Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Hi All! 

We are long overdue for an updated Subscription Sharing thread!  Whether it's BoxyCharm, Ipsy, or PopSugar we want to hear (and see) all about what you are subscribed to.

giphy

Interested in trading with other users?  Here are some things you need to know from @SydBristow and her trade threads:

Spoiler

IMPORTANT NOTE: To comply with Sephora's terms of use, items cannot be listed "for sale" or even for trade for Sephora or other gift cards. Please do not list "prices" either (which implies selling), but you can list approximate trade value.

Because a number of fake items have been sent in trades, it is strongly advised you provide photos of your higher-end items, including the labeling (you may be asked for it anyway) and list WHERE you purchased the item from. Fakes are readily available from less reputable sellers and can contain toxins! It is important to everyone to know where their cosmetics come from.

Please also be aware that some makeup products cannot be sanitized - please use caution in your trades. When in doubt, ask the community, it's a great resource! Used items you may wish to avoid are mascara, liquid eyeliner, lip glosses, and cream products.

Acquiring Items
Please use discretion with whom you enter into trades with. There is a summarized list of trusted traders here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/List-of-Successful-Traders-January-2015/td-p/1852954 Protect yourself in your trades, ask questions (such as where an item was purchased), ask for additional photos (to show level of usage and/or labeling to prove authenticity).
If you don’t feel 100% comfortable doing a trade because someone is new, you can request they send their items first.

Communication
Please use the private message system on Beauty Talk and/or tag the user you are trying to get in touch with. Communication is key! You can tell a lot about a trade by how the communication goes. If you will be unavailable for any periods of time, please be up front, and if there are any issues with shipping please be up front about that as well.

Delivery
Having tracking and insurance on shipments goes a long way to figuring out where an item might be. The USPS puts anticipated delivery dates and tracking numbers right on the receipt. If there is any issue with an item you have sent out, please follow up with the carrier.

SUCCESSFUL TRADE EXPERIENCES?
Consider providing your feedback on successful trades on this thread here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Successful-Trades-or-TSB-Experiences/td-p/1012387

**the previous thread can be found here: Subscription box photo sharing

Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Thanks, @ElleElleG!  The little already stole the hat, but I have a similar hat from a PSMH box last year or the year before, so we can match. 🙂

LOL! @Tamara76

After what felt like an eternity, I finally received my tribe beauty box: As promised, here are some pics:)

The good: Super fast shipping, packaged very well, amazing customer service, awesome products:)

The bad: I ordered 2 boxes and one was missing the black eyeliner the other was missing the promotional free makeup bag. I was not given an explanation and found out once I received the boxes:/ It could have been a simple mistake or they ran out of inventory since I ordered when there were only 6 boxes left.

** also my box shipped out a week after it was supposed to, they apologized and said they added an extra product in the box for the inconveniece(how awesome is that?!) both boxes included 2 freebies plus an additional replacement for the eyeliner, which was a nyx lip liner. I'm a lip lover so I actually prefer a lip product over the eyeliner:) Win for me! So far I love this box, looking forward to future boxes:)

(sorry about the lighting!)

IMG_0934.jpgIMG_0938.jpgFullSizeRender (9).jpgIMG_0931.jpg

@DEL28 this looks like a nice sub box!! Enjoy!

Thank you:)

@DEL28 so nice that you received tarte's clay face shaping palette in the box!

( is yours the first one or the second one?) Enjoy your goodies!  Thanks for sharing! (I'm going to look into this sub!)

Thank you so much:) I believe its the first one, its gorgeous and pics do it no justice. I hope their second box is just as good if not better! 

Wow!  This is a really nice box, @DEL28!   Thanks for sharing with us! ❤️

Happy to share my unboxing with you guys:) 🙂

Nice!  It will be interesting to see how their boxes develop as this subscription grows.

RE: Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Thanks for sharing pictures!!! I’m definitely super curious what they’ll come out with next month

Does anyone here do the Margot Elena subscription box? Thoughts and opinions?

@nikki Margot Elena, as in Lollia?  No, I didn't know she had a box!  I love Lollia, though!!! ❤️

@Tamara76 Yep as in Lollia, library of flowers, Tokyo milk dark. I think it’s fairly new. I took the plunge because I decided against doing the boxy charm and tribe boxes. It’s quarterly and 56 a box with shipping and handling. This is the winter box. 

0840308D-3AEE-4CCA-9E0B-19DC469815DC.jpeg

Seems like the value is there. 

Oh wow!   I may have to check this one out, @nikki!  Definitely looks like a great value! ❤️

Unfortunately I've never heard of this but hopefully someone here has!

February 2018 Allure Spoilers

Feb. 2018 Allure SpoilersFeb. 2018 Allure Spoilers

@darlyndar @imbeautiful definitely a pass.  The January box will be my first and last until I see more impressive spoilers.

@ElleElleG December and January were definitely worth it. I’m skipping February and rejoining March depending on the spoilers. Allure is usually reallllllly good. 

Eek, I am Glad I skipped because I wouldn’t have been happy with that box.

RE: Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

@ElleElleG I could actually skip this box. It’s not very appealing to me! That’s a bummer.
5,636 Replies
testing