Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Hi All! 

We are long overdue for an updated Subscription Sharing thread!  Whether it's BoxyCharm, Ipsy, or PopSugar we want to hear (and see) all about what you are subscribed to.

giphy

Interested in trading with other users?  Here are some things you need to know from @SydBristow and her trade threads:

Spoiler

IMPORTANT NOTE: To comply with Sephora's terms of use, items cannot be listed "for sale" or even for trade for Sephora or other gift cards. Please do not list "prices" either (which implies selling), but you can list approximate trade value.

Because a number of fake items have been sent in trades, it is strongly advised you provide photos of your higher-end items, including the labeling (you may be asked for it anyway) and list WHERE you purchased the item from. Fakes are readily available from less reputable sellers and can contain toxins! It is important to everyone to know where their cosmetics come from.

Please also be aware that some makeup products cannot be sanitized - please use caution in your trades. When in doubt, ask the community, it's a great resource! Used items you may wish to avoid are mascara, liquid eyeliner, lip glosses, and cream products.

Acquiring Items
Please use discretion with whom you enter into trades with. There is a summarized list of trusted traders here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/List-of-Successful-Traders-January-2015/td-p/1852954 Protect yourself in your trades, ask questions (such as where an item was purchased), ask for additional photos (to show level of usage and/or labeling to prove authenticity).
If you don’t feel 100% comfortable doing a trade because someone is new, you can request they send their items first.

Communication
Please use the private message system on Beauty Talk and/or tag the user you are trying to get in touch with. Communication is key! You can tell a lot about a trade by how the communication goes. If you will be unavailable for any periods of time, please be up front, and if there are any issues with shipping please be up front about that as well.

Delivery
Having tracking and insurance on shipments goes a long way to figuring out where an item might be. The USPS puts anticipated delivery dates and tracking numbers right on the receipt. If there is any issue with an item you have sent out, please follow up with the carrier.

SUCCESSFUL TRADE EXPERIENCES?
Consider providing your feedback on successful trades on this thread here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Successful-Trades-or-TSB-Experiences/td-p/1012387

**the previous thread can be found here: Subscription box photo sharing

Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Yay, I'm so glad it worked for you, @NinaNee!! And your eye look is stunning!! 🤩

@haleyvvvv Thanks! My intent was to use the blues in the palette but I ended doing this instead lol

@haleyvvvv The water bottle was my first choice. All the ones I've seen are so pretty, I know you will love it! So honestly I have yet to try the BB cream. I have a good amount of redness in my face and I'm not sure if it will be enough coverage for me since it is a BB cream. I'm still not sure if I will use it or pass it along yet.

Glossybox (Wild Things, May)20200611_221303.jpg

Again, much delayed (also totally fine). Overall this is fine. The lippie is pretty, I'm looking forward to try the mask and the balm. I'm sure the eye liner is fine, I'm just not much of a liner girl. The palette is meh, mostly excited about the outer box, lol. Can't all be winners.

RE: Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Isn't steve laurent one of these shady companies that use aliexpress stuff?

Re: RE: Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

@Ninsch I think its one of those brands that uses wholesalers and white/private label manufacturers. I think there's a lot of brands that do this.

Is it annoying? Yes, especially when its used to drive up the price (esp to increase value in a sub box). But it's not necessarily unsafe or even sketch bc they're still regulated.

I passed on the palette, but because the color story didn't speak to me. I have a lip liner from them that I enjoy, though.

If that's not your jam, that's fine too. 🤷‍♀️

Ipsy Glam Bag + Add-Ons (May)IMG_20200612_002834~2.jpg

Much delayed (totally fine, glad people are social distancing), but overall a win. I LOVE this FAB mask; the brush is soft and pretty; pixi blushes are standard and work fine, although this color is iffy; I haven't tried the bb cream, but its warming up, so I'll try it soon; and the tarte is meh, but I'll end up using it. Exciting to try these masks, especially the JayJun!!

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

June's Target Nailed It box. Again this is a great box and it's only $7 plus there are 2 full size products! It is sold out now but maybe it may come back like last month's Sunscreen Queen box. Sally Hansen Nail Treatment Hard as Nails Serum is full size at $4.99 and Essie Gel Setter Top Coat is also full size at $8.99. I got this box just because of these 2 products, everything else is bonus.

@NinaNee Those color strips look cool!

@Samtian they are pretty, aren't they? I haven't use these kind of strips in a long time. 

Ahhhh, that baby nail polish is so cute! I made the mistake of waffling, and missed out. Not that I need more nail stuff 😋

@RGbrown I'm not much of a pink person but my daughter is, so this one will mainly be for her. I've notice Target's box has become more popular now and sell out faster then they use to. I've done the same thing as you. Now when I'm on the fence with a certain box I just buy it anyways. It's only $7 so I don't ever regret buying it.

Really happy with mine too @NinaNee I got it free on the...

Really happy with mine too @NinaNee I got it free on the nail polish special day last Monday. I use the Essie gel setter anyway so everything else was a bonus! Will definitely be stocking up if it comes back in stock 🤞

Re: Really happy with mine too @NinaNee I got it free on the...

Oh awesome @silliluci free is always great! The Essie Gel Setting must be good. I'm hoping that it'll be back in stock.

These boxes have such a great value. Thanks for sharing, @NinaNee, and so great that you're liking them!!

@haleyvvvv yes the values are good on these boxes. I like that you see everything before you buy, plus it's only $7. My daughter likes to do her nails so this is just more stuff for her to use together.

Fabfitfun Summer 202020200524_142917~2.jpg

I love my box, lol, which I should cause I chose 5/8 of the items. But there were so many good options this time in most of the categories, for what I want anyway. Then I got a hand and foot cream, which are so needed right now. I dont do my brows, so that'll get passed along.I went a little ham on the add-ons, but there were so many good mask deals and those retinol products are some of my faves. Plus I got an extra bag, that I'll have to contact them about, whoops.I went a little ham on the add-ons, but there were so many good mask deals and those retinol products are some of my faves. Plus I got an extra bag, that I'll have to contact them about, whoops.

I'm so glad you love your box @haleyvvv! I'm kicking myse...

I'm so glad you love your box @haleyvvv! I'm kicking myself for not subscribing before it sold out. It looked like a fantastic box!

RE: Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

This looks amazing, what a great curation!

@haleyvvvv Oh wow I love it! It's awesome that you love your box! You have lots of goodies to play with.

Thank you, @NinaNee!! Very excited about this mask/skincare smorgasbord!!

5,636 Replies
testing