Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Hi All! 

We are long overdue for an updated Subscription Sharing thread!  Whether it's BoxyCharm, Ipsy, or PopSugar we want to hear (and see) all about what you are subscribed to.

giphy

Interested in trading with other users?  Here are some things you need to know from @SydBristow and her trade threads:

Spoiler

IMPORTANT NOTE: To comply with Sephora's terms of use, items cannot be listed "for sale" or even for trade for Sephora or other gift cards. Please do not list "prices" either (which implies selling), but you can list approximate trade value.

Because a number of fake items have been sent in trades, it is strongly advised you provide photos of your higher-end items, including the labeling (you may be asked for it anyway) and list WHERE you purchased the item from. Fakes are readily available from less reputable sellers and can contain toxins! It is important to everyone to know where their cosmetics come from.

Please also be aware that some makeup products cannot be sanitized - please use caution in your trades. When in doubt, ask the community, it's a great resource! Used items you may wish to avoid are mascara, liquid eyeliner, lip glosses, and cream products.

Acquiring Items
Please use discretion with whom you enter into trades with. There is a summarized list of trusted traders here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/List-of-Successful-Traders-January-2015/td-p/1852954 Protect yourself in your trades, ask questions (such as where an item was purchased), ask for additional photos (to show level of usage and/or labeling to prove authenticity).
If you don’t feel 100% comfortable doing a trade because someone is new, you can request they send their items first.

Communication
Please use the private message system on Beauty Talk and/or tag the user you are trying to get in touch with. Communication is key! You can tell a lot about a trade by how the communication goes. If you will be unavailable for any periods of time, please be up front, and if there are any issues with shipping please be up front about that as well.

Delivery
Having tracking and insurance on shipments goes a long way to figuring out where an item might be. The USPS puts anticipated delivery dates and tracking numbers right on the receipt. If there is any issue with an item you have sent out, please follow up with the carrier.

SUCCESSFUL TRADE EXPERIENCES?
Consider providing your feedback on successful trades on this thread here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Successful-Trades-or-TSB-Experiences/td-p/1012387

**the previous thread can be found here: Subscription box photo sharing

@SAlyFitz I just started getting it a couple of months ag...

@SAlyFitz I just started getting it a couple of months ago (I've been feeling really disappointed with Play and Sephora Rogue rewards lately and started looking for some good alternatives. I also have Ipsy Plus, Boxycharm regular, BoxyLuxe, and FabFitFun. And just started Birchbox, haven't had it long enough to get one yet though). I've really liked all of my Macy's boxes so far. It's $15 per month. The $5 coupon is good for anything in the beauty department, doesn't expire for 2 months, and can be used in store or online. (Macy's also has a rewards program, and they have wonderful gifts with purchase. Their beauty pricing is the same as Sephora and Macy's frequently runs 15% off sales. I think they do complimentary makeovers too). The little brochure that came in my January box says 'over an $80 value'. The Estee Lauder eye cream sample is worth $12 by itself, the Sunday Riley Good Genes is worth $17, and the Caudalie SOS serum is worth $16, so just those 3 together are worth triple the price of the box.

Re: @SAlyFitz I just started getting it a couple of months ag...

Thanks so much! I love Macy’s and always get gift cards to there with my insurance lifepoints! And if I time things well with their sales could combine for better deals! I’m only getting Boxycharm at this time I had to cancel play in March after continuously getting things available for 100 pt rewards and getting multiples... I will Have to look back on some older versions to see if I am into the products 😊

Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Spoiler for the Feb BoxyCharm from MSA - FS HG Ambient Lighting Blush. 

I'm really interested in this but haven't used Boxy before and I hear about a waitlist a lot - will I be able to see full spoilers and buy it or will I be put on a waitlist for the next month?

Screen Shot 2020-01-04 at 11.21.57 AM.png

@xcicee They have been pretty good about the wait list re...

@xcicee They have been pretty good about the wait list recently for regular boxycharm. The wait list for BoxyLuxe and boxycharm premium have been longer lately but they do their best to clear them. I don't know if they confirmed which version of the box the hourglass blush will be in. If you watch MSA and other boxy spoiler accounts (like boxypreview or boxycharmsneakpeak) they will start showing more spoilers over the next few weeks.

@xcicee If you sign up this month (now), you will most li...

@xcicee If you sign up this month (now), you will most likely get the January Regular (base) boxycharm box and once you are signed up for regular boxycharm, they don't put you on the wait list again (unless your payment doesn't go through or something). If you sign up for boxycharm premium, you will likely be put on the wait list for premium because it's an additional subscription and spots are limited. It's hard to say if you would make it off the premium wait list in February but you will likely find out February 1st one way or the other. Since we don't know for sure if the hourglass will be in the base or premium box, it's hard to say if you would be off the right wait list, especially if you wait to order. (That's how they get you! lol) Also one more thing to think about, boxycharm does variations and they haven't said if every charmer will receive the hourglass blush or not. So there is a chance that you will stay off the wait lists and still receive a box without an hourglass blush. (I think a lot of people would be mad if they don't send it in every box but they've done it before). 🤷‍♀️ If you do decide to sign up, I recommend checking out boxypreview IG page. She posted a promo code or two in her past few posts so you can get two extra products when signing up. I'd send you my referral code but using the other promo code is better for you. I hope that helps! 🙂

Re: @xcicee If you sign up this month (now), you will most li...

@Lazybeautybeast Gosh thank you so much for this detailed in depth response! I think I will wait to sign up in this case - I have a lot of beauty products now so I've been adding new items much more selectively. I'd rather miss out on the blush rather than paying for both January & February (given that I don't like the Jan box). 

I will definitely check out her IG! I was tempted last month too by that too faced palette gwp but resisted due to not needing anything in the actual box. I did however cave for the allure beauty box w/ hot tools blowout brush gwp. I just wanted the brush for 10$ and going to end up giving most items in the box to my friends 😄 

Re: @xcicee They have been pretty good about the wait list re...

@Lazybeautybeast Hey thanks so much for the tips!! I hadn't seen the other spoiler accounts yet so I will definitely keep an eye on them. If I sign up for them now and they take me off the list in Jan, will I be able to wait til Feb to sign up or would i be forced to get Jan too?

Unfort they have not confirmed which box yet or which colors! 

December 2019 BoxycharmDecember 2019 Boxycharm

So here is my December Boxycharm, recieved today. I requested the Saturday Skin lotion, and recieved confirmation.  Then I recieved an email that my choice was not included and will be shipped separately. I wondered what was wrong and saw the wrong choice when I opened my box. I'm waiting on the lotion. Since the items included in this box were correct to the card, I wonder which items I was supposed to receive.  

Interesting to note: my premium box still has not shipped. 

Did anyone see the drama with the ciate Loudon marbled blush that was sent out on boxycharm this month? Basically, the marbled blush was listed on the ciate site as "Formulated without talc" but the one sent in boxy DOES contain talc and there is a misprint on the boxy card. Beautybealsbff posted about it and I just saw the response from ciate on IG taking responsibility for the issue. Ciate said that they switched manufacturers a few months ago and sent boxycharm the wrong ingredient list. They have also updated their site to reflect the corrected ingredients. The comments on Beautybealsbffs post made it seem like people have noticed issues like this ("water down" or altered ingredients) with other past products in boxy and ipsy. What do you guys think? Has anyone noticed product inconsistencies with subscription box products before?

@Lazybeautybeast  I saw that too. It does seem a bit odd. I think I read the kypris item was potentially different too. I don't really understand why this would benefit the brands, though. I thought it was to introduce people to their brands. I also noticed that the storybook palettes are made in prc whereas storybook palettes are usually  made in the u.s.

RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

I know people saw that the ingredients were not in the same order on the recent kosas item

my boxy premium is half and half. I wanted the dose of colors and the laneige, and definitely didn't want the natasha denona or the kvd. I'm on the fence about the avant, especially getting two moisturizers in the same box. but super jazzed about the bite and the confetti highlighter.

RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Do you still have the ND?

Yeah, I'm trying to do a local trade in Victoria BC for t...

Yeah, I'm trying to do a local trade in Victoria BC for the DoC palette. I have a couple people willing to do a shipped trade in Canada, but would prefer a local trade.

@haleyvvvv  If you dont mind me asking, how come your not jazzed about the Natasha Denona?

@anastasiya13 I feel like, especially with the safari and...

@Anastasiya13 I feel like, especially with the safari and tropical palettes that there is some racist naming practices: nudist being a pink shade, using names of groups of people as shades in safari, etc. So I don't really do ND products (among others). It makes makeup less inclusive and that's not fun.

Re: @anastasiya13 I feel like, especially with the safari and...

@haleyvvvv  Thank you, I was curious, since of the quality of the items themselves. I think/feel a lot of companies do this to stand out, and think the backlash is good for business since people start talking about them.

@haleyvvvv I know, I googled the Avant and couldn't find...

@haleyvvvv I know, I googled the Avant and couldn't find it on their website,, makes me wonder

@lmaster I think I saw it in a different packaging on the...

@lmaster I think I saw it in a different packaging on the site like more of a tub, but maybe its something different. I'll probably try it out though, maybe it'll live up to the price tag.

Largely happy with my boxyluxe although I'll have to gift the kvd and fresh products.

@haleyvvvv, yeah, the Fresh Soy Cleanser doesn't agree with my skin, and it seems to be in everything.

2 Replies
testing