Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Hi All! 

We are long overdue for an updated Subscription Sharing thread!  Whether it's BoxyCharm, Ipsy, or PopSugar we want to hear (and see) all about what you are subscribed to.

giphy

Interested in trading with other users?  Here are some things you need to know from @SydBristow and her trade threads:

Spoiler

IMPORTANT NOTE: To comply with Sephora's terms of use, items cannot be listed "for sale" or even for trade for Sephora or other gift cards. Please do not list "prices" either (which implies selling), but you can list approximate trade value.

Because a number of fake items have been sent in trades, it is strongly advised you provide photos of your higher-end items, including the labeling (you may be asked for it anyway) and list WHERE you purchased the item from. Fakes are readily available from less reputable sellers and can contain toxins! It is important to everyone to know where their cosmetics come from.

Please also be aware that some makeup products cannot be sanitized - please use caution in your trades. When in doubt, ask the community, it's a great resource! Used items you may wish to avoid are mascara, liquid eyeliner, lip glosses, and cream products.

Acquiring Items
Please use discretion with whom you enter into trades with. There is a summarized list of trusted traders here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/List-of-Successful-Traders-January-2015/td-p/1852954 Protect yourself in your trades, ask questions (such as where an item was purchased), ask for additional photos (to show level of usage and/or labeling to prove authenticity).
If you don’t feel 100% comfortable doing a trade because someone is new, you can request they send their items first.

Communication
Please use the private message system on Beauty Talk and/or tag the user you are trying to get in touch with. Communication is key! You can tell a lot about a trade by how the communication goes. If you will be unavailable for any periods of time, please be up front, and if there are any issues with shipping please be up front about that as well.

Delivery
Having tracking and insurance on shipments goes a long way to figuring out where an item might be. The USPS puts anticipated delivery dates and tracking numbers right on the receipt. If there is any issue with an item you have sent out, please follow up with the carrier.

SUCCESSFUL TRADE EXPERIENCES?
Consider providing your feedback on successful trades on this thread here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Successful-Trades-or-TSB-Experiences/td-p/1012387

**the previous thread can be found here: Subscription box photo sharing

Ok, I've been a slacker about posting my January boxes, so I apologize in advance for posting several at once lol. My January Boxy base box was meh for me. I guess it's fine for the price, but after I really liked myDec BoxyLuxe, the Jan base box felt like a let down. I've liked the Boxy Premiums you lovely ladies post on here, so I subbed to Premium. I kept the base box sub as well, in order to continue getting the Luxe. Here's my Jan base Boxy

My January replacement for my GBP. Only thing they subbed was Huda Mauve instead of Ruby

Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Ooo the bag looks really nice @sonnydee! Sorry to hear your initial Ipsy bag got lost, but glad to hear you finally got your items! The two Ciate blushes caught my attention - I've only ever tried their lip products so am very curious! Hope you enjoy!

thanks @Guessgal they were my add-ons. Its a good assortm...

thanks @Guessgal they were my add-ons. Its a good assortment but I paused for this month. I think I need to adjust my selections...😐

So...my ipsy glam bag plus has still not arrived (tracking hasn't updated since the 10th) so they are sending me a replacement. I hope my replacement is better than what I was supposed to be getting:

Billion dollar brows kit 😒        

Huda palette in Ruby😔 [not my colors at all]

Hanalei lip treatment😍(have several of these)                   

Jules Smith beauty lip gloss duo😒(1 of the 2 looked promising)

Sugar liquid eyeliner in black 😬(how many black liquid liners do they think we need? I got illamasqua liner last month...) I paused my GBP for next month, dont like the bag & nothing interested me. 

RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

I did a thing and resubbed to Boxycharm. Hope that the boxes will be as good as they were last year! The resub promo of the 2 skincare items was a great incentive and clearly worked for me lol. The colors of the Ace Beaute palette is not my jam, but happy with everything else.

Re: RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

😍Dr brandt @Mcakes if I remember right, it may be a bit rough on gentle skin....

My first Detoxbox arrived last week. It has Ayuna Cellular oil that retails for C$253+tax. Given that the value of this month’s box is amazing. I’m very curious to see what this oil does to my skin. At this price point it has to be a magical product. I have used it 3-4 times so far. The scent is a bit strong but I can’t smell it once it is on my face so I’m ok with that. My skin feels soft and glowy in the morning but not any more than it does with all other products. I believe it takes serums and oils around a month of application before we can actually tell if they are working so jury is still out on it and we will see what difference it makes once I have used it a little longer.

9D85C31A-1332-4712-A962-D9A783F4B9C5.jpeg5651DC80-6F04-4ACA-B52D-1FAB2517DB0D.jpeg

That box always has such an interesting variety/selection of products, @fatimamummy. I haven't tried it yet but I am interested. Hope to see more of this one here.

So true @eshoe  I have been observing it for many months before subscribing and I liked most of their boxes. Can’t wait to see what they send in February box.

Boxycharm Base and Premium Jan 2020 Round 1

Overall pretty happy, especially with the base box! I was hoping for the Dr. Brandt (choice) AND glow recipe AND TF highlighter (although less after this weeks shenanigans), but I don't think anyone has that variant. I have another box coming so hopefully will have the highlighter. I know it has the wrong shade wander beauty coming, lol.

My premium is good, I got the eye shadows I picked and then was jazzed about the Farsali. I'm excited for the Bliss mask and the probiotic cleanser. Wasn't jazzed about the KvD and brow products (just don't do my brows). February is looking excellent and considering the duds some people got in their January boxes its not so bad.

Base boxBase box

Premium boxPremium box

@haleyvvvv Lots of awesome products! Enjoy. 

Best,
Rebecca

Twins boxycharm base box! 😊

@haleyvvvv 

Ipsy rant: so I am subbed to all 3 of their boxes (Glam bag, Glam bag plus, Glam bag Ultimate) and every month I usually pause one or two of the bags depending on the spoilers. Well I got an email stating that some of my points were about to expire so I redeemed them for a Sigma brush. I paused both the Glam bag and the GBP as I got the Ultimate this month due to the Foxybae curling wand being one of the items in my box (I don't need all 3 bags, but it's nice to keep your options open) and the other two boxes didn't wow me. Got my box and no Sigma brush - no biggie. Contacted CS and they told me that in order to redeem my points I have to pay for all 3 bags that month in order to get the item I cash points in on. IMO that's crap - so long story short they gave me back my points that I assumed are expired now and are sending me out a free gift (probably won't use it as their replacements for missing items are usually cruddy) as an apology. I appreciate the gesture, but I think that policy is BS. So just FYI - I guess the moral of the story is that if you want to redeem IPSY points you have to cancel subscriptions to some of their boxes. Makes no sense whatsoever as you'll lose subscribers that way. Oh well. 

Lately they have been so disappointing @niki172 i had all 3 too,, and this month, I cancelled all of them

@lmaster they really have been especially since they released the Ultimate bag. It's really making me think about switching to Boxy.

@niki172 I did! 😆 I went with boxy premium 👍

Do you like it @lmaster ? Was the wait long to get the box?

I love this box @niki172 I subscribed when it first was launched, luckily I didn't have a wait list other than waiting for the first box

Good to know. I know I'd be on the waiting list, but it just might be worth it. That or I've been eyeing Trendmood's box as well. Thanks @lmaster 😊.

Oh yes! That's for the reminder @niki172  I need to keep my eye on that one 🙌

2 Replies
testing