Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Hi All! 

We are long overdue for an updated Subscription Sharing thread!  Whether it's BoxyCharm, Ipsy, or PopSugar we want to hear (and see) all about what you are subscribed to.

giphy

Interested in trading with other users?  Here are some things you need to know from @SydBristow and her trade threads:

Spoiler

IMPORTANT NOTE: To comply with Sephora's terms of use, items cannot be listed "for sale" or even for trade for Sephora or other gift cards. Please do not list "prices" either (which implies selling), but you can list approximate trade value.

Because a number of fake items have been sent in trades, it is strongly advised you provide photos of your higher-end items, including the labeling (you may be asked for it anyway) and list WHERE you purchased the item from. Fakes are readily available from less reputable sellers and can contain toxins! It is important to everyone to know where their cosmetics come from.

Please also be aware that some makeup products cannot be sanitized - please use caution in your trades. When in doubt, ask the community, it's a great resource! Used items you may wish to avoid are mascara, liquid eyeliner, lip glosses, and cream products.

Acquiring Items
Please use discretion with whom you enter into trades with. There is a summarized list of trusted traders here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/List-of-Successful-Traders-January-2015/td-p/1852954 Protect yourself in your trades, ask questions (such as where an item was purchased), ask for additional photos (to show level of usage and/or labeling to prove authenticity).
If you don’t feel 100% comfortable doing a trade because someone is new, you can request they send their items first.

Communication
Please use the private message system on Beauty Talk and/or tag the user you are trying to get in touch with. Communication is key! You can tell a lot about a trade by how the communication goes. If you will be unavailable for any periods of time, please be up front, and if there are any issues with shipping please be up front about that as well.

Delivery
Having tracking and insurance on shipments goes a long way to figuring out where an item might be. The USPS puts anticipated delivery dates and tracking numbers right on the receipt. If there is any issue with an item you have sent out, please follow up with the carrier.

SUCCESSFUL TRADE EXPERIENCES?
Consider providing your feedback on successful trades on this thread here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Successful-Trades-or-TSB-Experiences/td-p/1012387

**the previous thread can be found here: Subscription box photo sharing

Re: RE: Re: RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Ah, that's good to know!  Thanks, @Kim888 

Re: RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

I was really excited to see that ND was in the box on MSA and considered trying for it but the mini tropic is the only one I don't have and there's a reason for that! Just not my colors. Pass!

RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

@Lazybeautybeast what do you think?

@Lazybeautybeast I agree with you. This isn’t a bad box for $39. I need to make final decisions about my subscriptions. I know I need to cancel play! and probably allure. It’s not worth it to me. @imaster I know I was supposed to cancel play! a long time ago but I haven’t. Smh.

It doesn't look bad @KNC. For the first box, this is a gr...

It doesn't look bad @KNC. For the first box, this is a great offering. The price is a little higher than I'd like but not a bad value. I stilldon't plan on subscribing. I like the mix of high end and indie brands. And the fact that they are launching a new bite product is impressive. I'm excited to see how the box does.

Erin Condren seasonal surprise box. Overall a good box, although I was hoping for a more Christmas/winter holiday cover. My favorite item is the sparkly rose gold pen 😂🤷🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️ with the intention and goals journal being my second favorite.

@CC3616 thanks for this post!!! I just looking at getting a life planner and came across this.

Re: RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

@KNC24 you're welcome! I loved my life planner but didn't have as much to keep track of (now out of school, don't have work projects/meetings etc to track, no kids) and downsized this year to the deluxe monthly. EC makes great planners and if you are okay with keeping with the brand rather than jumping around every year there's lots of cute goodies to invest in. The seasonal surprise box goes on sale each season and has to be purchased each time, there's a sticker subscription also that automatically ships (monthly?)

For the TrendMood box. I will be not be a subscription box. Every month you will have to try to get the box. First box dropping this month. Day has not been disclosed yet. The boxes will slightly vary. Within the month and every month. It will be a variation of skincare, makeup, and lifestyle (not sure about the last one). Here is the first sneak peek.

I'm not subscripting either @KNC24 but I can't wait to se...

I'm not subscripting either @KNC24 but I can't wait to see what people get and how the rollout goes. I saw brand spoilers today. In addition to OH, ND, Bite Beauty, Innbeauty project, and elcie cosmetics will be featured.

RE: I'm not subscripting either @KNC24 but I can't wait to se...

@Lazybeautybeast it’s going to be interesting to see what the variations look like. I’ll try to get her first box. I think she’s helping brands get rid of inventory though. I kinda feel like ND is having a surplus issues. She’s doing in Boxycharm and now TrendMood. This is not to say that ppl don’t buy her products. I think her sales have decreased. Just a thought.

Pleasantly surprised with my first Macy's Beauty Box! Also came with a $5 off coupon.

Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

I'm pretty happy with my boxy premiumIMG_20191210_091022976.jpg

Spoiler
Storybook cosmetics$55 glow recipe $39 Natasha denona lip liner$18 Avant night cream $134... Now this idk about,,I can't find it online, makes me curious why it's in this box and the price just seems rather high, basic beauty highlighters$30 and bite beauty agave nighttime lip therapy $22 total alleged value $298.00 😲

RE: Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

@imaster I’m still waiting on my box. ☹️. I’m hoping not to get a dud.

Re: RE: Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

So far @KNC24 I've had a good experience with the boxy premium, fingers crossed for you 🤞

I think this box looks great for the Storybook Cosmetics alone! @lmaster.

It's so beautiful @curlychiquita thrilled it was included in this premium, thanks!!

I have mixed feelings about my first Boxy Premium. Happy to get the glow recipe moisturizer. I loved it over the summer. The Laneige eye mask is new to me and I'm glad to get the Skin fix eczema balm; my BF has been having issues with the dry weather so I am going to give it to him. I won't use the KVD cake liner so I have already gifted it. The DoC palette is pretty but the pan layout drives me nuts. I was hoping for the ND Cranberry palette instead. The glow palette is not bad but it didn't wow me. All in all, I was going to purchase the glow recipe moisturizer eventually so it was worth it for me this month. But not sure how long I'll keep Premium.

This box is not as exciting @Lazybeautybeast. The next couple of boxes need to be better

Ipsy Black Friday Mystery Bag & black Friday deal. 😍😍😍😍these brushes & I get as many as I can get my hands on but I cant help to think I was getting a lot of repeat brushes but different shades/glitter until I saw these irl. Nothing like I have in my collection yet!😘😘😘😘💖

@sonnydee yes girl yes! those bushes 😍

@sonnydee yes girl yes! those bushes 😍
5,636 Replies
testing