Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Hi All! 

We are long overdue for an updated Subscription Sharing thread!  Whether it's BoxyCharm, Ipsy, or PopSugar we want to hear (and see) all about what you are subscribed to.

giphy

Interested in trading with other users?  Here are some things you need to know from @SydBristow and her trade threads:

Spoiler

IMPORTANT NOTE: To comply with Sephora's terms of use, items cannot be listed "for sale" or even for trade for Sephora or other gift cards. Please do not list "prices" either (which implies selling), but you can list approximate trade value.

Because a number of fake items have been sent in trades, it is strongly advised you provide photos of your higher-end items, including the labeling (you may be asked for it anyway) and list WHERE you purchased the item from. Fakes are readily available from less reputable sellers and can contain toxins! It is important to everyone to know where their cosmetics come from.

Please also be aware that some makeup products cannot be sanitized - please use caution in your trades. When in doubt, ask the community, it's a great resource! Used items you may wish to avoid are mascara, liquid eyeliner, lip glosses, and cream products.

Acquiring Items
Please use discretion with whom you enter into trades with. There is a summarized list of trusted traders here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/List-of-Successful-Traders-January-2015/td-p/1852954 Protect yourself in your trades, ask questions (such as where an item was purchased), ask for additional photos (to show level of usage and/or labeling to prove authenticity).
If you don’t feel 100% comfortable doing a trade because someone is new, you can request they send their items first.

Communication
Please use the private message system on Beauty Talk and/or tag the user you are trying to get in touch with. Communication is key! You can tell a lot about a trade by how the communication goes. If you will be unavailable for any periods of time, please be up front, and if there are any issues with shipping please be up front about that as well.

Delivery
Having tracking and insurance on shipments goes a long way to figuring out where an item might be. The USPS puts anticipated delivery dates and tracking numbers right on the receipt. If there is any issue with an item you have sent out, please follow up with the carrier.

SUCCESSFUL TRADE EXPERIENCES?
Consider providing your feedback on successful trades on this thread here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Successful-Trades-or-TSB-Experiences/td-p/1012387

**the previous thread can be found here: Subscription box photo sharing

Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

@Lazybeautybeast I'm sorry you don't like lip gloss. Iconic London makes really good lip gloss plus that's one of the better liquid highlighters on the market IMO (if it works with your skin tone though). I've been having the same thoughts about canceling my Ipsy subscription, but the add-on's last month were insane so for now I'm keeping it plus the spoilers for next month look fantastic. I hope your next boxes are more to your liking.

RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

@Lazybeautybeast I was thinking the same thing. It’s questionable products plus most of what I’m getting I don’t want. I rather pay for TrendMood’s box than this.

I was also thinking that sheet masks are a much better filler product (maybe we'll be seeing more of them going forward). I'm sorry your box was disappointing, @Lazybeautybeast! I hope your next few boxes are better!

Here are the items that will be included in the next Sephora Luxe box, launching on the 28th:

For $25, you’ll get deluxe samples of Sulwhasoo First Care Activating Serum, Kérastase Resistance Length Strengthening Blow-Dry Primer, La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream, Viktor&Rolf Flowerbomb, Guerlain L’Or 24K Gold Radiance Primer and Armani Beauty Lip Maestro Liquid Matte Lipstick in 400.For $25, you’ll get deluxe samples of Sulwhasoo First Care Activating Serum, Kérastase Resistance Length Strengthening Blow-Dry Primer, La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream, Viktor&Rolf Flowerbomb, Guerlain L’Or 24K Gold Radiance Primer and Armani Beauty Lip Maestro Liquid Matte Lipstick in 400.

So excited!! Fingers crossed there's a lot of them, luxe SF usually go so quickly. Thank you for sharing, @CookieGirl1!!

This is a nice one, @CookieGirl1! I always enjoy flowerbomb.

@curlychiquita @haleyvvvv I saw a breakdown of the sizes, though, and everything seems REALLY small.  

Fair, @CookieGirl1. I think that for like super expensive items though, it's like still a good-ish deal. Like if the La Mer is only 3 ml, it still has a value of like $20 something (in Canada) which almost the $ of the box? But that's me personally.

RE: Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Where can i find the link to subscribe to the box

Here is my Boxycharm base box. I'm disappointed I didn't receive my choice item. I picked Elemis Hydration Juice but I received the cleansing foam. I emailed Boxy already so I hope I can still receive the correct item. I also have dry skin, dry combo in the summer and was really hoping that they went off of our info. I really had my heart set on the hydrate primer but I received the original. I can still make it work but I really wanted the other one since I've used this one before and know I can only use it during summer. Everything else is good. Box value is $143.99. Btw I just wanted to sneak in one of my mask I made, I'm so loving the print.

I'm sorry you didn't get your choice item, @NinaNee! I hope they're able to get your right item to you. Those brushes are really pretty and that mask is amazing!!

@haleyvvvv I finally received a reply to my choice item after waiting a whole week and re-emailing them on Monday. I don't get the item but they gave me charms in value of the item, which is $48. I really, really want the item though. So now I have a total of $128 in charms but can't ever get anything since the charm room is always slim pickings when it's available to shop. There is only ever better stuff right when it opens. I always get in the charm room anywhere from 3-4 hrs after it drops and there already isn't much left. But I guess I shouldn't be complaining too much because it seems like a lot of people didn't get their choice item this month and it's about 50/50 that you get charms as replacement. I'm still bummed though.

Oh no, @NinaNee, I'm sorry they weren't able to send your chosen product out. I hope you're able to eventually find something good in the charm room. Are you using the cleanser? I hope you were able to get some use out of it.

RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Very pretty

I. Celebration of earth month. April’s detox box is created with “Sustainability “ theme. I love Bkr water bottle and Super large and cute Baggu bag. Total value of this month’s bag is C$157 which is also personal value because every single item in this bag is useable.

8D4525A5-DA5C-42EA-9EF6-8EB81FCFDF3A.jpegF682F8C2-CD0A-4732-9355-A5E0CBED1BED.jpeg

E1B79E14-E5B7-4A2A-B583-F8CB6C9C1503.jpeg

Wow, nice box, @fatimamummy!

This is a great box, @fatimamummy!! And it's super exciting that you love everything in it too!! That's so rare and so great!! 

My April Boxy Premium is here! I'm loving the variety. 💎SmashboxL.A. Cover Shot $45 💎Becca Luminous Blush - Dahlia $34💎Lavido Age Away Replenishing Cream $69 💎Opulent Crystal Clear 3-Piece Brush Collection $40 💎Juice Beauty Phyto-Pigments Liquid Lip -Cameron $24 💎Wander Beauty Mile High Club Volume and Length Mascara $26 Variation 35 Box value $238

Great value, @NinaNee! The Becca brush looks so pretty.

Thanks @curlychiquita I agree the blush is beautiful. I'm...

Thanks @curlychiquita I agree the blush is beautiful. I'm just worried it may be a tad too dark for me but I think I can make it work.

These brushes look so soft @NinaNee .

5,636 Replies
testing