Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Hi All! 

We are long overdue for an updated Subscription Sharing thread!  Whether it's BoxyCharm, Ipsy, or PopSugar we want to hear (and see) all about what you are subscribed to.

giphy

Interested in trading with other users?  Here are some things you need to know from @SydBristow and her trade threads:

Spoiler

IMPORTANT NOTE: To comply with Sephora's terms of use, items cannot be listed "for sale" or even for trade for Sephora or other gift cards. Please do not list "prices" either (which implies selling), but you can list approximate trade value.

Because a number of fake items have been sent in trades, it is strongly advised you provide photos of your higher-end items, including the labeling (you may be asked for it anyway) and list WHERE you purchased the item from. Fakes are readily available from less reputable sellers and can contain toxins! It is important to everyone to know where their cosmetics come from.

Please also be aware that some makeup products cannot be sanitized - please use caution in your trades. When in doubt, ask the community, it's a great resource! Used items you may wish to avoid are mascara, liquid eyeliner, lip glosses, and cream products.

Acquiring Items
Please use discretion with whom you enter into trades with. There is a summarized list of trusted traders here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/List-of-Successful-Traders-January-2015/td-p/1852954 Protect yourself in your trades, ask questions (such as where an item was purchased), ask for additional photos (to show level of usage and/or labeling to prove authenticity).
If you don’t feel 100% comfortable doing a trade because someone is new, you can request they send their items first.

Communication
Please use the private message system on Beauty Talk and/or tag the user you are trying to get in touch with. Communication is key! You can tell a lot about a trade by how the communication goes. If you will be unavailable for any periods of time, please be up front, and if there are any issues with shipping please be up front about that as well.

Delivery
Having tracking and insurance on shipments goes a long way to figuring out where an item might be. The USPS puts anticipated delivery dates and tracking numbers right on the receipt. If there is any issue with an item you have sent out, please follow up with the carrier.

SUCCESSFUL TRADE EXPERIENCES?
Consider providing your feedback on successful trades on this thread here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Successful-Trades-or-TSB-Experiences/td-p/1012387

**the previous thread can be found here: Subscription box photo sharing

Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

So cute @Tamara76 💗

Thanks, @Mcakes!  For some reason, though, I cannot get either dog to keep Max's antler on long enough to take a pic... 😉

And here are my other December subs, minus Scentbird (still waiting on that one)!

1. Emma and Chloe:

122318emmaandchloe.png

Spoiler
This subscription is new to me, but it's been around for a couple of years.  You basically get a piece of French designer jewelry each month for $24 to $35 based on your preferences.  This month, we actually got 2 pieces and I am super excited about them!

1. L'Atelier Emma & Chloe x Pauline Clea Rhea Bangle
2. L'Atelier Emma & Chloe x Pauline Clea Athena Ring

***DM me if you want to get your first box for free!  (You will pay $10 for shipping)

2. Birchbox:

122318birchbox.jpg

Spoiler

1. R + Co. High Dive Moisture and Shine Creme: I’ve used this for a few days and it does a great job of smoothing my hair and has made it look shinier!

2. Whish Beauty Vanilla Lip Scrub: This was my choice for this month and it does not disappoint! This is an awesome scrub and it smells sooo good!  It is a creamier scrub, though, so it won't do heavy duty exfoliating

3. Blink Brow Bar Brow Definer in Chai

4. Lavanila Labs The Healthy Fragrance Vanilla Grapefruit Eau de Parfum: It smells lovely!

5. My Project Beauty Hairgurt Smoothing Yogurt Banana Hair Masque: I love banana scented products! This smells sooooo good and left my hair feeling healthier and moisturized.

Overall, I'm really happy with this box!

***DM me for a link and code to receive a free MAC Lipstick with your new subscription!

3.  Sephora Play:

121718sephplay.png

Spoiler

1. Too Faced Primed & Peachy Cooling Matte Perfecting Primer: Not really a fan - It made my makeup slip😢.

2. Wander Beauty Glowtion in Celestial: I’ve been mixing this with my foundation and I really like it!💗.

3. Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair Mask: Love this stuff!

4. Sephora Collection Rouge Gel Lip Liner in Nothin’ but Nude: This is really tiny, but very nice!💗.

5. Fresh Beauty Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment in Dream: I’m not a huge fan, but my daughter loves this stuff so this went to her.
6.  Bonus Sephora Collection Mini Lippie - I've already got like 12 of these, so this is going to a friend...
Overall, it’s a great box, but the only thing new to me is the Wander product.I wish they'd start including newer products.

Here is my December Ipsy Glambag Plus - I am super happy with this one, except for the Klorane - I just wish they weren't doing away with the bags in Glambag Plus!:

121718ipsy.png

Spoiler
The value of this bag is insane for only $25!!!!

1. 111Skin vitamin C Brightening Booster ($180!!!!😱): Omg this is amazing serum, but I didn’t want to love it because $$$!

2. Smith & Cult Book of Eyes Palette in Interlewd ($44): Sooo pretty!  I'm really glad I got this color combo!

3. Estee Lauder Pure Color Love Lipstick in Strapless ($22.50): I love this color and formula so much!

4. Farah Brushes Gold Face Brush Trio ($40): These brushes are gorgeous and I needed more face brushes - Perfect timing!

5. Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk ($20): O.K. I am not a fan of this dry shampoo, but my daughter is, so this went straight to her!

6. Bag: OMG! Too cute! I am way too excited about this!  And sad about them discontinuing bags for Glambag Plus

***DM me for a subscription link if you're interested! I think you have to sub to regular Ipsy before upgrading to Glambag Plus, but it's worth it! 💙.

I am totally obsessed with my Winter Box of Style!

121718boxofstyle.jpg

Spoiler
1. Eddie Borgo Soho Watch ($118): This watch is absolutely gorgeous.

2. Amika Velveteen Dream Smoothing Balm ($25): Not a fan, but my daughter loves it!

3. Sunday Riley Luna Oil ($105): This more than made up the value of the box! It is one of my daily holy grails!
4. Luv AJ Marquise Diamond Disc Statement Ring ($85): I chose the rose gold version and it is soooooo pretty!

5. Jules Kae Vegan Leather Tote ($150): Sooooo classy - I have been using this for a work tote - perfect for my laptop!

Overall, the value in this box is amazing and it is oh so luxe!

DM me for a link to save $25 on your first box!

And here are my add-ons:

121718boxofstyleaddone.jpg

Spoiler

1. DL Candles Marble Candle Set

2. Inslee 2019 Classic Calendar

3. Rachel Zoe Gracie Tassel Necklace

4. Rifle Paper Co.  Lively Floral Coaster Set

5. Draper James  Champagne Glasses - This is Reese Witherspoon's brand!

6. La Soula Yellow Gold Rings - they have tiny little diamonds in them - so cute!

I love every single thing I added on to my box!💙💙💙.

***DM me for a link to save $25 

Wow @Tamara76! You got amazing stuff!

Thank you, @faeriegirl!  This is such a luxe sub!  I love it! 

I am totally in love with my Winter Fab Fit Fun box!!!!

121718fabfitfun.jpg

Spoiler
I am super excited about this one:
1. Mark & Graham Colorblock Throw:  Soooooo soft!
2. Anthropologie x Mer Sea Co. Sea WhipBody Cream in Coconut Sugar:  Smells delish!
3. Halston Jewelry Portfolio
4. Bear Paw Headband and Pop Top Glove Duo
5. Blaq Hydrogel Eye Masks
6. Chic and Tonic I’ll Coast to That Coaster Set
7. Pur Cosmetics Be Your Selfie Palette
****The Fab Fit Fun Winter Box is still available - DM me for a link and code to save $10!!! 💗💗💗.

And here are my add-ons....:

121718fff addons.jpg

Spoiler

1. Karuna mask trio
2. Sherrie Matthews Acupuncture Jade Stone Roller
3. Tarte Tarteist Pro Lashes
4. Living Royal Christmas Llama Socks
5. Thrive Causemetics Brilliant Eye Brightener in Stella
6. Richer Poorer Reina Over the Knee Textured Socks.
7.My Moroccan Gold Treatment Mask
8. Ahava Hydration Cream Mask
9. V8 Hydrate in Strawberry Cucumber - free add-on!

️DM me for a link and code to save $10 on your first box! 

Love those wood coasters, @Tamara76!

Thanks, @eshoe!  So do I! ❤️ 

I am absolutely in love with my December Boxy Luxe!!!!!  This is my first ever Boxy Luxe and it did not disappoint!:

121218boxyluxe.jpg

Spoiler
I cannot believe how much awesomeness they packed into this box!!!

1. Violet Voss Pro Holy Grail Palette: This palette is so awesome that I already bought it, but that is great news for my daughter who is getting this one as an early Christmas gift!!!

2. Crimes of Beauty GLAM AF wristlet: Love it!!!!!!❤️❤️❤️

3. Luxie Beauty Rose Gold Complete Face Brush Set: Yasss! I love Luxie brushes and this set has everything!!!!

4.Wander Beauty Dusk to Dawn Blush & Highlight Palette: The colors look really pretty!

5. Crimes of Beauty Portable Charger: I use these things a lot so I am thrilled to get another one!

6. Elemis Pro Collagen Marine Cream: I think I’ve tried a sample of this, but cannot wait to dig into this jar!

7. Tarte Glitter Lip Paint in Strike Gold: This is gorgeous and very comfortable to wear.

8. PYT Hair Mini Hair Straightener: This was my selected product in this box and it will be so handy to keep in my desk at work - Not to mention it is the cutest thing ever!!!!!

9. LORAC Pro Pomade Mascara: Did nothing for my lashes.  Like nothing at all.  But it was the only dud in the box...

10. Spongelle Body Wash Infused Buffer: It smells amazing!!!!

Overall, I cannot believe the value in this box !!!! For $49.99, I got almost $400 worth of excellent products!!!

I’m not sure if spots are open yet for the next Boxy Luxe quarterly box, but if you’re interested in subscribing to Boxycharm to get a free Dr. Brandt Luminizing Primer with your subscription, send me a DM! 🙂

Literal Boxy twins down to the PYT color 👯 

Yaaassss, girl!  I love this box sooooo much! ❤️   @Mcakes

That wristlet is fabulous @Tamara76!

I totally agree, @faeriegirl!!! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

I am soooo behind in posting.  It's been a crazy couple of weeks (sick kid, work stress, family health stuff, Christmas prep...), but I'm back! ❤️

My November Ipsy Glam Bag Plus arrived super duper late (like Mid-December late....), supposedly because of my Lottie Blush Add-on....:

121218novipsy.jpg

Spoiler
1. It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Vol 1 Eyeshadow Palette: I gave this to my daughter because I already had this palette and tbh, it just doesn’t work for me. The shadows simply aren’t pigmented enough for me- This would be pretty for a bridal look or a natural no makeup look, but I prefer more intense colors that I don’t have to layer.

2. Lottie London Blush Crush in Drake: This was a point redemption add-on and supposedly the reason my box was so late 😒 The color is beautiful, though!

3. Makeup Geek Foiled Lip Gloss in Drumroll: This is my first ever Makeup Geek product!!! I really love the color and the formula!!!💗💗💗.

4. Dr. Brandt No More Baggage Eyes De-Puffing Gel: I recently received this in Boxycharm but, sadly, this is the one Dr. Brandt product that just didn’t do it for me - passing this along to a friend.

5. SL Miss Glam : Yaasss! I love getting their brushes in Ipsy! Sooo pretty and they work well, too!💗.

6. Sol de Janiero:  Brazilian Bum Bum Cream: Best. Body. Cream. Ever.

***Send me a DM if you want a referral link - You need to sub to regular Ipsy to be eligible for Ipsy Glambag Plus, but I can send you a link! ❤️

Overall, this box was a miss for me... especially since it arrived so late.  I am also super bummed that they aren't going to send bags anymore. 

A little late getting around to posting this, but this is my Ipsy Glam Bag Plus! I really love everything here, even though my OCD can't quite handle the eyeshadow! Haha!

Love the flip bag it came with too!69600471-FA58-4202-8924-DAF94E38DB2A.jpeg

CB1E6E82-ABF8-4922-B8A3-56602F89EA5B.jpeg

You got a pretty color variation @Shosh8 !! Enjoy! 

@Mcakes Thank you! I was pretty happy with the colors! The blush is a tad bold for me, but if I'm careful to use a tiny bit, it works😉 – Plus it's just so pretty😍

What a great box of goodies @Shosh85! I’m with you the eyeshadow would drive me crazy lol

@faeriegirl Yeah, it's messing with me! Haha! 😂

testing