Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Hi All! 

We are long overdue for an updated Subscription Sharing thread!  Whether it's BoxyCharm, Ipsy, or PopSugar we want to hear (and see) all about what you are subscribed to.

giphy

Interested in trading with other users?  Here are some things you need to know from @SydBristow and her trade threads:

Spoiler

IMPORTANT NOTE: To comply with Sephora's terms of use, items cannot be listed "for sale" or even for trade for Sephora or other gift cards. Please do not list "prices" either (which implies selling), but you can list approximate trade value.

Because a number of fake items have been sent in trades, it is strongly advised you provide photos of your higher-end items, including the labeling (you may be asked for it anyway) and list WHERE you purchased the item from. Fakes are readily available from less reputable sellers and can contain toxins! It is important to everyone to know where their cosmetics come from.

Please also be aware that some makeup products cannot be sanitized - please use caution in your trades. When in doubt, ask the community, it's a great resource! Used items you may wish to avoid are mascara, liquid eyeliner, lip glosses, and cream products.

Acquiring Items
Please use discretion with whom you enter into trades with. There is a summarized list of trusted traders here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/List-of-Successful-Traders-January-2015/td-p/1852954 Protect yourself in your trades, ask questions (such as where an item was purchased), ask for additional photos (to show level of usage and/or labeling to prove authenticity).
If you don’t feel 100% comfortable doing a trade because someone is new, you can request they send their items first.

Communication
Please use the private message system on Beauty Talk and/or tag the user you are trying to get in touch with. Communication is key! You can tell a lot about a trade by how the communication goes. If you will be unavailable for any periods of time, please be up front, and if there are any issues with shipping please be up front about that as well.

Delivery
Having tracking and insurance on shipments goes a long way to figuring out where an item might be. The USPS puts anticipated delivery dates and tracking numbers right on the receipt. If there is any issue with an item you have sent out, please follow up with the carrier.

SUCCESSFUL TRADE EXPERIENCES?
Consider providing your feedback on successful trades on this thread here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Successful-Trades-or-TSB-Experiences/td-p/1012387

**the previous thread can be found here: Subscription box photo sharing

@Ispend2much6 great mystery box!! I do love the thrive ma...

@Ispend2much6 great mystery box!! I do love the thrive mascara, it can clump easily tho,,,I had to learn no more than two coats

Re: @Ispend2much6 great mystery box!! I do love the thrive ma...

@lmaster   Thanks for the mascara warning.  I tried the Yensa primer yesterday, and I loved it!  Slight glow, left a slightly tacky feeling yet my foundation applied easily and looked good. I even used less than normal!  I still had foundation on at the end of the day, and the weather is still hot and sunny here.

Yesterday I also tried Stila's Magnum xxx Mascara- one coat and I looked like my lashes may have been false lashes.  Almost. 🙂  The wand is huge, the formula thick and very dark, can clump a little and can leave tiny bumps on the ends of lashes, but a lash comb will take care of the separation and bump issue.  Well worth the effort, because I had it on for  12 hours before it started flaking off.  And, it was easy to remove!

https://www.sephora.com/product/magnum-xxx-tm-mascara-P446891?icid2=products%20grid:p446891:product

Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

You did hit the jackpot @Ispend2much6! 🎰 So many beautiful products! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the Thrive mascara! 

@itsfi   Thanks!  It was so exciting opening the package and seeing that I wanted everything but one item!

glad it worked out in your favor @Ispend2much6 I ordered...

glad it worked out in your favor @Ispend2much6 I ordered the mystery necessarily neutral bag..😣😢 big bust! only one product was ok but I already had it....now im too scared to order anymore. least the bag was pretty

I've been tempted by some brand mystery bags..(like Marc...

I've been tempted by some brand mystery bags..(like Marc Jacobs) maybe one day.....😇 @Ispend2much6

Re: I've been tempted by some brand mystery bags..(like Marc...

@sonnydee   I've heard his are worth the $, plus they are returnable (or used to be.)  As are Charlotte Tilbury's.

Re: glad it worked out in your favor @Ispend2much6 I ordered...

@sonnydee   I'm sorry you got a bad bag.  For some reason it seems like it's so hard to take when a mystery bag doesn't live up to my expectations.  On the other hand, I was proud of myself for not buying the last Charlotte Tilbury mystery bag, and it ended up being a great one!  Can't always win I guess, except saving money is winning all the time. 🙂

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

My boxy actually came really early this month but I have been too busy to post. This is the first boxy in a while that I'm totally disappointed in my variation items. I will probably gift away the lashes and Barbie mask. I'm going to try the tarte mascara because I've had good like with their mascaras in the past but I don't have high hopes because I don't usually like the wand shape. I'm liking the Becca powder so the box wasn't a complete loss. Hopefully BoxyLuxe is better next month.

So I’ve been out of town on business since August 11th, and both my ipsy and Sephora Play! boxes were set to be delivered while I was gone. My boyfriend told me ipsy arrived a couple days ago but had said he hadn’t seen my Play! box yet. I did really think much of it until today I was like “Hmm, maybe I should check the tracking email.” Turns out it got delivered on the 16th and someone must have taken it from my mailbox! 😭 This isn’t the first time either. Actually, almost exactly a year ago someone stole my July Play! box while I was on a DIFFERENT business trip out of town. Now I just think I’m cursed and need to cancel my beauty boxes whenever my job sends me out of town for work lol. 

Thankfully the customer service person I talked to on the phone was really helpful and sent out a new Play! box for me with expedited shipping. Sad my goodies will take longer to get here, but thank you Sephora for the great customer service. 😊

Now I’m thinking about just getting a P.O. box for my mail... Like I said this has happened before. Last time when my box was stolen they ripped it open, took the stuff inside, and left the empty box in front of my door. Now the whole dang box is just gone. 😞 I hate the idea of spending extra money just to get my mail but I don’t want to be flagged as a potential scammer or something if my boxes keep going missing!

RE: Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Terrible.  I suppose I try to stay positive by reminding myself all the times I’ve seen lost wallets or cell phones returned intact to the owner. Back over a decade ago when I was a student living in a small suburban apt complex of 5-6 families/couples with double door security. i had a Sephora package (a lip gloss and shampoo) stolen (only time ever because I track my packages diligently nowadays and make sure they’re sent to a safer location). So upsetting because unbeknownst to me philosophy had decided  to discontinue that shampoo and it was not replaceable by Sephora after being stolen. I had horrible hair problems from stress/unhealthy lifestyle and that shampoo was the only miracle product that calmed my scalp and hair down. It had to be one of my so called lovely neighbors who you would never imagine would steal. Yes lack of morals makes no class distinction. I’ve had ivy league medical students steal my cheap furniture stored at a friend’s apt and a church friend of a church friend steal my most loved jcrew sweater at the time (note: I don’t wear nice clothing nowadays. All my moola is spent on beauty products 🤣). Also while merchants are gracious enough to replace stolen packages, if it happens enough due to a serial thief, I worry they could hold it against the customer in the long run. For someone to steal and get something they didn’t earn offends me to no end. 

@HunterKathleen aargh, porch pirates suck!! 😠  I also have this problem (travel frequently for work).  Since the Sephora Play boxes get delivered by USPS (at least mine do), and also just when making normal online purchases Sephora gives you the option to specify USPS delivery, I just put in a "Hold Mail" request with USPS.  They'll hold mail (including packages) at the post office and then you can either go pick them up when you return from your trip, or ask them to deliver.  I think UPS and Fedex also have delivery date options, but may charge extra.

Oh no, @HunterKathleen! I agree with you, a P.O. Box is a...

Oh no, @HunterKathleen! I agree with you, a P.O. Box is a good idea.

Fabfitfun fall boxA10AB659-1E48-44DA-8F53-F842FF81424D.jpeg

This is my least favorite of the FFF boxes I’ve received so far. Hopefully the winter box will be better🤞

@faeriegirl I have been really contemplating signing up for this subscription. I love seeing what you got!

Best,
Rebecca

Sorry this FFF box wasn't as exciting as past ones @faeri...

Sorry this FFF box wasn't as exciting as past ones @faeriegirl. My annual subscription was set to renewal on this box and I wasn't happy with the options either so I cancelled. I might resubscribed in the future is there is a box that looks good.

Re: Sorry this FFF box wasn't as exciting as past ones @faeri...

@Lazybeautybeast  I have one more box with my annual subscription so I was thinking the same way. If it’s not better I’ll cancel until I see a really good one.

@faeriegirl  Sorry you dont like it that much. The hair towels are amazing though, I always use those after my shower.

wow!! I have not even received any kind of a shipping con...

wow!! I have not even received any kind of a shipping confirmation 😒 @faeriegirl

Re: wow!! I have not even received any kind of a shipping con...

@lmaster  It really surprised me how fast they sent it out.

Re: wow!! I have not even received any kind of a shipping con...

Awwww @faeriegirl hopefully next box is better for you,,,I hope I get mine soon, I forgot what add ons I even purchased

1 Reply
testing