Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Hi All! 

We are long overdue for an updated Subscription Sharing thread!  Whether it's BoxyCharm, Ipsy, or PopSugar we want to hear (and see) all about what you are subscribed to.

giphy

Interested in trading with other users?  Here are some things you need to know from @SydBristow and her trade threads:

Spoiler

IMPORTANT NOTE: To comply with Sephora's terms of use, items cannot be listed "for sale" or even for trade for Sephora or other gift cards. Please do not list "prices" either (which implies selling), but you can list approximate trade value.

Because a number of fake items have been sent in trades, it is strongly advised you provide photos of your higher-end items, including the labeling (you may be asked for it anyway) and list WHERE you purchased the item from. Fakes are readily available from less reputable sellers and can contain toxins! It is important to everyone to know where their cosmetics come from.

Please also be aware that some makeup products cannot be sanitized - please use caution in your trades. When in doubt, ask the community, it's a great resource! Used items you may wish to avoid are mascara, liquid eyeliner, lip glosses, and cream products.

Acquiring Items
Please use discretion with whom you enter into trades with. There is a summarized list of trusted traders here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/List-of-Successful-Traders-January-2015/td-p/1852954 Protect yourself in your trades, ask questions (such as where an item was purchased), ask for additional photos (to show level of usage and/or labeling to prove authenticity).
If you don’t feel 100% comfortable doing a trade because someone is new, you can request they send their items first.

Communication
Please use the private message system on Beauty Talk and/or tag the user you are trying to get in touch with. Communication is key! You can tell a lot about a trade by how the communication goes. If you will be unavailable for any periods of time, please be up front, and if there are any issues with shipping please be up front about that as well.

Delivery
Having tracking and insurance on shipments goes a long way to figuring out where an item might be. The USPS puts anticipated delivery dates and tracking numbers right on the receipt. If there is any issue with an item you have sent out, please follow up with the carrier.

SUCCESSFUL TRADE EXPERIENCES?
Consider providing your feedback on successful trades on this thread here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Successful-Trades-or-TSB-Experiences/td-p/1012387

**the previous thread can be found here: Subscription box photo sharing

yeah we will see won't we @Kim888 it is pretty 😍

yeah we will see won't we @Kim888 it is pretty 😍

Got my FabFitFun box already! Maelove glowmaker, Overtone hair mask, Kate Somerville face wash, and deodorant (freebie) were add-ons. I went pretty beauty heavy with the exception of the robe, and I'm happy with it. I use the Korres overnight mask anyway, so it's like I got a bunch of freebies with my normal purchase.

ooooooo jealous!! I can't wait to get mine @Malicequinn

ooooooo jealous!! I can't wait to get mine @Malicequinn

Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

@Malicequinn awesome! I got the Maelove as an add on as well - I got my box last week and I've been really happy with the serum so far - I hate sticky serums and this is super smooth

Allure and SephoraPlay arrived over the weekend. Most excited about Allure and the Gorjana giftcard.

@IndyQT317 I love gorjana. They’re fun to layer and good quality. I hope you like it!

Thanks@natalie12! I wondered about the quality, but was s...

Thanks@natalie12! I wondered about the quality, but was still ordering pieces. Your testimonial sold me more on the brand 🙂.

RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Ooo I had no idea about the Gorjana gift card, that’s so exciting! My box has delivered but I haven’t been home yet to open it. Will definitely put that to good use!

@IndyQT317 I received the same box as well, and really love the Mamonde Petal Spa Oil to Foam Cleanser. It has a lovely rose smell and it doesn't leave my skin dry. Also, really excited to try the new Wander Beauty Mile High Mascara. I have their Unlashed Volume and Curl Mascara and it's one of my holy grail mascaras, so I know I'm going to love this new one. <333

That was a great review @PenelopeBT on the oil to foam pr...

That was a great review @PenelopeBT on the oil to foam product. I too love the mascara. Such cute packaging.

The rest of February Subs arrived!!!

1. Scentbird:

022519scentbird.jpg

Spoiler
1. Amouage Blossom Love was my daughter's fragrance choice this month and she really likes it!

Scentbird describes it as an “elixir of sweet, bright citrus” “drizzled over amaretto-infused cherry blossoms with soft suede, vanilla, amber and tonka.”

I am not super fond of this scent, but I’m coming to realize that perhaps my child has more sophisticated taste in fragrance than me - I’m over here like where’s the Britney Spears Fantasy!😂😂😂.

2. Ipsy Glambag Plus:

022519Ipsyglambagplus.jpg

Spoiler
1. Tarte Double Duty Dream Big Eyeshadow Palette: One of the shades was broken, but it is really soft so I was able to press it back in because I didn't want to deal with trying to get a replacement.

2. Son and Park Beauty Filter Cream Glow: This stuff is amazing!

3. It Cosmetics Your Je Ne Sais Quoi face palette: I like the setting powder and bronzer, but the blush and highlighter just aren’t pigmented enough for me. The addition of a setting powder in a face palette is really cool - I haven’t seen that before.💕.

4. Wander Beauty Unlashed Volume & Curl Mascara: Love it!.

5. Finding Ferdinand Lipstick in Au Naturel: Beautiful color and super creamy formula💕💕.

I also added on 3 full sized products:

1. F.A.R.A.H. Brush

2. Tony Moly Petite Bunny Gloss Bar: So cute! And it reminds me of the Kaja Heart Melters!

3. Marc Anthony Haircare Grow Long AntiBreakage Mask: I used it last night and it left my hair super soft and sleek!

I am really happy overall this month!

3. Regular Ipsy:

022519ipsybags.jpg

Spoiler
I think I’ve mentioned how sad I am that Ipsy Glambag Plus is no longer sending makeup bags.😭😭😭.

I decided to subscribe to the regular Ipsy Glambag to make sure I can get a cute bag each month ... and I may have been a little overzealous because I actually ordered 2 subs. I have since cancelled one of the subs because my daughter didn’t want to continue the second sub, but this month my daughter and I each got a cute bag!💋💋💋.

Here’s what we got:
1. Kensie Life Beat Eau de Parfum: Love it!!! Super sweet, citrusy and floral!
2. Luxie Precision Blending Eye Brush: I love getting these in my Ipsy bags!
3. 2 x Eyeko Lash Alert Mascara: Meh - It goes on a little clumpy.
4. Ciate Glow To Highlighter in Moondust: Beautiful!
5. The Balm Alternative Rock Vol.1 Eyeshadow in Take it for Granite: Gorgeous color and adorable packaging!
6. Sand & Sky Australian Pink Clay Flash Perfection Exfoliating Treatment: Love it!
7. Aisling Organics Eco- Luxe Eyeshadow Brush.
8. MAC Strobe Cream.
9. Belle En Argent Lip Luxe Lip Gloss in I Love That Car: Wow! The pigmentation and wear of this gloss is insane!

Overall, I am happy with both bags and it has been fun trying all these product

4. Birchbox:

022519birchbox.jpg

Spoiler
1. Sunday Riley Auto Correct Brightening and Depuffing Eye Contour Cream: This is really nice!

2. Nexxus Therappe Ultimate Moisture Shampoo: Smells soooo good!

3. Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisture Conditioner: This makes my hair sooooo soft!!!!

4. Model Co. More Brows: Not great for microbladed brows, but I am impressed they got the color right!

5. Proenza Schuler Arizona Eau de Parfum: This is really light and floral.

Overall, I am really happy with this box!

5. Emma et Chloe:

022519emmaetchloe.jpg

Spoiler
1. Pola Necklace by L’Atelier Emma & Chloe from my February Emma & Chloe subscription box?

The brand describes The Pola medal as “composed of a solid part and a hollow part, like an eclipse” and “inspired by the complementarity between the moon and the sun” or the yin and yang.
Spoiler
As always, DM me if you'd like a subscription link to any of the above! ❤️

yay! you got some addon does it work differently with the...

yay! you got some addon does it work differently with the ipsy plus? or did you get these with the regular bags? @Tamara76

Re: yay! you got some addon does it work differently with the...

I got both regular and glam bag plus last month @sonnydee and it let me add on products for both bags so I got 6 extra items total on the same email account. I've since canceled my regular Ipsy bag (nothing wrong with it I just wanted the Plus one instead) and to keep my place in line for the glam bag plus I had to receive the regular bag which was fine as I had canceled my Sephora Play! as it hasn't been good in a long time.

Spoiler
BTW I'm not stalking you around I swear!

Yeah I ended up canceling my sephora play due to all the repeats @niki172  I love my ipsy (currently have 3 regular bags-i got 2 daughters) but I cant bring myself to get the ipsy plus due to no room for full size products. I love the addon system that ipsy introduced though!

Btw, you can usually find me nightly on the 2019 mask challenge thread. Stalk away lol🤣🤣🤣🤣

LOL @sonnydee 😘

I added one of the regular bags on to the same account as my Glambag Plus and that was the account where I got the add-on email.  I didn't see older add-on emails in my inbox for previous months, so I'm not sure if it was available on the Glambag Plus or not. @sonnydee 

I am in love with the eyeko mascara! @Tamara76 😍

I am in love with the eyeko mascara! @Tamara76 😍

Re: I am in love with the eyeko mascara! @Tamara76 😍

@lmaster Unfortunately it didn't really work for me - it made my lashes clumpy.  I don't think my daughter has tried hers yet.  But I am glad it worked for you! ❤️  @lmaster 

Re: I am in love with the eyeko mascara! @Tamara76 😍

That's a bummer @Tamara76  it definitely did not do that to mine 🤔

I received my February Ipsy bag recently! Super happy with this month’s picks, especially the Huda Beauty lip contour and Hanalei lip treatment. I usually look forward to lip items the most when rummaging through these subs and luckily, I do not have the Huda in that colour yet 😋 I also like that Ipsy included the Pixi Glow Tonic too. I’ve only ever tried their priming/setting mist (which was alright; wouldn’t repurchase), but I’m glad I can easily pick the toner up at Shoppers if I end up liking it!Other items included: Kokie concealer, Luxie brush 243Other items included: Kokie concealer, Luxie brush 243

March BoxyLuxe Spoilers, courtesy of MSA

March 2019 BoxyLuxe, 1March 2019 BoxyLuxe, 1March 2019 BoxyLuxe, 2March 2019 BoxyLuxe, 2

2 Replies
testing