Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Hi All! 

We are long overdue for an updated Subscription Sharing thread!  Whether it's BoxyCharm, Ipsy, or PopSugar we want to hear (and see) all about what you are subscribed to.

giphy

Interested in trading with other users?  Here are some things you need to know from @SydBristow and her trade threads:

Spoiler

IMPORTANT NOTE: To comply with Sephora's terms of use, items cannot be listed "for sale" or even for trade for Sephora or other gift cards. Please do not list "prices" either (which implies selling), but you can list approximate trade value.

Because a number of fake items have been sent in trades, it is strongly advised you provide photos of your higher-end items, including the labeling (you may be asked for it anyway) and list WHERE you purchased the item from. Fakes are readily available from less reputable sellers and can contain toxins! It is important to everyone to know where their cosmetics come from.

Please also be aware that some makeup products cannot be sanitized - please use caution in your trades. When in doubt, ask the community, it's a great resource! Used items you may wish to avoid are mascara, liquid eyeliner, lip glosses, and cream products.

Acquiring Items
Please use discretion with whom you enter into trades with. There is a summarized list of trusted traders here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/List-of-Successful-Traders-January-2015/td-p/1852954 Protect yourself in your trades, ask questions (such as where an item was purchased), ask for additional photos (to show level of usage and/or labeling to prove authenticity).
If you donโ€™t feel 100% comfortable doing a trade because someone is new, you can request they send their items first.

Communication
Please use the private message system on Beauty Talk and/or tag the user you are trying to get in touch with. Communication is key! You can tell a lot about a trade by how the communication goes. If you will be unavailable for any periods of time, please be up front, and if there are any issues with shipping please be up front about that as well.

Delivery
Having tracking and insurance on shipments goes a long way to figuring out where an item might be. The USPS puts anticipated delivery dates and tracking numbers right on the receipt. If there is any issue with an item you have sent out, please follow up with the carrier.

SUCCESSFUL TRADE EXPERIENCES?
Consider providing your feedback on successful trades on this thread here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Successful-Trades-or-TSB-Experiences/td-p/1012387

**the previous thread can be found here: Subscription box photo sharing

@haleyvvvv yes I agree with you. I feel like this Luxe di...

@haleyvvvv yes I agree with you. I feel like this Luxe didn't have the wow factor. Everything is nice but there was nothing that really blew my mind.

Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Boxycharm Premium (Oasis, June 2020)20200627_171432~2.jpg

Spoiler
I feel like I keep winning Boxycharm. I'm largely happy with my box. Honestly though, I wanted the Glow Recipe avocado retinol sleeping mask, and that made the price of the box worth it for me. I chose the primer, but only because I wasn't sure what milk glow was in my last month's box and I didn't want a duplicate, but eye primer is an every day thing. I'm intrigued by the masks and I'll use the body wash. I was always going to trade the contour palette. I'm glad i got the overpriced baddington brushes instead of the overpriced billion dollars brows brushes, but I might also trade or lass these along. Its a 4/5 for me.

Oh I like your variation @haleyvvvv I will have to agree with you that the overpriced Battington brushes are better than the BDB ones. I am still holding on to my BDB brush, I may pass it along to one of my nieces if I don't use it in a month or so and honestly I haven't used my Battington ones either. The masks looks nice, I like those rubbery type of mask (if it is). My favorite masks are the Dr. Jart Rubber Masks. I'm glad that you got your eye primer and Glow Recipe mask. You actually received the pearl primer, I really wanted that one since I have drier eyelids. I think this months boxes are so much better than last month.

Thank you, @NinaNee!! I think the Grace and Stella are hydrogels, which is a type of mask I really like, but I also love the Dr. JART rubber masks!! I was hoping for the matte primer, but I think because my beauty quiz is for dry skin, they sent me the pearl one, even though my eye lids are little oily (but the quiz doesn't get that granular). But definitely as a whole this month is SO much better than last month!!

@haleyvvvv My profile is set at dry skin as well and I got the matte. My lids are on the drier side but where it creases (hooded eyes) can get a little oily during the summer. I'm excited to see next month!

Tribe Beauty Box (June 2020)20200627_170126~2.jpg

Spoiler
These boxes are fairly well curated which is nice. Unlike the past few, though, it just didn't work for me. The palette is nice, but Im never going to use those highlighter shades and that throws me off using the palette. I was so intrigued by the peel off mask, but it smells so strongly of rose just in the mailer that its probably going to not work for me for being too fragrant. The sheet mask stickers are cute but they're going to be a pain to use. The mascara and lippie look nice, but like don't make the box for me. Its just fine, but the past few have been such winners.

@haleyvvvv it's a bummer that this month isn't going to work out too much for you. Hopefully next month will be better.

Thank you, @NinaNee!! 

Glossybox (June 2020, World of Beauty)20200627_170749.jpg

Spoiler
Overall, I'm fairly happy with this Glossybox. The mask looks good, but I'm unlikely to ever pay $18 for a sheet mask, so its nice to get one in this box. The eyeshadow looks nice, but not special, I already have a few open liquid eyeshadows in this shade. So I'm either going to hold off or pass it along. I don't love face wipes, but these are cute and smell nice, I'll add to my neverending pile of face wipes for travel, for when/if we start traveling again. I'm jazzed to try the Korres product, I've been wanting to try the prebiotic line for a while. The serum seems luxe, and this is a half size, so we'll see if it is super plumping and hydrating. Its nice that you get a fair bit of credit back for reviewing the products, so I will be getting a nice discount on the next limited edition box.

@haleyvvvv hoping the serum and Korres works out for you. The liquid eyeshadow looks pretty but like you said no point in opening it if you already have similar colors you're using. 

Thank you, @NinaNee!!

Jeniโ€™s Ice Cream ๐Ÿจ Fatherโ€™s Day Bundle. They contacted me the Friday prior to shipping to let me know one of the flavors was not available-but that my box would still arrive by Sunday, and I would receive an additional free pint for the mix-up๐Ÿคฉ3FA62A22-57B1-40A9-B07B-5CDB86D03562.jpeg

FF34ADF0-54AC-4075-B5C5-3F382C0EDCB0.jpeg

It was packed in dry ice, which kept my daughter busy for a few hours๐Ÿ˜Š, and the pints were completely solid. This was quite a treat and every single flavor was delicious! 

@eshoe Oh wow that is awesome!

@NinaNee it was soooo worth it! Being cooped up inside for months has started to wear on everyone, and this was such a much-needed & yummy diversion๐Ÿ˜Š

Omg! That looks incredible! Who knew?! ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’› @eshoe 

@sister13 I know! Once I started looking around on the site I was thankful to have an excuse to splurge:D 

Ohh my goodness!! @eshoe this would be my meals for the week ๐Ÿคฃ

Well, they were a great morning snack a couple of days this week, @lmaster ๐Ÿ˜‰

@eshoe Wow they look all yummy 

Every single one was delicious, @SportyGirly125. they have dairy-free options, too. 

@eshoe @I heard about this ice cream and they have locations in Los Angeles. Got To make the drive one day. 

1 Reply
testing