Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Hi All! 

We are long overdue for an updated Subscription Sharing thread!  Whether it's BoxyCharm, Ipsy, or PopSugar we want to hear (and see) all about what you are subscribed to.

giphy

Interested in trading with other users?  Here are some things you need to know from @SydBristow and her trade threads:

Spoiler

IMPORTANT NOTE: To comply with Sephora's terms of use, items cannot be listed "for sale" or even for trade for Sephora or other gift cards. Please do not list "prices" either (which implies selling), but you can list approximate trade value.

Because a number of fake items have been sent in trades, it is strongly advised you provide photos of your higher-end items, including the labeling (you may be asked for it anyway) and list WHERE you purchased the item from. Fakes are readily available from less reputable sellers and can contain toxins! It is important to everyone to know where their cosmetics come from.

Please also be aware that some makeup products cannot be sanitized - please use caution in your trades. When in doubt, ask the community, it's a great resource! Used items you may wish to avoid are mascara, liquid eyeliner, lip glosses, and cream products.

Acquiring Items
Please use discretion with whom you enter into trades with. There is a summarized list of trusted traders here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/List-of-Successful-Traders-January-2015/td-p/1852954 Protect yourself in your trades, ask questions (such as where an item was purchased), ask for additional photos (to show level of usage and/or labeling to prove authenticity).
If you donโ€™t feel 100% comfortable doing a trade because someone is new, you can request they send their items first.

Communication
Please use the private message system on Beauty Talk and/or tag the user you are trying to get in touch with. Communication is key! You can tell a lot about a trade by how the communication goes. If you will be unavailable for any periods of time, please be up front, and if there are any issues with shipping please be up front about that as well.

Delivery
Having tracking and insurance on shipments goes a long way to figuring out where an item might be. The USPS puts anticipated delivery dates and tracking numbers right on the receipt. If there is any issue with an item you have sent out, please follow up with the carrier.

SUCCESSFUL TRADE EXPERIENCES?
Consider providing your feedback on successful trades on this thread here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Successful-Trades-or-TSB-Experiences/td-p/1012387

**the previous thread can be found here: Subscription box photo sharing

@PrettyPaint seriously!! I always get crappy boxes. this...

@PrettyPaint seriously!! I always get crappy boxes. this one is awesome! i hope i get this one!!!

Re: @PrettyPaint seriously!! I always get crappy boxes. this...

@Marrrryyyyy  @PrettyPaint  Yeah most of my Play! boxes usually end up โ€œmehโ€, like itโ€™s stuff Iโ€™ll use but wouldnโ€™t go out of my way to buy myself. But this one is full of winners!!

Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

This is a killer box @HunterKathleen ! Almost makes me want to re-sub lol. The Green Clean is the best! Even better than Clinique. The Laneige mask is one of my faves that I got from Sephoria last year!

Wow that is a fantastic box, @HunterKathleen! โค๏ธ the Laneige and Green Clean, and the Herbivore sounds amazing. Nice! 

Iโ€™m obsessed with Farmacy stuff so I was hoping Iโ€™d get it, but not expecting it because my luck is terrible most of the time lol. So glad it worked in my favor!

That box looks great @HunterKathleen!

Iโ€™ve just realized the tarte is just a touch too dark for me. ๐Ÿ˜ฉ They sent me 16S Fair-Light Sand. I use tarte Face Tape in 12S Fair Sand. So close!!!

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

My very first subscription box is Boxycharm and Boxyluxe; I signed up today. I hope for greatness, not just items that will sit on a shelf. Here's to hoping!

@l8totheparty uhh I need to dive in and just sign up for...

@l8totheparty uhh I need to dive in and just sign up for these boxes!!

Re: @l8totheparty uhh I need to dive in and just sign up for...

That's what I did.  Peer pressure? ๐Ÿ˜† @Marrrryyyyy 

@l8totheparty  I hope you love it ๐Ÿ˜Š I just got my BoxyLuxe today and itโ€™s so good! (I posted about it just now on this thread if you want to see the contents.)

Hope you like it @l8totheparty ! I recently un-subbed to both of these but I did enjoy them while I had them. I was just getting overloaded with product but may rejoin soon. 

I wonder about that. I mean, how fast can a person go through moisturizers?! How many serums does one need if you have 2 others that do the same thing?! Thoughts have crossed my mind.

@Mcakes 

@l8totheparty at least you'll have a back up pile of good products! I've only been unsubbed from Boxy for a couple of months and I feel like I will be ready to get back on soon since I am moving through my inventory. Between that and Ipsy Glam Plus I had a huge stash going ๐Ÿ˜„ If nothing else they make great gifts!

So far I have really liked Boxycharm @l8totheparty, I hope you like it too๐Ÿ˜Š

Thanks, @faeriegirl ! I will update with (hopefully) excitement when it is recieved. 

RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Hereโ€™s what I got for my Ipsy Glam Plus this month! I was bummed that I didnโ€™t get the 111 Skin serum again or even as an add on option, but I am excited about trying the Sunday Riley C.E.O. Cream. Iโ€™m a little meh about the rest of the items this month. Iโ€™ll definitely try the Apto Healing Mask, but the rest will likely be gifted. For convenience I prefer pencil liners and Iโ€™m not interested in trying out these liquid lipsticks at this time (maybe Iโ€™ll be into them in the fall). I am happy with the add one I was able to get! I chose the Farmacy sheet mask duo and the Goldfaden MD eye cream ( I was out of eye cream ๐Ÿ˜ฌ).

ipsyaddons.jpg

Spoiler
Cat's going to cat :DCat's going to cat ๐Ÿ˜„

I loveeee the CEO Sunday Riley cream๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

I get the regular Ipsy Glam bag and I added on the Sunday Riley CEO moisturizing cream for June and OMG I couldnโ€™t believe how big it was only $12! I love it so much, it makes my skin so bright and soft

Re: RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

hah!!!! late on the draw here, but ooh my goodness. What a little sweetie kittie. @Mcakes 

Re: RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Thank you @Weetart Heart

testing