Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Hi All! 

We are long overdue for an updated Subscription Sharing thread!  Whether it's BoxyCharm, Ipsy, or PopSugar we want to hear (and see) all about what you are subscribed to.

giphy

Interested in trading with other users?  Here are some things you need to know from @SydBristow and her trade threads:

Spoiler

IMPORTANT NOTE: To comply with Sephora's terms of use, items cannot be listed "for sale" or even for trade for Sephora or other gift cards. Please do not list "prices" either (which implies selling), but you can list approximate trade value.

Because a number of fake items have been sent in trades, it is strongly advised you provide photos of your higher-end items, including the labeling (you may be asked for it anyway) and list WHERE you purchased the item from. Fakes are readily available from less reputable sellers and can contain toxins! It is important to everyone to know where their cosmetics come from.

Please also be aware that some makeup products cannot be sanitized - please use caution in your trades. When in doubt, ask the community, it's a great resource! Used items you may wish to avoid are mascara, liquid eyeliner, lip glosses, and cream products.

Acquiring Items
Please use discretion with whom you enter into trades with. There is a summarized list of trusted traders here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/List-of-Successful-Traders-January-2015/td-p/1852954 Protect yourself in your trades, ask questions (such as where an item was purchased), ask for additional photos (to show level of usage and/or labeling to prove authenticity).
If you donโ€™t feel 100% comfortable doing a trade because someone is new, you can request they send their items first.

Communication
Please use the private message system on Beauty Talk and/or tag the user you are trying to get in touch with. Communication is key! You can tell a lot about a trade by how the communication goes. If you will be unavailable for any periods of time, please be up front, and if there are any issues with shipping please be up front about that as well.

Delivery
Having tracking and insurance on shipments goes a long way to figuring out where an item might be. The USPS puts anticipated delivery dates and tracking numbers right on the receipt. If there is any issue with an item you have sent out, please follow up with the carrier.

SUCCESSFUL TRADE EXPERIENCES?
Consider providing your feedback on successful trades on this thread here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Successful-Trades-or-TSB-Experiences/td-p/1012387

**the previous thread can be found here: Subscription box photo sharing

The first BoxyLuxe spoilers for September are out. Each luxe charmer will receive the Glow Recipe Pineapple serum OR the Sunday Riley Tidal Cream. A few pages are guessing (or hoping) that we'll be able to pick one or the other. Additionally, there will be 7 other products in the luxe box.

Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

@Lazybeautybeast  Wow, thatโ€™s early! I donโ€™t want to even think of summer being over yet ๐Ÿ˜ญ

@Lazybeautybeast it would be great if we could pick! I'm always so torn when they have and either or big ticket item - I would love the glow recipe but I already know I don't like the sunday riley so for now I'm not but I can always add to the waitlist if it looks like they'll let us pick 

Boxycharm POPUP is live! Some of the prices look really good for anyone subscribed! 

I snagged a few things but missed all the Elemis products as they were sold out by the time I got there. @Kim888 

@Kim888 I missed most of products I wanted because it lau...

@Kim888 I missed most of products I wanted because it launched while I was at work ๐Ÿ˜ข. I was still able to grab the Farmacy Beauty Better Daze Ahead, COOLA Full Spectrum 360ยฐ Mineral Sun Silk Crรจme, and COOLA Mineral Liplux Organic Tinted Lip Balm. I was hoping to grab the glow recipe avocado mask, stila liner, and a few other items. I'm really impressed with the prices and they had a great selection of products. Hopefully, they up their inventory going forward. I don't think they expected to sale out of half the items the first day. I'm SO glad that I skipped the FFF edit sale this month so I could grab some items.

Re: @Kim888 I missed most of products I wanted because it lau...

@Lazybeautybeast totally agree! I skipped the FFF edit as well and boxy deff had better prices! I was able to snag a cool primer and the pink clay mask but I missed  out on the caudelie! I do wish they would just tell you when they are launching rather then trying to monitor and guess but assuming everything ships I feel like it went pretty smoothly for them

A little late on posting this but I canโ€™t wait for my July ipsy! The bag itself is adorable but the items in my bag are all things Iโ€™ve been wanting to try or things Iโ€™ll use. No busts in this bag!

F7EFB5C4-F910-4297-85ED-5C11725E7F91.png

D5425AD0-EBF6-4FBD-B16E-DF400603FFC3.png

691EE59F-D69D-49E5-ADCD-1172CCD66F88.png

83F9F403-DA14-4B30-B6D7-9E59BB74F2AD.png

@HunterKathleen  Oooh love the eyeshadow in shade โ€œHe said she saidโ€ and the Smashbox liquid lip!

July Boxycharm. I am really happy with this months box๐Ÿค—

6BD8F9C4-0532-4A71-AC1C-2C9F0053FD0D.jpeg

I love the Elemis mask, @faeriegirl ! โค๏ธ

Nice! I kind of wish I would have received the wipes inst...

Nice! I kind of wish I would have received the wipes instead of the eye liner. Enjoy your box @faeriegirl!

Re: Nice! I kind of wish I would have received the wipes inst...

Same, @Lazybeautybeast ! โค๏ธ

@Lazybeautybeast  I retooled my Boxy preferences two months ago to get more skin care items instead of a ton eyeliners I didnโ€™t need. Iโ€™ve been much happier with the results ๐Ÿ˜Š 

Now that Iโ€™ve said this, Iโ€™ll probably get the eyeliner this month ๐Ÿ˜‚

Thank you @Lazybeautybeast!

July Boxycharm!

I got the exact same box, @Lazybeautybeast ! โค๏ธ

@Lazybeautybeast  Iโ€™m really excited to see the Butter London palette in person. Itโ€™s right up my alley!! 

@Lazybeautybeast  I got the same one as you.

Facetory 7 Lux, I don't see one here yet for July:

Spoiler
facetory.jpg
I am really excited about this month's masks. Great ingredients and a new brand, as well as some new masks from brands I already enjoy.
Close up of the masksClose up of the masks

Here is one more - Summer Box of Style:68C82A83-3276-4827-927E-43831FFB2B7F.jpeg

Spoiler

I am obsessed with everything in my Summer Box of Style, yโ€™all!  This is one of the most perfectly curated boxes I have ever purchased!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Here is what is included:

1. Missoni Home Rufus Terry Beach Towel ($220 retail value).

2. Machete Kate Hoops ($44 Retail Value).

3. Benefit 24 Hour Brow Setter ($24 Retail Value).

4. Glo Skin Beauty Oil Free SPF 40 ($38 Retail Value): This is the best sunscreen I have ever used!

5. Danielle Nicole Macrame Handbag ($100 Retail Value): Soooo cute!

I also added on House of Harlow earrings and a Shashi Bracelet.

Overall, this subscription is a fun way to get a taste of luxury (over $400 worth of products) for only $99/ season!

testing