Delay Eye Concentrate
Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40
Kiehl’s Since 1851 Calendula Deep Cleansing Foaming Face Wash
Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peels
Tarte Drink of H2O Hydrating Boost Moisturizer Rainforest of the Sea

And these for the 40s:

Products featured:
Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment
Caudalie Premier Cru Eye Cream
Kiehl’s since 1851 Glow Formula Skin Hydrator
Volition Beauty Detox Silt Gelee Mask
Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil
Tatcha The Water Cream

If these are the spoilers I feel like 40 would be the one I would want haha 

Ohhhh the possible 40s spoilers sound really nice; thanks for sharing @Kim888

The 40's box is the best value according to the website (30's is valued at $47, 40's is valued at $92, and 50's is valued at $85), and it appears to have the best selection of items that I want to try even though I'm not close to being in my 40's yet (hopefully I'll get there in one piece :P). I wonder why there is such a huge difference in value price between the 30's and the 40's/50's box. I mean there are a lot of products that Sephora carries that are quite pricey that 30 y/o's can use with benefits so that's a puzzler. BTW I did pick up the 40's box.

5,636 Replies
testing