Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Hi All! 

We are long overdue for an updated Subscription Sharing thread!  Whether it's BoxyCharm, Ipsy, or PopSugar we want to hear (and see) all about what you are subscribed to.

giphy

Interested in trading with other users?  Here are some things you need to know from @SydBristow and her trade threads:

Spoiler

IMPORTANT NOTE: To comply with Sephora's terms of use, items cannot be listed "for sale" or even for trade for Sephora or other gift cards. Please do not list "prices" either (which implies selling), but you can list approximate trade value.

Because a number of fake items have been sent in trades, it is strongly advised you provide photos of your higher-end items, including the labeling (you may be asked for it anyway) and list WHERE you purchased the item from. Fakes are readily available from less reputable sellers and can contain toxins! It is important to everyone to know where their cosmetics come from.

Please also be aware that some makeup products cannot be sanitized - please use caution in your trades. When in doubt, ask the community, it's a great resource! Used items you may wish to avoid are mascara, liquid eyeliner, lip glosses, and cream products.

Acquiring Items
Please use discretion with whom you enter into trades with. There is a summarized list of trusted traders here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/List-of-Successful-Traders-January-2015/td-p/1852954 Protect yourself in your trades, ask questions (such as where an item was purchased), ask for additional photos (to show level of usage and/or labeling to prove authenticity).
If you don’t feel 100% comfortable doing a trade because someone is new, you can request they send their items first.

Communication
Please use the private message system on Beauty Talk and/or tag the user you are trying to get in touch with. Communication is key! You can tell a lot about a trade by how the communication goes. If you will be unavailable for any periods of time, please be up front, and if there are any issues with shipping please be up front about that as well.

Delivery
Having tracking and insurance on shipments goes a long way to figuring out where an item might be. The USPS puts anticipated delivery dates and tracking numbers right on the receipt. If there is any issue with an item you have sent out, please follow up with the carrier.

SUCCESSFUL TRADE EXPERIENCES?
Consider providing your feedback on successful trades on this thread here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Successful-Trades-or-TSB-Experiences/td-p/1012387

**the previous thread can be found here: Subscription box photo sharing

RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

My boxycharm box.

Re: RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Good box, @KNC24! I’m curious about the bliss product.

RE: Re: RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

@haleyvvvv I haven’t even been home to try out my box.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Oh no! @KNC24 I hope you get a chance to play with the box soon!

@KNC24 I don't understand why they threw in that KVD lol

@imaster I think it’s cause they can get it super cheap. Kvd is like tarte to me. They had one scandal that really damaged the brand. Neither companies have successfully overcome their pr nightmare

@lmasterlol does anyone? I don’t use her products, but it seems like this keeps happening, where there’s another KVD product a lot of us are trying to offload. I think it’s because a eyeshadow or blush that depending on the TF product picked then you could have a blush + eyeshadow and vice versa.

@haleyvvvv I received the TF eyeshadow palette, and this kvd shadow,,, no blush boooooo 

@lmaster the kvd doubles as a blush

Oooo 🤦 I totally didn't know that!! @haleyvvvv thank you

Oooo that’s a nice box! 

@Angelex thank you.

Nice boxy premium @KNC24! I got pretty much the same box...

Nice boxy premium @KNC24! I got pretty much the same box only difference is I got a Tula cleanser instead of the skinfix. I hope you enjoy every thing!

RE: Nice boxy premium @KNC24! I got pretty much the same box...

@Lazybeautybeast that’s funny how we practically got the same box.

Amazing!!

Nice! Is this Boxyluxe? Do you remember what your preference were? (Skincare, makeup, etc?)

I believe this is a boxy premium @Marathoner422.

I believe this is a boxy premium @Marathoner422.

Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

December's Boxycharm Premium was delivered today, after being sent out a couple days before Christmas.  While others have been posting about their January boxes, I was waiting for my December premium box to show. Yikes. 

Anyway, my choice was not included, and they responded to that email quickly, saying they would send it out. Choices for both charm and premium boxes were not sent in my actual boxes, which is strange.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to trying the Watermelon lotion. However, since it's targeted to oily or combo skin I wonder if it will dry my skin out? I guess I will see. 5 items in this box5 items in this box

Oops, there's actually 6 items in the box- missed the kat von D eyeliner. 

Not sure if these eyeshadow is up my alley, but I have new skincare to try!

Boxycharm has responded to both emails about my missing choices and have great customer service!  Hopefully things will straighten out in my January boxes.  😊😊😊🤞🏻

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

I'm really loving my Macy's Beauty Box subscription! I especially like the Estee Lauder eye advanced night repair (this stuff is amazing, I use it daily already and it's $60 for 15 ml, so a 3 ml sample is awesome!), and the pretty jade roller in my January box. I always like the $5 off coupon that comes in every box, since I love Macy's GWPs so I shop frequently in their beauty department. I'm seriously thinking about cancelling my Play subscription, especially since Sephora stopped doing the bonus rewards points in their boxes.

Owhhh first I’m seeing Macy’s box😍 What is the price point for this and value? Is the $5 coupon good off anything? Thanks!

testing