Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Hi All! 

We are long overdue for an updated Subscription Sharing thread!  Whether it's BoxyCharm, Ipsy, or PopSugar we want to hear (and see) all about what you are subscribed to.

giphy

Interested in trading with other users?  Here are some things you need to know from @SydBristow and her trade threads:

Spoiler

IMPORTANT NOTE: To comply with Sephora's terms of use, items cannot be listed "for sale" or even for trade for Sephora or other gift cards. Please do not list "prices" either (which implies selling), but you can list approximate trade value.

Because a number of fake items have been sent in trades, it is strongly advised you provide photos of your higher-end items, including the labeling (you may be asked for it anyway) and list WHERE you purchased the item from. Fakes are readily available from less reputable sellers and can contain toxins! It is important to everyone to know where their cosmetics come from.

Please also be aware that some makeup products cannot be sanitized - please use caution in your trades. When in doubt, ask the community, it's a great resource! Used items you may wish to avoid are mascara, liquid eyeliner, lip glosses, and cream products.

Acquiring Items
Please use discretion with whom you enter into trades with. There is a summarized list of trusted traders here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/List-of-Successful-Traders-January-2015/td-p/1852954 Protect yourself in your trades, ask questions (such as where an item was purchased), ask for additional photos (to show level of usage and/or labeling to prove authenticity).
If you don’t feel 100% comfortable doing a trade because someone is new, you can request they send their items first.

Communication
Please use the private message system on Beauty Talk and/or tag the user you are trying to get in touch with. Communication is key! You can tell a lot about a trade by how the communication goes. If you will be unavailable for any periods of time, please be up front, and if there are any issues with shipping please be up front about that as well.

Delivery
Having tracking and insurance on shipments goes a long way to figuring out where an item might be. The USPS puts anticipated delivery dates and tracking numbers right on the receipt. If there is any issue with an item you have sent out, please follow up with the carrier.

SUCCESSFUL TRADE EXPERIENCES?
Consider providing your feedback on successful trades on this thread here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Successful-Trades-or-TSB-Experiences/td-p/1012387

**the previous thread can be found here: Subscription box photo sharing

Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Boxycharm Premium May 2020 "Mother Nature"20200524_143515~2.jpg

So I know I shouldn't complain about my box, but so many of these are from brands I don't buy from. I do feel that I'll be able to trade or sell the TF palette and the KVD brow gel, fairly easy. I feel like the the lip balm I'll end up using or giving away because it would be a pain to ship.

I'm so excited for the Milk tint and the cintella serum, though. I've had all of the tints on my loves list for a while. I'm middling on the eye cream, I just have so many full sizes to get through, lol.

@haleyvvvv I feel like Boxy had an off month this month. The lip balm is really cute but not really practical imo. I gave mines to my daughter and she loves and enjoy it.

@NinaNee I definitely think that base box was off this month, but I think that premium was actually fairly well curated, but just not for me. There doesn't seem to be a ton of variations, which i think makes for a better box. Its just a miss for me personally, and not even in the type of products, just in the brands. I truly wish to never see a KVD product in my box, and somehow I get them every month. Honestly, though, can't win them all, and I would've bought the Milk eventually and after selling or gifting the palette itll even out to what I paid, so its all good.

Boxycharm May 2020 "Mother Nature"20200524_152705~2.jpg

Lol, we don't need themes, Boxycharm, if you're never going to follow them. Although, I guess all of the colors of my items line up with the card. I feel *very* lucky with my version. The Glamglow mask has been on my list of things to try, so that makes the box worth it for me in its own. I really like my Vintage Dawn palette, so I was hoping I'd get the Scarlett Dusk this month. I'm always looking for an eyeshadow primer, so the Pretty Vulgar will get tested. The brushes, despite not being worth $45, are good, but I'll pass along the spoolie. I don't like makeup wipes, but these will go in my suitcase for when I have to start traveling again.

@haleyvvvv your box is way better than mines! 

I feel so bad, I definitely won Boxycharm roulette this month, but its almost mean of me given how off so many other boxes were, @NinaNee. It was an off month for them, which I think can partially be explained by world events, but there's some real polarizing ones here. I can only hope next months will even the balance out. I think overall, as long as choice is good, then there's enough value in the box for me (so if I had gotten the glamglow plus a dud box, I wouldn't have been happy, but the value would've been there). On months when choice isn't good though...that's when I get nervous.

Glossybox Mother's Day Special Edition20200524_142504~2.jpg

Super jazzed about this. I was eager after each spoiler was revealed. It might be the first time I've been keen for every item in the box. The pencil is soft and will be great for pairing with beige-y lippies. Its a hunking size of body cream for a sub box. I love the mister (haven't tested it with makeup though). The FAB is supposed to be a gentle scrub. I like Alterna products, although they're typically too heavy for me in the summer. And I've been eager to Bioeffect for some time.

Oh wow @haleyvvvv I feel like this Glossybox. I like this box!

Thank you, @NinaNee!! The glossybox limited editions have been fairly strong. Plus they are available to non subscribers!

April 2020 Glossybox "Blossom"20200524_141138~2.jpg

I LOVE how well curated the Glossybox is. Everything in here is pinky themed and reminds me of spring blossoms. Now, for the products...this box is half and half for me. I don't ever paint my nails, so even though I kinda like the pink shade, I'm never going to use it. The quick dry nail stuff is also a miss, just again, not a nail person. But I'll see if one of the students at work wants the. I was eager to test the Victor and Rolf but its just not for me. Avant is overpriced, but I'll still try this scrub, and their stuff is usually fine-good. And yay more dry shampoo!

@haleyvvvv when just looking at the box is looks so nice and cohesive. The pink theme is on point but when you break it down piece by piece like u did then it's just ok. It's a bummer that you didn't receive more products that you like.

Honestly though, I'm okay with it, @NinaNee. like I now know that I'm not a fan of that scent, and it'll make a nice little gift for someone. My one complaint is that I got this nail spray instead of a sheet mask. But, with glossybox, you end up getting at least 1/5 box back in credit for future purchases with their product surveys and reviews, so even the not great boxes have some redeeming qualities, lol.

New Trendmood box is live for early access 😊

Boxycharm base and Premium. I resubscribed to premium after taking a break for two months but was disappointed in what I received. 😞 Surprisingly the milk makeup lip and cheek oil is my favorite product which I didn't see coming (and I picked the shade halo for my box next month too because the choice options sucked). I'll be keeping the lip oil and the TF palette for sure. The serum smells very strong so that and the KVD brow products are maybe keeps. I'm not sure if I'll keep the eye concentrate or not but I'm leaning towards not. The smell of the sugar rush lip balm gives me a headache so I'll be giving that away. All in all, bad box. I like the spoilers I saw for next month so I'll keep Premium for now. The base box was better for me. The concealer actually matches me which is great. I picked the Elemis pads. I was hoping for the micellar water. I don't like lip gloss but I've heard great things about the Jouer one so I'll give it a try. The Appeal lipstick is getting decluttered.

@lazybeautybeast I feel like this month they really dropp...

@Lazybeautybeast I feel like this month they really dropped the ball. I wasn't too thrilled especially with my base box.

@Lazybeautybeast  Sorry to hear you were disappointed in your box. I was a bit curious about the sugar rush lip balm, and the eyeshadow palette because they look cute, and the balm looks interesting. I have to say I feel like they went downhill a lot. I used to have them and honestly I felt like I sold most of the items I was getting recently since they were just disappointments. I canceled about three months ago and honestly dont regret it. I feel like its better to just buy what you want instead, then get this box, especially since there are so many facebook groups for selling and buying. Hope your next box with be a good surprise.

RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

@Lazybeautybeast I’ve been disappointed lately with boxycharm. I’m ready to cancel. I think June will be my last box because of the luxe one.

I feel the same @KNC24! My 3 month subscription is up to...

I feel the same @KNC24! My 3 month subscription is up to renewal in the beginning of July. But I'm about 90% sure I'm gonna cancel. I've been thinking of resubscribing to FFF so I might do that for a while. My collection is too big to keep up with boxy and the lackluster items I've been receiving this year. It makes me sad because I've been with them since October 2017, I think. If they would just limit the variations and/or allow more choice for my box I would stay.

Re: I feel the same @KNC24! My 3 month subscription is up to...

@Lazybeautybeast Yes, the boxes are so much better when there are fewer variations!! Totally agree. I wish they'd go back to premium being two or three variations around a single choice item. I do feel bad this month, because like inventory is probably a problem for all sub boxes. I feel like my FFF boxes have been so hit or miss for what I want, but this Summer 2020 box knocked it out of the park. 

And my regular Ipsy

@sonnydee You got nice products there. I hope you are enjoying this little bag. I just signed up to have something small but pleasant to surprise me during these complicated times. But I was really excited to add Sunday Riley Good Genes to my bag for only $18 as opposed to its regular $85. Nice to know Ipsy offers such great deals at times 

5,636 Replies
testing