Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Hi All! 

We are long overdue for an updated Subscription Sharing thread!  Whether it's BoxyCharm, Ipsy, or PopSugar we want to hear (and see) all about what you are subscribed to.

giphy

Interested in trading with other users?  Here are some things you need to know from @SydBristow and her trade threads:

Spoiler

IMPORTANT NOTE: To comply with Sephora's terms of use, items cannot be listed "for sale" or even for trade for Sephora or other gift cards. Please do not list "prices" either (which implies selling), but you can list approximate trade value.

Because a number of fake items have been sent in trades, it is strongly advised you provide photos of your higher-end items, including the labeling (you may be asked for it anyway) and list WHERE you purchased the item from. Fakes are readily available from less reputable sellers and can contain toxins! It is important to everyone to know where their cosmetics come from.

Please also be aware that some makeup products cannot be sanitized - please use caution in your trades. When in doubt, ask the community, it's a great resource! Used items you may wish to avoid are mascara, liquid eyeliner, lip glosses, and cream products.

Acquiring Items
Please use discretion with whom you enter into trades with. There is a summarized list of trusted traders here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/List-of-Successful-Traders-January-2015/td-p/1852954 Protect yourself in your trades, ask questions (such as where an item was purchased), ask for additional photos (to show level of usage and/or labeling to prove authenticity).
If you don’t feel 100% comfortable doing a trade because someone is new, you can request they send their items first.

Communication
Please use the private message system on Beauty Talk and/or tag the user you are trying to get in touch with. Communication is key! You can tell a lot about a trade by how the communication goes. If you will be unavailable for any periods of time, please be up front, and if there are any issues with shipping please be up front about that as well.

Delivery
Having tracking and insurance on shipments goes a long way to figuring out where an item might be. The USPS puts anticipated delivery dates and tracking numbers right on the receipt. If there is any issue with an item you have sent out, please follow up with the carrier.

SUCCESSFUL TRADE EXPERIENCES?
Consider providing your feedback on successful trades on this thread here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Successful-Trades-or-TSB-Experiences/td-p/1012387

**the previous thread can be found here: Subscription box photo sharing

Re: @luvgloss13 ~ You can check out all of those on the mysub...

@ElleElleG  

Love the site! 

I want the food boxes, cat boxes, lifestyle boxes and of course beauty items!

I even see boxes for my husband, they have boxes I didn't even know I needed, lol.

Is anyone else a box addict? How many do you all have? 😉

😂😂😂 @luvgloss13 that site definitely made me want subscriptions I would've never thought of!

@luvgloss13~ Oh my gosh, I am addicted to the MSA site almost as much as I am addicted to Sephora, haha! I love seeing what's in all of the boxes, even if I'd never sub to them myself. Soooo many boxes I do want though! I agree with you, there are a bunch that I didn't even know I needed LOL. Right now I subscribe to Allure Beauty Box, Ipsy GBP, Boxycharm/Boxyluxe, New Beauty Test Tube, and Fab Fit Fun. I used receive Macy's Beauty Box (cancelled due to super small sizes) and Sephora Play! With Play! I was there since the beginning but recently ended the subscription due to many multiple repeats, being unable to redeem point passes or attend Play! classes/gatherings, and consistently receiving the lowest valued variations as well as variations that were not compatible with my hair type or skin tone. Also, with the one-time purchase Sephora Luxe curations coming out on occasion I opted for those instead of their regular sub. How about you? Which boxes do you receive?

Heya, @luvgloss13! If I may recommend a good place to sta...

Heya, @luvgloss13! If I may recommend a good place to start for makeup is Ipsy for $10/monthly. Regular Ipsy is deluxe samples to sometimes full sized items (like Huda liptucks & makeup brushes) and if you can get into the Glam Bag Plus program at $25/monthly, it's all full sized items. Both options customize your bag based on your profile picks, reviews of the items you get, and some surveys. I've even gotten great results from emailing them when I absolutely love or hate items and they adjust the selections for me. As it stands for the last three months GBP is my absolute fave beauty subscription, followed by Boxyluxe. After that, may I recommend Allure Beauty Box, only $15/monthly (first box for only $10). They send some pretty good deluxe to sometimes full sized items in a mix of makeup, skincare, occasionally hair, and rarely fragrance. I've received a nice mini Juvia's palette, Sunday Riley skincare duo (before they were even available for purchase on the market!), YSL lippie, Hourglass mascara, etc. Lastly, some other great subs for full sized makeup would be Yes Oh Yas ($19), Look Fantastic ($19), Sweet Sparkle ($24.50), and Lola Beauty Box ($21). I added YOY to my sub list and my first box was a great experience. Hope this helps!

Re: Heya, @luvgloss13! If I may recommend a good place to sta...

@KemoLove 

OMG so many many amazing choices! TY. I am looking into Lola box and I like!!

I hope to be able to get ipsy glam bag plus soon. I hope they accept me, it looks amazing!

I am about to become a box addict. I can feel it. I also see some amazing skincare ones too. TY so so much for this amazing list. xoxo

Neicy

Re: Heya, @luvgloss13! If I may recommend a good place to sta...

@luvgloss13~ I hope you can get on with the Glam Bag Plus soon but I have no idea what is going on with their waitlist and availability. I'll try and reach out to inquire. Back when MSA had a special offering to get on the first round of upgrades, I was able to get on that specific wait list and they still had a difficult time keeping up and accommodating. I am a terrible sub box addict myself haha.

Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

March Facetory 7 Lux is here!

Love the spring-themed boxLove the spring-themed box

Spoiler
Some interesting choices this month, very on-theme with lots of 'refreshing' and 'glowy' masks. ETA: The Frienvita I've used before (and features an "Octopus Sucker Black Sheet" which I find hilarious). I don't see any real unusual ingredients however a few do have added fragrance. 
7lux.JPG

So many fun masks to try, @eshoe ! ❤️

yay @eshoe can't wait for mine to come! It's shipped but not on the move yet (although my subs tend to just me like surprise i'm here haha)

They’ve been pretty good the past 3 months @Kim888, I’ve been getting them by the 7th at the latest. You always manage to try them before I do though😄

I can't wait to get mine!! @eshoe 😍

I can't wait to get mine!! @eshoe 😍

Re: I can't wait to get mine!! @eshoe 😍

Now it’s time to inspect the ingredients @lmaster 😂

@eshoe yep, good idea! 

@eshoe yep, good idea! 

Some Ipsy spoilers are up - here's the regular bag:

Spoiler

And here's the Glam bag plus:

Spoiler

I'd love to know how good, or if anyone likes, Tarte's Ba...

I'd love to know how good, or if anyone likes, Tarte's Base Tape. I have the GBP so I hope I can get it as an add-on to try for myself!

This is February’s Beauteque Monthly Beauty Box. 96888142-C4AB-4EE2-B955-51D150AD238E.jpeg

I love that my hair will smell like peach candy and the bunny nose pore strips!  So adorable!  

This looks like so much fun, @heartsmyface !!! ❤️

This looks like a great combo of items! Seems like they w...

This looks like a great combo of items! Seems like they would smell sooo good 😃

@heartsmyface ~ That's funny! I had the same thoughts ini...

@heartsmyface ~ That's funny! I had the same thoughts initially, seeing the word "pear" and the green colour, until I realised "Wait...no. That's a cactus!" LOL. I love a good peach scent. Congrats on the box collection win! By the time I see all the items in a sub like this I want, it's always too late 😂

Re: This looks like a great combo of items! Seems like they w...

@KemoLove  The prickly pear has a light fresh scent.  I don’t know why I was expecting it to smell like pears when it’s a cactus!  Haha!  The hair mist smells like fuzzy peaches.  I can’t complain! 

1 Reply
testing