Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Hi All! 

We are long overdue for an updated Subscription Sharing thread!  Whether it's BoxyCharm, Ipsy, or PopSugar we want to hear (and see) all about what you are subscribed to.

giphy

Interested in trading with other users?  Here are some things you need to know from @SydBristow and her trade threads:

Spoiler

IMPORTANT NOTE: To comply with Sephora's terms of use, items cannot be listed "for sale" or even for trade for Sephora or other gift cards. Please do not list "prices" either (which implies selling), but you can list approximate trade value.

Because a number of fake items have been sent in trades, it is strongly advised you provide photos of your higher-end items, including the labeling (you may be asked for it anyway) and list WHERE you purchased the item from. Fakes are readily available from less reputable sellers and can contain toxins! It is important to everyone to know where their cosmetics come from.

Please also be aware that some makeup products cannot be sanitized - please use caution in your trades. When in doubt, ask the community, it's a great resource! Used items you may wish to avoid are mascara, liquid eyeliner, lip glosses, and cream products.

Acquiring Items
Please use discretion with whom you enter into trades with. There is a summarized list of trusted traders here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/List-of-Successful-Traders-January-2015/td-p/1852954 Protect yourself in your trades, ask questions (such as where an item was purchased), ask for additional photos (to show level of usage and/or labeling to prove authenticity).
If you don’t feel 100% comfortable doing a trade because someone is new, you can request they send their items first.

Communication
Please use the private message system on Beauty Talk and/or tag the user you are trying to get in touch with. Communication is key! You can tell a lot about a trade by how the communication goes. If you will be unavailable for any periods of time, please be up front, and if there are any issues with shipping please be up front about that as well.

Delivery
Having tracking and insurance on shipments goes a long way to figuring out where an item might be. The USPS puts anticipated delivery dates and tracking numbers right on the receipt. If there is any issue with an item you have sent out, please follow up with the carrier.

SUCCESSFUL TRADE EXPERIENCES?
Consider providing your feedback on successful trades on this thread here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Successful-Trades-or-TSB-Experiences/td-p/1012387

**the previous thread can be found here: Subscription box photo sharing

Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Oooh, that's a neat box, especially with the bioderma and Farmacy, @itsfi!! 

I thought I'd never see this months premium because it was delivered to the wrong house and FedEx basically said tough luck, if you don't get a call back from us in 4 days then give us a call back. Luckily it was delivered to a neighbor who is nice and brought it over. Not all my neighbors are like this. I've had Amazon delivered my package to the wrong house and I know who's house it is because of the delivery photo and still got told by said neighbor that they never received it. Amazon always was willing to resend it (sometimes it took being mean or argument). I guess going through the delivery issue made me appreciate my box more this month lol

RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

I still haven’t seen my June premium box. Truthfully I am not sure if I ever will. It may end up like my pop up order and delivered to another city. I tried to contact boxycharm customer service, been a week, no response

Re: RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

@yunii oh man that sucks. I know that when Boxy responds they are going to say to contact the carrier first. I know that Boxy also says to only send one email otherwise you move down the queue but honestly for me if I've been waiting more than 5 days I usually send a new email and that new email gets a response faster so maybe you might have to send another email. I'm really hoping that all this gets resolved for you.

@NinaNee Glad you got your mail! If you are in the US you can report that to the police. It's a federal offense to open someone elses mail. 

@Samtian Thanks, I don't know why I never thought to do that. 

I'm so glad you got your box, @NinaNee and that you like it!! I also picked the Zoeva, so many we may be box twins.

These are the 2 other variations.

These are the 2 other variations.

@haleyvvvv thanks, I was so sure that I'd never see it again. I've seen 2 other variations with the Zoeva. I hope you get the one that you want.

June boxycharm luxe arrived today but with a COD of $18 for shipping. The crazy part was I paid extra for shipping to Canada to boxycharm already. I am really thinking of breaking up with this box spend $99 CAD for it seems too high.

Re: RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Nice boxyluxe, @yunii!! Mine is also being quoted COD, which is frustrating. I think they were trying to get the boxes out fast this month and went with DHL to ship. If you email them they might give you a refund or charms for it, since there's not supposed to be duties (although most of that is DHL's handling fee). Its frustrating to pay that much for it, and definitely see cancelation as an option. 

Oh man @yunii that is quite pricey. If you do break up ev...

Oh man @yunii that is quite pricey. If you do break up even for a bit, I don't blame you. My question is, do u absolutely love Boxycharm? Or are you ok without it and would rather spending the money on products that you pick.

Boxycharm premium and BoxyLuxe (the one with the tarte palette). I can't say I'm surprised by how bad these boxes were. Premium was better than Luxe for sure, at least I'll use everything in it. Did anyone else get the Grace a Stella masks? They were so heavy! In Luxe, while I wanted the purlisse bb cream, I needed a lighter shade but I will keep it for summer. I'm trying the Kyle product tonight but will be giving it to my sister who likes the brand; I'm not a fan. I already have the tarte palette BUT my other sister's birthday is coming up and I know she'd love it. So this did make the box worth it...maybe. I honestly don't want any of the rest of this. I have already unsubscribed to premium and luxe, and I'm going to cancel boxycharm completely once the charm room opens up was I can try to use my points. Sorry Boxycharm....it has been a good run (been subscribed since 2017) but you have let me down too much lately and its time to say goodbye. I'd rather spend my money on products I exactly want.

Well...hey, you got the milk makeup thing, the tarte palette, and the living proof!  I would have totally been stoked to get those.  I'm sure that's little consolation to you though.  I just gave up and cancelled ALL of my subscription boxes over two years ago and i really do miss the products and new samples and all that so much.  Well, I cancelled everything except FFF.  But in all honesty...that has become nothing but a total let down.  I barely even get excited when the box arrives because the quality of the items has gone so far down hill over the past 18 months and I cannot tell you how many products have arrived not in working condition or broken during the first use/wear --- not to mention the boxes I bought or items I ordered that sat pending for months before they would just cancel them on me with nothing more than an oh...we couldn't fulfill it or we did not have your box choices.  Like.  What?  You did not have the items I customized my boxes with or that you sold me, but you sold them to me anyway, made me wait months while you claimed it was on the way, and then just tell me I'm out of luck and that's that?  No replacement item, no credit back, AND you don't even respond to your customers when they let you know something arrived broken or was damaged...even if they don't want a replacement or anything...just to know where to send it to get fixed?  SCHNOPES.  FFF is going bye bye as soon as my prepaid membership is up.  I've looked into all the different boxes out there these days, but I just can't seem to figure out which, if any, would even be worth it anymore.  😞

@Lazybeautybeast I feel your pain. I just moved and still haven’t gotten my box. June was the last month for me. That’s a good idea to use up the charms before canceling. The box isn’t worth it anymore plus ppl have show that it’s not the same as buying directly from the brand. Too much for me. Most of the boxes I donate anyway. I cancelled my allure box too. I do every so often get a TrendMood box. I like how I can see what I’m getting before I pay. I don’t like piece meal sneak peaks.

I'm sorry, @Lazybeautybeast, that these were so disappointing!! Its nice you are able to find ways to gift some of the items. I'm kinda hoping I get the masks, my box weighs over 4lbs, so I'm hoping they're in there (but its still on the way). I hope you get to use your points on something neat!!

My Boxyluxe this month. I really didn't want the cleanser by Kylie Skin. I have sensitive skin and definitely do not want to take a gamble on it plus I personally just can't with that family. I'm looking forward to trying the Pureheals mask, I just need to finished the ones that I have opened first. I actually want new lip liners as I've gotten rid of some that I've had for a while and need to replenish my collection. I use to have this palette but gave it away to my sister before I could test it out so I'm glad to have it back again. The Osea Sculptor was my 3rd pick, S'well bottle and the whitening pens were my 1st and 2nd pick. I also didn't want the mascara so I picked the Tula eye balm instead. I originally wanted the BDB brush set but after seeing peoples opinions on them I'm glad I got the CBD cream. I was really looking forward to the BB cream but I got the shade medium and I think it may be too dark for me. I think light would have been a better match. Maybe if I get tan in the summer it may be a closer match but I don't really tan too well, I get burnt and then after it peels my skin is splotchy.

Great box, @NinaNee!! I have my fingers crossed for the Pureheals mask (its looks nourishing) and the m Green grass (the brushes aren't calling me). I'm sorry you didn't get your top choices for the Osea sculptor and that the BB cream isn't a match. I hope you can make the BB cream work (maybe mix with a lighter foundation?).

@haleyvvvv I'm hoping you get the Pureheals mask and M Green Grass cream. At first I was hesitant about the cream but I actually like it, just wish that it was a little bigger. What did you end up picking for your choice items? I'm going to play around with the BB cream to see if I can make it work. I really want it to work.

I chose the Tula and the water bottle, @NinaNee, so fingers crossed. I really hope you can make the BB cream work!! Aside from shade is the texture and coverage okay? 

@haleyvvvv So I decided to try out the BB cream today. The shade actually works for me, it is a tad dark but not too noticeable. In the photo it looks like a good match but in person you can see the difference. Once I tan a little in the summer it will be a perfect match. The coverage is not bad, you can still see some of my redness but once I add concealer it is alright. I do like the finish. I have dry skin and it works so well for me. I'm quiet glad that I gave it a try.IMG_20200623_180152_575.jpg

5,638 Replies
testing