Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Hi All! 

We are long overdue for an updated Subscription Sharing thread!  Whether it's BoxyCharm, Ipsy, or PopSugar we want to hear (and see) all about what you are subscribed to.

giphy

Interested in trading with other users?  Here are some things you need to know from @SydBristow and her trade threads:

Spoiler

IMPORTANT NOTE: To comply with Sephora's terms of use, items cannot be listed "for sale" or even for trade for Sephora or other gift cards. Please do not list "prices" either (which implies selling), but you can list approximate trade value.

Because a number of fake items have been sent in trades, it is strongly advised you provide photos of your higher-end items, including the labeling (you may be asked for it anyway) and list WHERE you purchased the item from. Fakes are readily available from less reputable sellers and can contain toxins! It is important to everyone to know where their cosmetics come from.

Please also be aware that some makeup products cannot be sanitized - please use caution in your trades. When in doubt, ask the community, it's a great resource! Used items you may wish to avoid are mascara, liquid eyeliner, lip glosses, and cream products.

Acquiring Items
Please use discretion with whom you enter into trades with. There is a summarized list of trusted traders here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/List-of-Successful-Traders-January-2015/td-p/1852954 Protect yourself in your trades, ask questions (such as where an item was purchased), ask for additional photos (to show level of usage and/or labeling to prove authenticity).
If you don’t feel 100% comfortable doing a trade because someone is new, you can request they send their items first.

Communication
Please use the private message system on Beauty Talk and/or tag the user you are trying to get in touch with. Communication is key! You can tell a lot about a trade by how the communication goes. If you will be unavailable for any periods of time, please be up front, and if there are any issues with shipping please be up front about that as well.

Delivery
Having tracking and insurance on shipments goes a long way to figuring out where an item might be. The USPS puts anticipated delivery dates and tracking numbers right on the receipt. If there is any issue with an item you have sent out, please follow up with the carrier.

SUCCESSFUL TRADE EXPERIENCES?
Consider providing your feedback on successful trades on this thread here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Successful-Trades-or-TSB-Experiences/td-p/1012387

**the previous thread can be found here: Subscription box photo sharing

Re: Not yet @Tamara76. I'm going to swatch it and try it out...

@Lazybeautybeast I am pretty pale, so I like to use bronzers for contouring - I use an angled brush and do the "3" shape around the sides of my face and my cheekbones.  Then I layer on my blush and highlighter and I'm good to go!   Good luck! ❤️

Re: Finally!! I have mixed feelings about this box. I've been...

@Lazybeautybeast Glad you got your box!

I completely understand your reaction.  Not sure if you would agree but it feels like this month was thrown together last minute.  Perhaps it's because we are in the holiday season that more was expected?

Lackluster and uninspiring are the words that immediately come to mind even if the overall value (or the value of the few items we might like) are technically the price of the box..... 

I agree. The theme didn't really match the box in my opin...

I agree. The theme didn't really match the box in my opinion. I mean the lip and the mascara I guess but everything else not really. January is looking good though. Maybe they were more concerned about the LE box mess.

Re: Finally!! I have mixed feelings about this box. I've been...

I agree! I think the last few boxes were such highs this is a bit of a let down - luckily January is looking good so far 

RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Here’s my Ipsy! I always prefer brushes and skincare in my bags but that Pixi eyeshadow duo is actually really pretty! I think I’ll be using it more than I thought I would! Now I just need my Play! And Allure to come. Lol

Re: RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

@darlyndar Nice bag!  Dragon's Blood Pumpkin Serum is probably one of the most interesting sounding products I've seen in a while... 😉 

@Tamara76 I actually really like it! It’s basically a hylauronic acid serum with some other goodies in it. I’ve been using it everyday and I really enjoy it! It does have a more musky, manly scent to it but doesn’t last on the skin at all. 

Ohhhh - Thanks for the review!  I'll have to check it out!!! ❤️   @darlyndar

ooh I like the eyeshadow too! looks pretty! and of course cute bag!

Nice! I've always been really curious about N*p + Fab! Also why is N*P a bad word lol???

@Kim888 ~ IKR? We've been contemplating it, just downright funny 😂

@darlyndar~ That duo sure is cute, ha ha!. I'm super curious about that Plumping Serum though, and would love to know what you think of it if you decide to try it out 😄

My Ipsy is late 😢 I love yours though, I would totally w...

My Ipsy is late 😢 I love yours though, I would totally wear that eyeshadow!

Re: My Ipsy is late 😢 I love yours though, I would totally w...

@GG84~ Aww, sorry yours is late. Hope you get it soon!

RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Y’all! I have no idea how Play! is going to top ipsy for me this month. I am obsessed with this bag 😍 The bag itself is really cute too which is a nice bonus. What I got: 2 purlisse sheer masks The Coffee Scrub in Coconut Luxie 239 Precision Shader Trestique Mini Brow Pencil in Espresso Lisa Frank x Glamour Dolls Matte Eyeshadow in Hearthrob Ofra Liquid Lipstick in Ipsy Unzipped

Have you tried the shadow yet?  So curious about what it looks like! Post a swatch??

OMG!   Your Ipsy bag is amazing this month, girl!!!!  @Mcakes

I've been dying to try the Coffee Scrub - seems like I see it everywhere!  And I hadn't seen the Lisa Frank eyeshadow yet - so cute!   Plus, I love Purlisse masks!!!  Enjoy!!!! ❤️

like what you've received in your ipsy bag... so many goodies^^

And the award for bag of the year just might go to Ipsy because it is seriously cute!

Very nice selection of items and that coffee scrub has me curious!  I used to make my own back when I worked at a coffee place in college but haven't since.  Please update with how you like everything @Mcakes

I think so too @ElleElleG! I definitely will report back, I've been wanting to try these coffee scrubs but can't bring myself to tear open the cute packaging 😛 I'll use scissors 😄

@Mcakes~ Ooh, I like what you received in your Ipsy bag! In addition, I really dig the background you set the items on! 😛 Unicorns & Donuts! 😄

5,638 Replies
testing