Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Hi All! 

We are long overdue for an updated Subscription Sharing thread!  Whether it's BoxyCharm, Ipsy, or PopSugar we want to hear (and see) all about what you are subscribed to.

giphy

Interested in trading with other users?  Here are some things you need to know from @SydBristow and her trade threads:

Spoiler

IMPORTANT NOTE: To comply with Sephora's terms of use, items cannot be listed "for sale" or even for trade for Sephora or other gift cards. Please do not list "prices" either (which implies selling), but you can list approximate trade value.

Because a number of fake items have been sent in trades, it is strongly advised you provide photos of your higher-end items, including the labeling (you may be asked for it anyway) and list WHERE you purchased the item from. Fakes are readily available from less reputable sellers and can contain toxins! It is important to everyone to know where their cosmetics come from.

Please also be aware that some makeup products cannot be sanitized - please use caution in your trades. When in doubt, ask the community, it's a great resource! Used items you may wish to avoid are mascara, liquid eyeliner, lip glosses, and cream products.

Acquiring Items
Please use discretion with whom you enter into trades with. There is a summarized list of trusted traders here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/List-of-Successful-Traders-January-2015/td-p/1852954 Protect yourself in your trades, ask questions (such as where an item was purchased), ask for additional photos (to show level of usage and/or labeling to prove authenticity).
If you donโ€™t feel 100% comfortable doing a trade because someone is new, you can request they send their items first.

Communication
Please use the private message system on Beauty Talk and/or tag the user you are trying to get in touch with. Communication is key! You can tell a lot about a trade by how the communication goes. If you will be unavailable for any periods of time, please be up front, and if there are any issues with shipping please be up front about that as well.

Delivery
Having tracking and insurance on shipments goes a long way to figuring out where an item might be. The USPS puts anticipated delivery dates and tracking numbers right on the receipt. If there is any issue with an item you have sent out, please follow up with the carrier.

SUCCESSFUL TRADE EXPERIENCES?
Consider providing your feedback on successful trades on this thread here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Successful-Trades-or-TSB-Experiences/td-p/1012387

**the previous thread can be found here: Subscription box photo sharing

Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

August Ipsy glam bag plus- IT bye bye foundation was an add on itemAugust Ipsy glam bag plus- IT bye bye foundation was an add on item

Wasnโ€™t sure about the palette but itโ€™s very nice and will work well in the fall! IT is nice not sure as experimenting with it still. Like the nail polish, itโ€™s a great neutral pink. Only thing Iโ€™m unsure about is Ahava mask, anyone tried it before?

Are you going to get the Glam Bag Ultimate @jen81 ?

@Mcakes  ๐Ÿ™ˆyes! I had already decided to skip September so I decided I will at least try one month. After that probably stop as I have tons of stuff. Might go back to glam bag plus. Depends on how much self control I have!

@jen81 I'm thinking they're going to knock it out of the park for their first box then taper off lol. Seems to be the pattern anyway ๐Ÿ˜„ I'm thinking of doing the same as you!

@Mcakes @Yeah thatโ€™s what I think, no way they can keep it up

RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

After subscribing to make up subscriptions for a few years and then cleaning out my junk drawers of stuff I dropped those. I tried scent bird for a little while and hated it. They didn't have anything I was really into, and they only shipped about half of what I paid for. Right now I'm waiting to try mint mongoose and ear fleek. They are both cheap jewelry subscriptions. I'll try to remember to post pics when I get it

Ipsy has a new Glam Bag coming this October and the sign up is now live! Limited spots are available. It's called Glam Bag Ultimate and it's $50 a month.  Members who get Glam Bag Ultimate receive 8 full-size products and 4 deluxe-size beauty samples every month. They will still have the Glam Bag and the Glam Bag Plus. If you are interested in signing up to receive an Ipsy box and need a referral link I do have one available. Also FYI starting in October the price of the original Glam Bag is going up to $12. You can prepay for a whole year and lock in the price of $10 a month for the next year. Personally shelling out $120 right now vs paying just a extra $2 isn't worth it to me, but to each their own :).

Spoiler

@niki172 That ultimate sounds really nice!

@Samtian IKR? Especially since you get to pick out one of the products you receive. Time will tell what kind of variety/brands that they will use, but for now I'm all aboard. The one thing I wonder is if you have to keep one of your other bags in order to get the ultimate because honestly I don't need any of the other subscriptions if I'm getting this one on top of being able to pick out 5 add-ons.

Here is my Glam Bag Plus for this month!!! Definitely not one of my favorites, but hopefully next month will be better. 

(Products received listed bottom to top, left to right)

- F.A.R.A.H. Brushes, Show Me the Magic Eye Brush Set

- IT Cosmetics, Bye Bye Foundation Full Coverage Moisturizer with SPF 50+ in Fair

- Purlisse, Blue Lotus Essential Daily Moisturizer SPF30

- Ahava, Hydration Cream Mask

- Tarte, Dream Big Eyeshadow Palette

Just as some initial thoughts... the IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Foundation Full Coverage Moisturizer with SPF 50+ in Fair is WAAAAAY too dark for my skin!!! I have some white mixing pigment that I will have to try with it. However, I put some product on the back of my hand to see what it was like and I have to say I am terrified to try this out. Granted, it was on my hand, not my face. But... it just make every little flaw in my skin SUPER obvious!!! 

The Purlisse Blue Lotus Essential Daily Moisturizer SPF30 just smells like straight up sunscreen. It is really overwhelming... and I kind of hate it. Plus... it didn't do anything special to my skin. Meh.

The Tarte Dream Big Eyeshadow Palette seems pretty but it is also just very "expected"... It is like a collection of every color that every eyeshadow palette ever in history has included... Meh again.

The brushes seem pretty.

My skin doesn't really need hydration right now so the mask seems unnecessary... 

Just a whole lotta meh.

20190814_130654.jpg20190814_130737.jpg20190814_130858 (1).jpg20190814_130949.jpg20190814_131047.jpg

Youโ€™re right, those colors look pretty much like every other Tarte palette thatโ€™s come out in the last couple of years. I feel like Tarte needs someone with a new vision to help them create new palettes. Itโ€™s nice to have one of their palettes as a staple but whereโ€™s the originality?   I remember when the Tartlette In Full Bloom first came out and how everyone wanted it. People still do. I just havenโ€™t seen that excitement for Tarte since.

I agree 100%. I always feel like I want to like their brand more but it is hard when they seem so blah most of the time. @loopitylupo 

i love that eye palette! @SchylarR

i love that eye palette! @SchylarR

Re: i love that eye palette! @SchylarR

I just tried it out yesterday for the first time and it is decent. Nothing special really but pretty for a quick everyday look. ๐Ÿ˜Š @Marrrryyyyy 

Nice, @SchylarR !  I cannot wait for mine - I was so sad that I missed out on the sample choice, but it looks like I'll be getting the Balm palette.

Did you get to choose a sample?

Wait, there's a sample choice option?! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ What?! @Tamara76 

@SchylarR Yes!!!  We got to choose the colors of the bag, lipstick and ring!๐Ÿ’—

RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Iโ€™m looking forward to my August The Box! by Fashionsta! This eyeshadow palette is one of the variations!!! Finally a subscription box that has colors that compliment everyone!!!

This looks pretty

This looks pretty

this is gorgeous!! @loopitylupo

this is gorgeous!! @loopitylupo

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Sephora Play. For the past six months in a row I'm getting mascara. they have really gone downhill. I still miss the old bags and it seems like every month I get the same type of item over and over. it's rare that you get a makeup item. I do not want shampoo send me perfume samples . Is anyone else experiencing that?
1 Reply
testing