Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Hi All! 

We are long overdue for an updated Subscription Sharing thread!  Whether it's BoxyCharm, Ipsy, or PopSugar we want to hear (and see) all about what you are subscribed to.

giphy

Interested in trading with other users?  Here are some things you need to know from @SydBristow and her trade threads:

Spoiler

IMPORTANT NOTE: To comply with Sephora's terms of use, items cannot be listed "for sale" or even for trade for Sephora or other gift cards. Please do not list "prices" either (which implies selling), but you can list approximate trade value.

Because a number of fake items have been sent in trades, it is strongly advised you provide photos of your higher-end items, including the labeling (you may be asked for it anyway) and list WHERE you purchased the item from. Fakes are readily available from less reputable sellers and can contain toxins! It is important to everyone to know where their cosmetics come from.

Please also be aware that some makeup products cannot be sanitized - please use caution in your trades. When in doubt, ask the community, it's a great resource! Used items you may wish to avoid are mascara, liquid eyeliner, lip glosses, and cream products.

Acquiring Items
Please use discretion with whom you enter into trades with. There is a summarized list of trusted traders here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/List-of-Successful-Traders-January-2015/td-p/1852954 Protect yourself in your trades, ask questions (such as where an item was purchased), ask for additional photos (to show level of usage and/or labeling to prove authenticity).
If you don’t feel 100% comfortable doing a trade because someone is new, you can request they send their items first.

Communication
Please use the private message system on Beauty Talk and/or tag the user you are trying to get in touch with. Communication is key! You can tell a lot about a trade by how the communication goes. If you will be unavailable for any periods of time, please be up front, and if there are any issues with shipping please be up front about that as well.

Delivery
Having tracking and insurance on shipments goes a long way to figuring out where an item might be. The USPS puts anticipated delivery dates and tracking numbers right on the receipt. If there is any issue with an item you have sent out, please follow up with the carrier.

SUCCESSFUL TRADE EXPERIENCES?
Consider providing your feedback on successful trades on this thread here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Successful-Trades-or-TSB-Experiences/td-p/1012387

**the previous thread can be found here: Subscription box photo sharing

i have enjoyed ipsy @Zvezdochka Ive had it for a couple o...

i have enjoyed ipsy @Zvezdochka Ive had it for a couple of years now. I have found quite a few of indie brands that I have a space in my collection for-Delectable, Iby, Nomad to name a few. Enjoy! & find a use for the bags that works, they pile up quick. 😍

Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Nice haul, @sonnydee!! I like the Space Case aesthetic!! Enjoy!!

thanks @haleyvvvv

thanks @haleyvvvv

Ipsy Glam Bag Plus came today. What came in bag [w/bag] opposite side my addons. 😍

@sonnydee  Oooo those swatches are so pretty.

Oooh, that purple palette is so pretty, @sonnydee!! All of these swatches are great!! Add-ons always get me. Enjoy your goodies!!

@haleyvvvv i agree the neutral palette was disappointing...

@haleyvvvv i agree the neutral palette was disappointing because its so dupable but that purple palette💜😍 actually pretty unique in my stash

RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Nice! The vineyard shadows look really pretty for summer. Enjoy @sonnydee!

thank you 💜@Amakened it is so pretty

thank you 💜@Amakened it is so pretty

Here is my Boxy Premium. It's way better than my base box but I'm stillnot feeling very great about it. It's nice but I can't do the mascara. I know it's Kevyn Aucoin but I have very stubborn asian lashes that only waterproof can hold my curl. I like everything else, it's just the mascara and probably because I'm still bummed out about my base.

@NinaNee I'd be willing to trade you,, what were you looking for?

@lmaster I'm really open to anything for the mascara. Message me with whatever you have to trade.

Oh bummer, @NinaNee, I'm sorry you're not feeling your box. You can see if anyone wants to trade the mascara (I think the two faced palette was the other variation for this item) in one of the Facebook groups, maybe? The picture is gorgeous and I hope the other stuff works super well!!

@haleyvvvv Thanks, I just snap this picture quickly as the kids were in "recess" and I had a little break for myself. I didn't notice the KVD liner wasn't fully facing up until hours later. 

I was so negative about my boxes the other day but looking at it now, my premium is actually pretty good. My base still has me bummed though but I've actually seen a box worst than mines. Wishing for great boxes for next month since it's my birthday month.

I usually try to be very positive with my boxycharm but this variation just sucks. I'm bummed as ever. I'm so jealous of all the other products that I didn't receive. I'm a palette junkie but 2? Also the crown one at that too? Of course I love the Hourglass highlighting stick (my choice). The nail polish is the next best thing and I'm just feeling ok with it. The Beauty Creation palette is alright but eh...the Crown palette was sent out in the summer of 2018. I didn't receive it at that time but really? Come on now. I'm very sensitive to fragrance and even though it smells ok I'd rather not have it. I really wanted either 1 of the Haus Laboratories liner, Jouer lip gloss, Pretty Vulgar eyeshadow primer or Trestique concealer. Hell I'd take the shampoo bar that everyone is so unhappy with, I was very intrigued by it. I'd take any of the KVD products, Gerald lip liner, false lashes, any lip product. I can't even get charms for reviewing the crown palette cause there isn't a option to. I know I'm being so negative but I just had such high expectations this month. Sorry I just needed to vent.

Ooof, I'm sorry, @NinaNee!! I'm glad you at least love the hourglass highlighter. I can't believe they gave you two similarly toned eye shadow palettes 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️. Fingers crossed for next month!!

@haleyvvvv I understand with everything going on maybe it...

@haleyvvvv I understand with everything going on maybe it was harder for boxy to receive their products thus making them use the inventory of past product but I feel like they should have split all the old inventory evenly among all of the boxes. Then spread evenly all the new and hot ticket items that were non choice items.

Re: @haleyvvvv I understand with everything going on maybe it...

Yes, agreed, @NinaNee!! 

@NinaNee That's a bummer. The notes on the perfume sound interesting. I do agree the nail polish is pretty. 

@Samtian the perfume does smell good but I'm just so sens...

@Samtian the perfume does smell good but I'm just so sensitive to smells. I also do love me a red nail polish but I already have to many, I guess another one doesn't hurt but I don't do pink.

Re: @Samtian the perfume does smell good but I'm just so sens...

@NinaNee Hopefully the next one is better!

5,636 Replies
testing