Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Hi All! 

We are long overdue for an updated Subscription Sharing thread!  Whether it's BoxyCharm, Ipsy, or PopSugar we want to hear (and see) all about what you are subscribed to.

giphy

Interested in trading with other users?  Here are some things you need to know from @SydBristow and her trade threads:

Spoiler

IMPORTANT NOTE: To comply with Sephora's terms of use, items cannot be listed "for sale" or even for trade for Sephora or other gift cards. Please do not list "prices" either (which implies selling), but you can list approximate trade value.

Because a number of fake items have been sent in trades, it is strongly advised you provide photos of your higher-end items, including the labeling (you may be asked for it anyway) and list WHERE you purchased the item from. Fakes are readily available from less reputable sellers and can contain toxins! It is important to everyone to know where their cosmetics come from.

Please also be aware that some makeup products cannot be sanitized - please use caution in your trades. When in doubt, ask the community, it's a great resource! Used items you may wish to avoid are mascara, liquid eyeliner, lip glosses, and cream products.

Acquiring Items
Please use discretion with whom you enter into trades with. There is a summarized list of trusted traders here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/List-of-Successful-Traders-January-2015/td-p/1852954 Protect yourself in your trades, ask questions (such as where an item was purchased), ask for additional photos (to show level of usage and/or labeling to prove authenticity).
If you donโ€™t feel 100% comfortable doing a trade because someone is new, you can request they send their items first.

Communication
Please use the private message system on Beauty Talk and/or tag the user you are trying to get in touch with. Communication is key! You can tell a lot about a trade by how the communication goes. If you will be unavailable for any periods of time, please be up front, and if there are any issues with shipping please be up front about that as well.

Delivery
Having tracking and insurance on shipments goes a long way to figuring out where an item might be. The USPS puts anticipated delivery dates and tracking numbers right on the receipt. If there is any issue with an item you have sent out, please follow up with the carrier.

SUCCESSFUL TRADE EXPERIENCES?
Consider providing your feedback on successful trades on this thread here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Successful-Trades-or-TSB-Experiences/td-p/1012387

**the previous thread can be found here: Subscription box photo sharing

Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

I'm sorry your box was a disappointment, @Lazybeautybeast! It is weird that there was a palette as a choice option since the Boxy palette was going to go into all of the lux boxes (and some of the regular ones).

RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

@Lazybeautybeast I think there going to try to give away the boxycharm palette. Itโ€™s a brand, in terms of formula, that no one knows so they will have a surplus. I canโ€™t imagine people wanting this palette

My February Boxwalla box. I Have been using these both nonstop since I got them, and my dry winter skin is loving them! My skin feels plump and moisturized and glowy! Iโ€™m mad at myself for not getting another one time box of this one when I had the chance, they are gone now. 

Boxwalla February box, Votary UK.Boxwalla February box, Votary UK.

@sister13, I've seen this brand in Net-a-porter, but hadn't heard anything about them.  Glad to hear you love the products!

@sister13 I've only heard good things about Votary.  I have to look into them.  What a nice box!

Oh wow! That box looks lovely and it's so nice those products have been so caring for your skin, @sister13!

20200229_214332.jpg

My two BoxyCharm regular boxes (one of which cam yesterday, it took forever). Overall happy with the mix of products (only overlap is with the ciate London which was in all boxes). Love the lippie and the foundation worked when I patch tested it (it is a bit hard to work with); I think I'll use the iconic palette for this week's palette of the week. So many tools which is exciting (those face brushes!!).

I'm not sure if this is the correct thread for this, so if it's not I apologise! Please let me know and I'll repost somewhere else. I wanted to share what was in the 2020 Indie Beauty Expo LA Discovery bag. This bag was $195 + 15 shipping. I calculated the total value of the bag at $1,455. It was a workout lugging it into the house, it weighed 15 pounds lol. 38 of my items are full size, and there are 60 items total (not counting the IBE tote and several makeup bags that came with it). A lot of them are clean/ Vegan/ cruelty-free. Most of it is skincare, and there was only one makeup item (a $20 IBY palette) I've only had a chance to try a few things but I've liked everything so far. I'm slightly obsessed with the Huna Revitalize serum, I might have to order more items to try from this brand.

This is really impressive, @Angelex!  You have so many great new things to try!

Thatโ€™s look like an awesome buy! Youโ€™ll have to update us on your favourites!

Wow!!! No such event in Montreal ๐Ÿ˜ฅor I would be all over it !

@Angelex thanks for sharing ! I was quite curious about this bag but it seemed like a really high buy in to not know what i was getting - it looks like it was well worth the money considering how many full sizes there are!

WOW, that's an amazing bag, @Angelex! Congrats! I'm not sure this is the "correct" thread, but I'm just excited to see all that beauty and skincare goodness.

I'm finally getting around to posting my February base Boxy. I hadn't tried the Becca foundation before. I actually like it and the color match is very good, so I'm happy with this box. I was amused that they sent TWO different facial wipes lol. I know one is a cleanser and the FAB is exfoliate/tone, but I still thought "what are you trying to say, Boxy?" The Evio*Aurora ones are hemp wipes. I've been noticing a lot more CBD stuff in beauty lately.

That's a nice box @Angelex! I think Boxy sent a lot of people both the Hemp wipes and the FAB pads; I feel like I'd use them after each other while traveling (wipe away makeup then exfoliate), so it makes more of a routine.

Wasn't sure if you were saying that there's CBD in the Hemp wipes, but there isn't. Hemp skincare products from Canada by definition don't contain more than very trace amounts of CBD (or THC). This product is made by Canadian company, and it is currently not legal to sell skincare with CBD in it here. There is a lot of new skincare though with CBD, luckily for all the US customers.

Thank you so much for the clarification, @haleyvvvv ! I'm pretty unfamiliar with those types of products.  I was giving everything cannabis related to my daughter, but have started trying some of it lately as I'm seeing more and more products, especially in the indie beauty stuff.  I did notice that some of them do say they have cannabis sativa oil but do not contain cbd or thc.  But some things say they do, like my Green Stem bath bomb that says 100 mg cbd.  That's so interesting to find out about CBD not being allowed in Canadian skincare!  Hopefully they'll change that sooner rather than later.

No worries, @Angelex! It's the same plant species as the ones used for THC and CBD, but generaly a different strain. I think products have to explicitly say the content of CBD and or THC on the packaging, so if the ingredient is just cannabis sativa oil, it's likely hemp (which is trace THC and varying CBD-but if it doesn't say how much CBD, then it would be trace). Hemp can also contain high CBD (which makes this all confusing); sorry, I misworded the last post, I meant for skincare from Canada, hemp based products wouldn't contain CBD (as of now, it might change in the future). I think with this fad breaking out, a lot of companies are trying to capitalize on it, and are just including hemp oil to try and catch part of the market, without using the typical active (i.e. CBD). That's not to say that there isn't a benefit to hemp on it's own (it's really strong for instance) or hemp oil. However, it's all understudied currently, but that's excitingly changing! Sorry for the long rant, it is tangentially related to my work so I know a bit about it.

My regular boxycharm arrived like two weeks ago while I was on vacay. Overall I'm happy! After seeing the other variations, I think this was a good one for me. I'm immediately decluttering the Qveen lipstick because I have to many already (let's be real it's a filler product anyway). I might declutter the mascara too because I'm not usually a fan of hourglass shaped wands but I'm going to hold on to it for a little while. Excited to get a pricey Kate Somerville serum!

This is a good box! Especially with the Kate Sommerville, @Lazybeautybeast! It definitely has more makeup than most box variations this month.

So, my ipsy Glam Bag Plus got here. I have been sick so I haven't had the opportunity to try out the products yet but everything is feeling a bit "meh". Hopefully, once I actually get to experimenting, things will turn out to be better than they look now. Wish me luck! ๐Ÿค—

20200211_105916.jpg

February Boxy Premium. Overall I'm happy with 4/6 of the products. The eyeshadow palette is so pretty (not that I needed any more), the blush is gorgeous, I'm excited to try the mist and the lotion is lovely.

testing