Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Hi All! 

We are long overdue for an updated Subscription Sharing thread!  Whether it's BoxyCharm, Ipsy, or PopSugar we want to hear (and see) all about what you are subscribed to.

giphy

Interested in trading with other users?  Here are some things you need to know from @SydBristow and her trade threads:

Spoiler

IMPORTANT NOTE: To comply with Sephora's terms of use, items cannot be listed "for sale" or even for trade for Sephora or other gift cards. Please do not list "prices" either (which implies selling), but you can list approximate trade value.

Because a number of fake items have been sent in trades, it is strongly advised you provide photos of your higher-end items, including the labeling (you may be asked for it anyway) and list WHERE you purchased the item from. Fakes are readily available from less reputable sellers and can contain toxins! It is important to everyone to know where their cosmetics come from.

Please also be aware that some makeup products cannot be sanitized - please use caution in your trades. When in doubt, ask the community, it's a great resource! Used items you may wish to avoid are mascara, liquid eyeliner, lip glosses, and cream products.

Acquiring Items
Please use discretion with whom you enter into trades with. There is a summarized list of trusted traders here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/List-of-Successful-Traders-January-2015/td-p/1852954 Protect yourself in your trades, ask questions (such as where an item was purchased), ask for additional photos (to show level of usage and/or labeling to prove authenticity).
If you don’t feel 100% comfortable doing a trade because someone is new, you can request they send their items first.

Communication
Please use the private message system on Beauty Talk and/or tag the user you are trying to get in touch with. Communication is key! You can tell a lot about a trade by how the communication goes. If you will be unavailable for any periods of time, please be up front, and if there are any issues with shipping please be up front about that as well.

Delivery
Having tracking and insurance on shipments goes a long way to figuring out where an item might be. The USPS puts anticipated delivery dates and tracking numbers right on the receipt. If there is any issue with an item you have sent out, please follow up with the carrier.

SUCCESSFUL TRADE EXPERIENCES?
Consider providing your feedback on successful trades on this thread here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Successful-Trades-or-TSB-Experiences/td-p/1012387

**the previous thread can be found here: Subscription box photo sharing

Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

@ElleElleG I've already sent them an email with the photo of my broken palette

( dmed their IG too!)

what if I don't have my boxycharm box to show them my tracking number ? I needed to use that box to send things to someone so I don't have the box anymore... does that mean I cannot receive a replacement for my broken palette? Should I send a photo of all the products I've received in my jan boxycharm? ? this way they know I've received a box from them? ...

Good luck! They totally gave me trouble because the pallet covered up the name and date! I was like what the heck?! I am not trying to scam you for a off brand blush pallet! Seriously, I didn’t notice the edge of the pallet covered part of the address etc. They told me next time they won’t send a replacement. I was shocked! 

@imbeautiful Oh my goodness so sorry to hear you had tough time receiving your replacement... hearing your story makes me scared about receiving a replacement from them for my broken palette! when did this happen? 

Twice in the last 6months. If it was any other sub box I would’ve cancelled! The only reason I didn’t is I love getting full size items. I have twin 18 year olds so I share a lot with them. The last time it happened was 2months ago. They’ve been having a lot of trouble with people getting broken pallets it seems. They do a good job packaging the boxes so I think someone during the process is being rough with the boxes, after they are packaged to be mailed. 

Wait until they get back to you before sending them another message (I've heard it throws off the timeline they're supposed to respond in; not sure how accurate that is though).

Did you receive their email with tracking info?  That might work, or if you have a FedEx account you should be able to take a screenshot of the tracking details which should also note your address?  Worth a shot. Not sure what happens if you don't take a photo of your item & the shipping label though @mezzotown88

@ElleElleG I think I'm going to do that! wait for them to reply me back( I did receive their email w/tracking info- still have the email in my inbox)

Keep me posted, I hope it all works out! @mezzotown88

Cute blanket @mezzotown88! The lippies don't seem impress...

Cute blanket @mezzotown88! The lippies don't seem impressive to me this month. I love matte lippies but the pictures of the colors I've seen seem meh. Hope you get a replacement palette.

Re: Cute blanket @mezzotown88! The lippies don't seem impress...

@Lazybeautybeast It's a scarf ..Thanks ^_^ found it at my local TJ maxx

Awesome find!

@ElleElleG Thanks I wanted to get the black one too but the black one was already gone when I went back to the store a day later to get the scarves.

I haven’t tried on my lippie, but I watched a swatch review and it looks like it may be pretty!

DFE5889C-0337-4BE6-8DAB-646123933421.jpeg

ooooh!  This color looks amazing @JessyAnne...thanks for sharing!  

RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Boxycharm came today!!! I’m pleasantly surprised by the eyeshadow palette. All shimmers except for the matte black. I’m s shimmer fiend and they’re very buttery! The highlighter/bronzer/blush is sooooooo nice!!! I would never use that as an actual blush cause it’s just way too pigmented and shimmery for my liking, but as an eyeshadow??? Yes, please!!! It’s right up my alley!!! I love the illuminating primer already, so I’m glad I have a full size backup. The brow pencil is great and I’ve already owned a few. The lippie...again, I’m into bullet lipsticks so that will be gifted to my son’s girlfriend. Overall, I’m very pleased with this month’s box! All I need now is for Play! and Allure to arrive! ❤️❤️❤️

Re: RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

@darlyndar Wow! Looks like a great box!

I just got mine, too! The PÜR cheek palette is crazy pigmented !

RE: Re: RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

@JessyAnne Too pigmented! Lol! That blush shade would make me look like a clown! I seriously can’t wait to use it on my eyes, though!

Re: RE: Re: RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

I would be scared to touch my cheek with that stuff 😂😂😂 but yeah, it’s going to look so pretty on the eyes 😍

i haven't received my shipping email yet!  soooo impatient!

EEk!! I love it @darlyndar! Mine is delayed until Wednesday. ☹️ The label was created Mon then it just sat until yesterday when FedEx finally picked it up. The anticipation it killing me! 

RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Looks great!
5,638 Replies
testing