Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Hi All! 

We are long overdue for an updated Subscription Sharing thread!  Whether it's BoxyCharm, Ipsy, or PopSugar we want to hear (and see) all about what you are subscribed to.

giphy

Interested in trading with other users?  Here are some things you need to know from @SydBristow and her trade threads:

Spoiler

IMPORTANT NOTE: To comply with Sephora's terms of use, items cannot be listed "for sale" or even for trade for Sephora or other gift cards. Please do not list "prices" either (which implies selling), but you can list approximate trade value.

Because a number of fake items have been sent in trades, it is strongly advised you provide photos of your higher-end items, including the labeling (you may be asked for it anyway) and list WHERE you purchased the item from. Fakes are readily available from less reputable sellers and can contain toxins! It is important to everyone to know where their cosmetics come from.

Please also be aware that some makeup products cannot be sanitized - please use caution in your trades. When in doubt, ask the community, it's a great resource! Used items you may wish to avoid are mascara, liquid eyeliner, lip glosses, and cream products.

Acquiring Items
Please use discretion with whom you enter into trades with. There is a summarized list of trusted traders here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/List-of-Successful-Traders-January-2015/td-p/1852954 Protect yourself in your trades, ask questions (such as where an item was purchased), ask for additional photos (to show level of usage and/or labeling to prove authenticity).
If you don’t feel 100% comfortable doing a trade because someone is new, you can request they send their items first.

Communication
Please use the private message system on Beauty Talk and/or tag the user you are trying to get in touch with. Communication is key! You can tell a lot about a trade by how the communication goes. If you will be unavailable for any periods of time, please be up front, and if there are any issues with shipping please be up front about that as well.

Delivery
Having tracking and insurance on shipments goes a long way to figuring out where an item might be. The USPS puts anticipated delivery dates and tracking numbers right on the receipt. If there is any issue with an item you have sent out, please follow up with the carrier.

SUCCESSFUL TRADE EXPERIENCES?
Consider providing your feedback on successful trades on this thread here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Successful-Trades-or-TSB-Experiences/td-p/1012387

**the previous thread can be found here: Subscription box photo sharing

Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

@Samtian Yay you got a Loot Crate box!!!!  I have been subscribed with Lootcrate since December 2016 for the Sanrio one and I love the selection of the boxes I get every quarter.  Enjoy your goodies and remember to update your profile because they send shirts and sandals and other things in the boxes. 

@SportyGirly125  Thanks! I was subscribed to the regular ones, but I didn't like most of the franchises, so I'm happy they have one just for W.W. The sanrio one looks so cute!

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

PSA Ipsy add ons are up

I got my Sephora Play a few days ago:

013019jansephplay.jpg

Spoiler
1. Bite Beauty Matte Crème Lip Crayon in Glacé: Pretty but I already have it.

2. Laneige Water Sleeping Mask: Love it, but have the full sized.

3.Sunday Riley C.E.O. Rapid Flash: I have like 5 deluxe samples of this already - It is nice, though.

4. Beautyblender  Blendercleanser solid pro: Love it, but I already use the full size daily.

5. Four Sigmatic Golden Latte Mushroom Mix: I tried this at Sephoria and sadly, it tasted like dirt to me - I'm sure it has awesome benefits, but it's just not for me.

6. Bite Beauty Agave Sugar Lip Balm and Scrub: Love them, but have full sized versions.

This will sadly be my last Sephora Play Box.

I just haven’t felt inspired by this subscription in a long time and I have been with them since the very first box. Absolutely nothing in this month’s box was new to me. I really wish they would offer a separate luxe sub or sub with new releases each month - I shop at Sephora so much that every month the products feel like a bunch of recycled promos and point perks.  An Instagram friend also suggested it would be awesome to get 1 or 2 full sized items each month, too!

The decision to cancel was very difficult - I remember asking for a Sephora sub for like 2 years before they launched, and I remember how exciting it was to be in the pilot group for that very first box in September 2015.😭😭😭 I am a Sephora Super Fan and I would consider returning if there were a chance to try more new releases in the box.

@Tamara76 My decision to cancel the play box wasn’t difficult at all. They keep sending the same items. There is no excitement anymore. It’s nothing but leftover promos, as you can see the bite glacé mini is now a promo with a $35 buy in and a bunch of perfume vials. 

Thank you, @trishavt !  This helps me feel better about my decision as I agree with everything you said! ❤️

I bet that's bittersweet @Tamara76 just wish they would s...

I bet that's bittersweet @Tamara76 just wish they would stop putting so many repeats out there 🤨

Re: I bet that's bittersweet @Tamara76 just wish they would s...

Thanks, @lmaster !  I agree!

My Sephora Play! box FINALLY showed up and I actually already know that I like the majority of the products but I finally decided to cancel.  I keep getting too many repeat items, unfortunately :(.  Who knows--maybe I'll resubscribe again in the future but for now I'm taking a break.

20190129_233839.jpg

@CookieGirl1 same it's sad, but if I can't try new produc...

@CookieGirl1 same it's sad, but if I can't try new products, there's just no point

Re: @CookieGirl1 same it's sad, but if I can't try new produc...

@lmaster Yeah, at this point I feel like I would rather put that $10 toward a full-size product instead of a few repeat samples.  However, I would possibly re-subscribe in the future if it looks like the selection is getting better. 

Re: @CookieGirl1 same it's sad, but if I can't try new produc...

I'm right there with ya @CookieGirl1  I'd love it if they could use different up and coming products every month

You did get a great box, girl!  I just cancelled, too.  It was a really tough decision, but I want to try more new products. 😞

Got my Allure Box today! Woohoo 

E849DBDC-C22B-4B06-BB15-315F078694B3.jpeg

288B9188-74ED-44C1-A0E7-D8472BBE8DD4.jpeg

allure has had some awesome boxes lately @ArmyChick84

allure has had some awesome boxes lately @ArmyChick84

@ArmyChick84 Yay! And the BB set, how exiting!

Ooh, @ArmyChick84 , you even got the elusive BeautyBlender set!

Nice! Hoping mine arrives in the next few days. Mail is s...

Nice! Hoping mine arrives in the next few days. Mail is suspended due to the bitter cold temp in my area.

Re: Nice! Hoping mine arrives in the next few days. Mail is s...

@IndyQT317  Same! I'm glad our service is suspended though because our carrier delivers on foot. Luckily nothing was coming that we needed and amazon deliveries weren't suspended (ours came via fedex today). We get the frostbite patients where I work and I imagine when I go back this weekend we're going to be full after 3 days of negatives! 

Re: Nice! Hoping mine arrives in the next few days. Mail is s...

@IndyQT317  Oh, that stinks that you're one of the ones who's had a delay due to weather.  I've heard a lot of people complaining about that :(.

RE: Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

So nice!
testing