Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Hi All! 

We are long overdue for an updated Subscription Sharing thread!  Whether it's BoxyCharm, Ipsy, or PopSugar we want to hear (and see) all about what you are subscribed to.

giphy

Interested in trading with other users?  Here are some things you need to know from @SydBristow and her trade threads:

Spoiler

IMPORTANT NOTE: To comply with Sephora's terms of use, items cannot be listed "for sale" or even for trade for Sephora or other gift cards. Please do not list "prices" either (which implies selling), but you can list approximate trade value.

Because a number of fake items have been sent in trades, it is strongly advised you provide photos of your higher-end items, including the labeling (you may be asked for it anyway) and list WHERE you purchased the item from. Fakes are readily available from less reputable sellers and can contain toxins! It is important to everyone to know where their cosmetics come from.

Please also be aware that some makeup products cannot be sanitized - please use caution in your trades. When in doubt, ask the community, it's a great resource! Used items you may wish to avoid are mascara, liquid eyeliner, lip glosses, and cream products.

Acquiring Items
Please use discretion with whom you enter into trades with. There is a summarized list of trusted traders here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/List-of-Successful-Traders-January-2015/td-p/1852954 Protect yourself in your trades, ask questions (such as where an item was purchased), ask for additional photos (to show level of usage and/or labeling to prove authenticity).
If you don’t feel 100% comfortable doing a trade because someone is new, you can request they send their items first.

Communication
Please use the private message system on Beauty Talk and/or tag the user you are trying to get in touch with. Communication is key! You can tell a lot about a trade by how the communication goes. If you will be unavailable for any periods of time, please be up front, and if there are any issues with shipping please be up front about that as well.

Delivery
Having tracking and insurance on shipments goes a long way to figuring out where an item might be. The USPS puts anticipated delivery dates and tracking numbers right on the receipt. If there is any issue with an item you have sent out, please follow up with the carrier.

SUCCESSFUL TRADE EXPERIENCES?
Consider providing your feedback on successful trades on this thread here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Successful-Trades-or-TSB-Experiences/td-p/1012387

**the previous thread can be found here: Subscription box photo sharing

Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Oh wow, so fast, @sonnydee!! I feel like the only thing IPSY did well this month was to get the GBP out quickly. I hope everything ends up working!!

I'm kinda glad you get to see all your options (the 3) right away but at the same time- it's disappointing, because I wasn't thrilled with anything & if there was a pause button (  & I didn't redeem points) i wouldve paused Aug. GP. They changed the addon days for GP back to 2nd & 3rd btw. Which was a selling point they used, get add-ons a day early on the 1st. I guess to many regular G bags complained- I looked on the 2nd & there wasn't that much left. @haleyvvvv i would complain via email about the money lost. Maybe get some points out of it or something😜

@sonnydee Isn't there a skip this month? Or is that only for regular Glam Bag? I guess y'all didn't get to pick until after $ was taken. Hopefully next month choice will be before money is taken out.

I don't mind picking on the 2 or 3 for add-ons, since *theoretically* it is a separate pool of products, according to their website. They just didn't switch over to the separate pool when GB when to pick and then once it was fixed a lot of us couldn't put an order through and if you'd already purchased add-ons it wouldn't let anyone go back and change their order. It was just a bit of a mess.

I did get like 1200 points but honestly, I would've rather just had my product. Maybe it'll be available next month too, lolol.

Detox box for August 2020 is a summer themed box named Vacation. I ex and it has a mix of some really cool brands and products. Total retail value of this box is C$182

3DFCB8A0-8A72-431A-9880-104BCBA85C04.jpeg

Oooh, nice box, @fatimamummy!! I'm curious about Captain Blakenship. Enjoy!!

My July Premium. I like everything minus the bag, I've already given it away. I'm contemplating if I should keep the Morphe palette or not.

We are premium box twins, @NinaNee!! I can't believe that bag was in there, but overall it was okay. I think I'm going to get rid of my palette.

@haleyvvvv Yes that bag, glad Boxy knows that it was a mistake to have it as an item and are not going to be doing it again. I had the email survey with most of these products a while back and with every variation that has that bag I put down that the bag a big no. I still have the Morphe palette but I'm gonna be honest, I will never reach for it so I should pass it along to any one of my nieces especially because my palette drawer is packed and I had to take up another drawer. I'm in palette overload but it's hard cause I'm a palette junkie lol

I wish they did a little something for those of us that got the bag (I dunno even some charms?), @NinaNee!! I'm becoming a bit of a palette fiend myself, but I've recently started to get a lot better (because I have a lot, to me at least) about passing along the ones I'm not excited about. Its hard, especially if it was a like a decent, high ticket item on the box, makes me feel like I should keep to make sure I'm getting my worth from the box. So selling them or gifting them helps with that feeling for me. If it is something you aren't reaching for, that is probably a sign; but also, if you like it and just haven't gotten around to it, no reason not to keep it.

My July Boxycharm base box. I only like 2 products, lash serum and color switch. I'm sensitive to coconut and have only been able to use one product that has coconut and it's ABH Dewy. I'm not going to test the Ciate one out. The Pur and Ace Beaute palettes are just eh, doesn't wow me. Most likely I'll pass these 3 along to someone. Also I can't even give a review for the Pur palette because there's no option. Still waiting for my Premium box.

Was that PUR palette even one of the advertised ones? So weird it was included in your box. I thought it was supposed to be the festival v 2 or one of the ace palettes. I'm sorry your box was a disappointment, @NinaNee!!

@haleyvvvv this Pur palette wasn't part of it. I got the...

@haleyvvvv this Pur palette wasn't part of it. I got the Ace Beaute Bronzer Palette. I've looked on IG and only saw 1 other person get this palette, I didn't see any on the fb group I am in. I'm kinda bummed that the variations with the lash serum wasn't as good as the others. I really wanted Hourglass but I was fine if I didn't get it but when I saw this Pur palette I was so disappointed. I'm only keeping 2 items and giving 3 away.

I can’t recall when was the last time I posted my one and only subscription here so I’m going to post last three months’ detox boxes here if it lets me post the photos.

First here is the most recent July 2020 box with the featured brand 100%pure. 
Total retail value of this box is C$184 

It contains Five products in total.

- Eyeliner

-Mascara

-Eye masks (set of 5)

-Eye cream

- Vitamin C serum

F9C8CAFF-2EE1-4938-BADB-6055E0685AD6.jpeg

These are all such lovely looking boxes, @fatimamummy. I hope the products worked well!!

June 2020 box featured a Toronto based clean skincare line Graydon Skincare and total value of the box was C$136 with two full size products.

-Full moon serum

-Super sensitive skin stuff (moisturizer)

64E13687-EB37-4DB0-8369-03E6B400EC4C.jpeg00EE22FD-FAA7-4BA9-8DA6-863780DE8623.jpeg

Detox box for May 2020 had a retail value of C$198 and it featured yet another clean Organic skincare Brand “One love organics” 

Three full sized products in this box were

-Botanical A facial cleanser

-Botanical B Enzyme cleansing oil

-Botanical C Facial serum

D9110279-207E-4A80-92F3-3EF79CA3156A.jpeg

RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

I can’t wait until I’m getting my July ipsy bag!! So excited!!! 😊

Lol, my very delayed posting of my very delayed June Ipsy Glam Bag + Add-Ons

20200709_113527.jpg

 Glam Bag

20200709_113656.jpg

 Add-Ons

love your addons! already tried the hanalei papaya & the...

love your addons! already tried the hanalei papaya & the coffee scrub is a life saver@haleyvvvv sorry to hear about the delay hope it doesn't become a thing. they had a few hiccups with me but not lately. knockonwood

Re: love your addons! already tried the hanalei papaya & the...

Thanks, @sonnydee!! Definitely love that coffee scrub and am looking forward to these masks. They've been wonky for me since I moved in November. I don't mind things being delayed, especially with the pandemic and shipping to Canada, at least it arrived!!

Boxyluxe (June 2020, Oasis)Plus a Nars lippie I picked up from a boxy swap groupPlus a Nars lippie I picked up from a boxy swap group

Spoiler
Definitely think this still has the value, but this was kinda a miss for me. Or not really a miss, I'm just not vibing with it as much as my past luxe boxes.

I really like the pink swell bottle (my choice) and am looking forward to the honey mask, eye balm and primer. The lippies are pretty but the liners aren't the smoothest. I can sell/trade/gift the palette easily, thankfully. Blah to the face wash and overpriced brush sets. I'm just not very excited about anything.
3 Replies
testing