Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Hi All! 

We are long overdue for an updated Subscription Sharing thread!  Whether it's BoxyCharm, Ipsy, or PopSugar we want to hear (and see) all about what you are subscribed to.

giphy

Interested in trading with other users?  Here are some things you need to know from @SydBristow and her trade threads:

Spoiler

IMPORTANT NOTE: To comply with Sephora's terms of use, items cannot be listed "for sale" or even for trade for Sephora or other gift cards. Please do not list "prices" either (which implies selling), but you can list approximate trade value.

Because a number of fake items have been sent in trades, it is strongly advised you provide photos of your higher-end items, including the labeling (you may be asked for it anyway) and list WHERE you purchased the item from. Fakes are readily available from less reputable sellers and can contain toxins! It is important to everyone to know where their cosmetics come from.

Please also be aware that some makeup products cannot be sanitized - please use caution in your trades. When in doubt, ask the community, it's a great resource! Used items you may wish to avoid are mascara, liquid eyeliner, lip glosses, and cream products.

Acquiring Items
Please use discretion with whom you enter into trades with. There is a summarized list of trusted traders here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/List-of-Successful-Traders-January-2015/td-p/1852954 Protect yourself in your trades, ask questions (such as where an item was purchased), ask for additional photos (to show level of usage and/or labeling to prove authenticity).
If you don’t feel 100% comfortable doing a trade because someone is new, you can request they send their items first.

Communication
Please use the private message system on Beauty Talk and/or tag the user you are trying to get in touch with. Communication is key! You can tell a lot about a trade by how the communication goes. If you will be unavailable for any periods of time, please be up front, and if there are any issues with shipping please be up front about that as well.

Delivery
Having tracking and insurance on shipments goes a long way to figuring out where an item might be. The USPS puts anticipated delivery dates and tracking numbers right on the receipt. If there is any issue with an item you have sent out, please follow up with the carrier.

SUCCESSFUL TRADE EXPERIENCES?
Consider providing your feedback on successful trades on this thread here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Successful-Trades-or-TSB-Experiences/td-p/1012387

**the previous thread can be found here: Subscription box photo sharing

Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Nice!  I love the LXMI!  Enjoy, @ABC345 

This month's Glam Bag and GBP are really meh. I was hoping to get the Murad cleanser and instead wound up with the Purlisse moisturizer and the Hey Honey peel off mask (not a big fan of peel off masks - I really like wash off better). I knew I should have skipped the GBP again this month. My regular bag is okay - 3 out of 5 isn't too shabby. Anyone else get both bags and nail polish in both bags? I have UV acrylic nails so I guess those are getting gifted (the Smith & Cult polish I got was really pretty though - a soft coral that would have been great to have gotten earlier in the season for pedicures). But on the bright side my July bag should FINALLY arrive this Tuesday. CS finally decided my original bag was lost so they're finally sending a replacement with only 1 of my add on's as the others sold out. I was also given the cryptic warning (kind of) that my original bag may not be what is in my new bag. Which I guess is fine because I can't remember what was in my original July bag anyways :P.

My July GBP arrived last week, @niki172. Just posted about it, and I am pretty happy with it. Would love to see what you will get in yours!

I didn't like GBP spoilers for August, so I am only getting GB, and I am pretty happy with it.

RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Customization for FabFitFun starts today

I just resubbed to Popsugar Must Have because look at the three spoilers for fall: from MSA; use "MSA20" to get $20 off.

From the Cambridge Satchel Company, UK, a push lock purse- 5x7x2, leatherFrom the Cambridge Satchel Company, UK, a push lock purse- 5x7x2, leather

Tai Jewelry Adjustable Ring with labradorite, choice of gold or silverTai Jewelry Adjustable Ring with labradorite, choice of gold or silver

Charlotte Tilbury lipstick-choice of Walk of Shame and Pillow TalkCharlotte Tilbury lipstick-choice of Walk of Shame and Pillow Talk

I am soooooo excited about this one, @Ispend2much6 !  The Spring PSMH box straight up stunk, Summer was great except the hat (I'm not a big summer hat girl), but the Fall box looks sooooooooo good!  I chose the grey bag, gold ring and Walk of Shame!  I cannot wait!!!! ❤️

***P.S.  If anyone needs a link to save $20, DM me - I've got one, too!

@Tamara76   Walk of Shame is really pretty!   I love that little bag; I chose grey also.  As if I will ever carry a purse that small. lol

@Ispend2much6 I've started carrying small bags when I'm out running errands because I get so tired from lugging around ginormous purses. 🙂

@Tamara76   I swear I have arthritis on my right shoulder/back from all of those years of carrying a purse on that side.  I've seen the x-rays; it mostly is on my right side!

@Ispend2much6  Its so tempting, just for the lipstick.

@Anastasiya13   I agree.  I think there should be a few more items, right?  I hope so!

@Ispend2much6  Yes there should, at least from previous months. But that lipstick just looks so pretty.

@Anastasiya13   I have Walk of Shame; I'll bet that would look great on you (taking your profile picture into consideration.)

I can't wear Pillow Talk; it turns a grayish brown on me.  But, because it was in the box, I ordered it.  I'm hoping to play with lip liners and primers to make it work. 🙂  

@Ispend2much6  Thank you, I definitely need to go try it out, and probably add to my wishlist. Also if it does not work that great, try adding a lipgloss to the top of it, sometimes it helps with the color (at least it does for me with some colors).

@Anastasiya13   Great idea; thanks!  Should be easy to add a pink lip gloss on top.

@Ispend2much6  No problem hon, hope it works out for you.

Here are 2 more July Subs - I am still waiting on Scentbird and Emma et Chloe...

1.  Upbox:

Upbox1.JPG

Upbox2.JPG

Spoiler
The theme of this box is Be Sweet and it features pineapple-themed products from:

1. Blessed Carta: How adorable is this pineapple sticker?!

2. Natural Life: The Pineapple Life Folding Shopping Bag is cute and will be so useful and the little pineapple dish is adorable!

3. Quotable Cards: This magnet will make an awesome gift!

4. Fanfarria bracelet: Perfect for summer!

5. True North: This headband will be great for workouts!

7. Soak: The pineapple lingerie wash smells great!

8. Soapgrams: The pineapple soap is too cute!

9. Bathe in Couture: This pineapple whipped soap smells like a Dole Whip at Disneyland - Sooooo delish!

There were also other amazing products like the beautiful pineapple necklace and cute hat and pencils! I really love this box!🍍🍍🍍

Upbox is an encouragement box with a Christian message and it is literally packed with goodies!!!! 20% of each purchase also goes to The Jesus Way Foundation which provides support to orphans.

2.  Petit Vour:

July Petit Vour1.JPG

July Petit Vour 2.JPG

Spoiler
Petit Vour means "Little Love" and, in addition to their monthly subscription box, they have an online shop focused on Cruelty-Free, Vegan, toxin-free and fair trade products.  

This is my first time trying Petit Vour and this box was actually gifted to me by the brand.  However, I am seriously considering subscribing after trying this box!

1.  French Girl Lait De Rose Vitamin C Polishing Wash:  This brand has the most aesthetically pleasing packaging!  I've got a lip scrub from them and I love it, so I was most excited to try this wash!  I absolutely love any products I can mix up myself so it was a lot of fun to use and it smelled really nice!

2. Terre Mere Smudge Proof Anti-Aging Eyeshadow Base:  I am actually super impressed by this eyeshadow primer - it definitely rivals my beloved UD Primer Potion.  The only thing I don't like about this (or the UD) is the doefoot applicator - I would prefer a squeeze tube.

3.  Kalos After Hours Soothing Night Cream:  This was my first experience with the brand and I am really enjoying this cream!  The texture is very rich and it feels amazingly moisturizing on my skin!

4.  Ursa Major Bright & Easy 3-Minute Flash Mask:  I like how quick this is and was pleasantly surprised that it didn't irritate my skin!  It did leave my skin feeling and looking a little smoother, but the results were subtle.

5.  Antonym Waterproof Eye Pencil in Noir:  I don't normally like eyeliners that I have to sharpen, but this one goes on really smooth and I love that it has a built in sharpener, like the Vasanti Kajal Extreme liners I used to wear all the time!  I am also very interested in Antonym as a brand - their products are so beautiful!

Overall, I am super impressed with this sub and I'll let you know if I subscribe!!!  

RE: Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

I used to subscribe to scent bird. So many missed products, terrible selection made me quit. I prepaid for 6 month plan, only got them for 3 months. It's a common problem with them

Re: RE: Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

@kinkycurly  Oh no!  So sorry to hear that!  We have had great luck so far!

Here is my last June sub and a few July subs:

1. June Emma et Chloe:

June Emma et Chloe.JPG

June Emma et Chloe 2.JPG

Spoiler
1. Nyiri Ring a cowrie shell on a triple loop - the brand says this handcrafted ring will "sublimate your sun-kissed skin all summer."

***This box was super delayed because they were still working on the rings, so they sent us all a shop credit to compensate for the delay.

****DM me if you'd like a referral code

2. July Ipsy Glambag Plus:

July Ipsy Plus.JPG

Spoiler
1. Pixi by Petra Glow Mist:  I love Pixi Mists and this one is really refreshing and hydrating
2. Naked Cosmetics 4 Piece Pigment Set:  These are really nice shimmers, but they are super messy!
3.  Huda Beauty 3D Highlighter Palette in Golden Sands:  I already have the Pink Sands palette and wasn't super impressed, but this one really wowed me!  I've been using Zanzibar as a blush topper with Seychelles as highlighter and I love the combo!
4.  Thrive Causemetics Liquid Lash Extensions Mascara in Brynn:  This is a really nice mascara!  It makes my lashes look super long and dark - it doesn't really volumize, but that is o.k., given the length.
5.  LXMI Pure Nilotica Melt:  This stuff is amazing for any dry patches on your skin!

Add-Ons:
1.  Purlisse Watermelon Energizing Aqua Balm:  I love this!  It smells incredible and really wakes my skin up in the morning
2.  Coloured Raine Eyeshadow in Super Star:  This is like the perfect gold!
3.  Coloured Raine Eyeshadow in Who, Me?:  Gorgeous!  This brand never disappoints me!

**DM me if you'd like a referral code

3.  Ipsy:

July Ipsy.JPG

Spoiler
1.  Bag:  OMG!  So cute!!!
2.  BRTC Vitalizer and Pore Tightening Sleeping Masks:  These are pretty nice, but I'm not a fan of the packaging.
3.  Phase Zero Makeup Blush in Cotton Candy:  This is a really pretty, subtle shade
4.  The Balm Eyeshadow in Ohh La La from the What's the Tea Palette:  Super cute!!!
5.  Benefit Roller Lash:  Nice for definition and length
6.  Glamglow Glowstarter Mega Illuminating Moisturizer in Nude Glow:  This is alright, but leaves a bit of texture under my makeup

4.  July Boxycharm:

Boxycharm.JPG

Spoiler
1. Elemis Superfood Vital Veggie Mask: This mask felt tingly at first, so I was a little worried it would irritate my skin. Luckily, the tingling wore off pretty fast and then it just felt super refreshing and smoothing! And after I washed the mask off, my skin felt sooooo soft! I was also relieved that the mask was not super dark green so I didn’t look like Elphaba while I wore it!😂.

2. Butter London Natural Goddess Eyeshadow Palette: This palette is sooooo beautiful! I have been using to complement my ND Biba palette and the shimmers are so pretty for summer!

3. Luxie Gaea 3 Piece Brush Set: Thes are eco-friendly brushes and are as amazing as my other Luxue brushes.

4. Alamar Cosmetics Mother of Pearl Gloss: The sparkle is so real and the formula is super moisturizing and luxe.

5. Appeal Gel Liner: I love the smooth gel formula of this liner, but the bronze color doesn’t really show up on my eyes.

Overall, I am really happy with everything in my box!💕

5. July Birchbox:

July Birchbox.JPG

Spoiler
1. Davines MINU Illuminating Shampoo, Conditioner and Hair Serum: while I am a huge fan of Davines’ OI line, the MINU line just doesn’t cut it for me and it leaves my hair feeling kind of dry.

2. Balance Me Congested Skin Serum: This is a nice serum, but I don’t currently have any breakouts to test the spot treatment benefits.

3. Dr. Jart+ V7 Priming Moisturizer: This is really nice! It does help to mattify and hydrate, although I can still see my pores through this.

4. NatureLab Tokyo Perfect Smooth Blowout Lotion: This is o.k., but made my hair feel a little sticky.

5. TOCCA Florence Eau de Parfum: This is not one of my fave TOCCA fragrances - it has notes of grapefruit, betgamot, jasmine, blue iris, blonde wood and white musk. I think it smells like violet.

6. W3LL PEOPLE Bio Bronzer Loose Powder: This is probably my favorite item in the box! I really like the overall glow I get from this!

While my May and June Birchboxes were amazing, July was a little overwhelming. I am crossing my fingers for a great box in August!💗

The Alamar gloss caught my eye. Such a striking glimmer indeed!  @Tamara76 

testing