Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Hi All! 

We are long overdue for an updated Subscription Sharing thread!  Whether it's BoxyCharm, Ipsy, or PopSugar we want to hear (and see) all about what you are subscribed to.

giphy

Interested in trading with other users?  Here are some things you need to know from @SydBristow and her trade threads:

Spoiler

IMPORTANT NOTE: To comply with Sephora's terms of use, items cannot be listed "for sale" or even for trade for Sephora or other gift cards. Please do not list "prices" either (which implies selling), but you can list approximate trade value.

Because a number of fake items have been sent in trades, it is strongly advised you provide photos of your higher-end items, including the labeling (you may be asked for it anyway) and list WHERE you purchased the item from. Fakes are readily available from less reputable sellers and can contain toxins! It is important to everyone to know where their cosmetics come from.

Please also be aware that some makeup products cannot be sanitized - please use caution in your trades. When in doubt, ask the community, it's a great resource! Used items you may wish to avoid are mascara, liquid eyeliner, lip glosses, and cream products.

Acquiring Items
Please use discretion with whom you enter into trades with. There is a summarized list of trusted traders here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/List-of-Successful-Traders-January-2015/td-p/1852954 Protect yourself in your trades, ask questions (such as where an item was purchased), ask for additional photos (to show level of usage and/or labeling to prove authenticity).
If you don’t feel 100% comfortable doing a trade because someone is new, you can request they send their items first.

Communication
Please use the private message system on Beauty Talk and/or tag the user you are trying to get in touch with. Communication is key! You can tell a lot about a trade by how the communication goes. If you will be unavailable for any periods of time, please be up front, and if there are any issues with shipping please be up front about that as well.

Delivery
Having tracking and insurance on shipments goes a long way to figuring out where an item might be. The USPS puts anticipated delivery dates and tracking numbers right on the receipt. If there is any issue with an item you have sent out, please follow up with the carrier.

SUCCESSFUL TRADE EXPERIENCES?
Consider providing your feedback on successful trades on this thread here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Successful-Trades-or-TSB-Experiences/td-p/1012387

**the previous thread can be found here: Subscription box photo sharing

Re: oh yes that looks great @Shosh85

Thank you, @lmaster!! 😃

Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

That balancing one is out of the salad kits @Shosh85 !

@missjeanie I thought of you when I first saw  I'd be getting that one! Can't wait to try it! 😃

I'd never heard of mangosteen before this mask @Shosh85 !

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

My first ipsy glam bag plus & addons.-disappointed in the process to get it (I had to jump thru hoops, it was before they opened the wait list for everyone🙄) but overall happy with the bag. Not pictured is the lip liners, my mom already claimed them.. my regular ipsy, I think this is my most disappointing ever😣 & I have had ipsy for years! & they forgot my purlisse x kandee body butter but already shipped me another. Cant wait for tetris next month!

@sonnydee im.new to.ipsy. this is my 2nd bag. u make.me.w...

@sonnydee im.new to.ipsy. this is my 2nd bag. u make.me.want to.sign up for the plus!!!!

@Marrrryyyyy if you can use full size stuff it's crazy no...

@Marrrryyyyy if you can use full size stuff it's crazy not to get it because the value is off the charts! I was hesitant because I have SO MUCH but I've been splitting it up with my mom. I havent got it yet for this month but I got both the g. clay mask & the CEO! so far super happy!

I'm really shocked at how long it took @sonnydee

I'm really shocked at how long it took @sonnydee

me too @lmaster! was on the waitlist from the beginning.....

me too @lmaster! was on the waitlist from the beginning.....🙄

Re: me too @lmaster! was on the waitlist from the beginning.....

@sonnydee that's just ridiculous, did they ever give you a reason to why you were wait listed for so long?

Re: me too @lmaster! was on the waitlist from the beginning.....

No, & I got off the wait list by having to refer someone then not even a day later they opened it up...🤬😡🤬😡🤬😡@lmaster I was not happy to say the least....

Got my Ipsy Glam Plus in, I like it! I was surprised to see so many people complaining on MSA, I think I will use every single thing in this box and that’s makes it a win for me. I hope to see more illamasqua in the future, I remember when Sephora used to sell them. It seemed like such a sophisticated brand to me when I was younger and I always wanted to try it out, but it got yanked from Sephora before I had the chance. I like that they included 2 pencils instead of just 1

260C1DBD-C22A-4FDF-9D36-422A9CB9C23D.jpeg

98A5DE94-80A8-4D29-A6A3-60C635B7898B.jpeg

@Mcakes uhh i want that palette!! gorgeous!!

@Mcakes uhh i want that palette!! gorgeous!!

This was my box too, and I love it. The colors are beauti...

This was my box too, and I love it. The colors are beautiful, both the Wander pallette and lip pencils.

wow that palette is gorgeous @Mcakes

wow that palette is gorgeous @Mcakes

Re: wow that palette is gorgeous @Mcakes

It has pretty good color payoff @lmaster ! Some of them took a couple of swipes but for the most part I like it. The shade Sea Foam is stunning! 

May Allure beauty box, disappointed in the variations . Amorepacific doesn’t equal hair sheets. 😞Seems like the new subscribers get he good stuff and longtime subscribers get screwed over. Last box I didn’t get the liquid lipstick and this box I get like $1 hair sheets. And enough with the tanning products!!! 

C04691E6-968F-4BDF-A9E5-ADF43E240F44.jpeg

Also pretty sure the powder cleanser had already been opened or used. Not sealed and only half full 😬.   

@jen81 What's interesting is that I did get the AmorePacific (3rd month sub for me) but the tanning product I got was teeny tiny and just for the face- no body mist and mitt. I've been kinda obsessed with tanning products lately so I actually would have loved that box. The hair sheets are super lame though, not at all equal switch. I'm skipping the next month because if I get another Moroccan oil hair product I swear I'm going to scream

RE: Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Yikes, that’s not a good business model @jen81 ! Hopefully the box quality improves for members like you who have been subbed for a while. The whole bait and switch thing is so annoying!

I saw the same complaints about the Lue on the BeautyBoxes subreddit! Everyone I've seen who got that in their box got a container that was half full. How disappointing.

@jen81 I totally forgot about the Amorepacific that was supposed to be in there!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I'm upset. Totally going to send a super sob story to customer service. That and the tanning product makes me super upset. They could have at least given two dozen of those frizz wipes to make it feel... slightly better? I dunno, I wanted the Amorepacific.

I get a lot of products from natural beauty companies that the powder settles down like that and their dedication to sustainable products usually means no heat wrapped plastic seal, since that type of plastic is typically not recyclable. Hope that might ease some fears about that product.

testing