Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Hi All! 

We are long overdue for an updated Subscription Sharing thread!  Whether it's BoxyCharm, Ipsy, or PopSugar we want to hear (and see) all about what you are subscribed to.

giphy

Interested in trading with other users?  Here are some things you need to know from @SydBristow and her trade threads:

Spoiler

IMPORTANT NOTE: To comply with Sephora's terms of use, items cannot be listed "for sale" or even for trade for Sephora or other gift cards. Please do not list "prices" either (which implies selling), but you can list approximate trade value.

Because a number of fake items have been sent in trades, it is strongly advised you provide photos of your higher-end items, including the labeling (you may be asked for it anyway) and list WHERE you purchased the item from. Fakes are readily available from less reputable sellers and can contain toxins! It is important to everyone to know where their cosmetics come from.

Please also be aware that some makeup products cannot be sanitized - please use caution in your trades. When in doubt, ask the community, it's a great resource! Used items you may wish to avoid are mascara, liquid eyeliner, lip glosses, and cream products.

Acquiring Items
Please use discretion with whom you enter into trades with. There is a summarized list of trusted traders here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/List-of-Successful-Traders-January-2015/td-p/1852954 Protect yourself in your trades, ask questions (such as where an item was purchased), ask for additional photos (to show level of usage and/or labeling to prove authenticity).
If you don’t feel 100% comfortable doing a trade because someone is new, you can request they send their items first.

Communication
Please use the private message system on Beauty Talk and/or tag the user you are trying to get in touch with. Communication is key! You can tell a lot about a trade by how the communication goes. If you will be unavailable for any periods of time, please be up front, and if there are any issues with shipping please be up front about that as well.

Delivery
Having tracking and insurance on shipments goes a long way to figuring out where an item might be. The USPS puts anticipated delivery dates and tracking numbers right on the receipt. If there is any issue with an item you have sent out, please follow up with the carrier.

SUCCESSFUL TRADE EXPERIENCES?
Consider providing your feedback on successful trades on this thread here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Successful-Trades-or-TSB-Experiences/td-p/1012387

**the previous thread can be found here: Subscription box photo sharing

Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Awesome selection, @eshoe! ❤️

Thanks @Tamara76, I usually find 2-3 likes/loves a month from this sub. At a minimum I find a new brand to scope out!

those look great! @eshoe can't wait to hear about them 😉

those look great! @eshoe can't wait to hear about them 😉

Re: those look great! @eshoe can't wait to hear about them 😉

@lmaster do you do a sheet mask sub? I’ve heard of Beautique’s, I think it’s called Masking Maven. I might try it next year 🤷🏻‍♀️

Re: those look great! @eshoe can't wait to hear about them 😉

@eshoe I actually started mask Maven two months ago, I do love it so far, but that mask sub you are showing looks great!! 

I keep debating getting this once I cancel Ipsy this month.  How much is the subscription for this and do you find it worth it?

I’ve never tried ipsy so I can’t really compare @rockstargina. I really, really love masking so it’s a perfect match for me. In general I love/really like 2-3 masks out of 7, which I think is a pretty fair ratio. I discover some new brands which help lead me down a path of discovering more loves and/or determining what I don’t like in a sheet mask.

I only have one other sub and it’s mostly skincare as well, they are my two ‘keeps’ during my planned low buy starting in a few weeks. I don’t count them because they are going to provide my fun beauty splurges; anything else I purchase I plan to be HG replacement-only. I have been on the search for awhile now for a gel liner and medium-full coverage foundation, which I am factoring into the equation. I used my $25 off 75 to replace HG skin & haircare so I would have a bit of leeway in the New Year as well;)

Got my December Boxy (non-luxe), and I am thrilled! I likely won't use the straightener, but I'd rather have that than the palette that was a possibility...this'll go with my used-once blow-dryer in case I ever decide I need fancy hair. 😋 I'm on the lookout for a new setting powder, so this came at a great time. I am always down with another clay mask, and I always say "yes please!" to a bright fuchsia lip gloss 😊 Don't care about the lip liner at all, but I'm pretty sure 4 out of 5 hits is the best I've ever done 😂IMG_20181211_121508046_HDR.jpg

@RGbrown, Those are very nice items. What color is the Ta...

@RGbrown, Those are very nice items. What color is the Tarte lip because it looks gorgeous? Also can I request next time you do a pic "What are you wearing today" PLEASE use the new Tarte lip color !

@RGbrown, thanks for the swatches. I'm let down too! In t...

@RGbrown, thanks for the swatches. I'm let down too! In the tube it looks hot pink/fuchsia color. 🙁

Re: @RGbrown, Those are very nice items. What color is the Ta...

@LuvstravelUnidentified

The gloss is called Flaming Hot...appropriate for how it looks in the tube, but nowhere near accurate to how it looks once applied. It's a bit of a let down...the pigment matches my lips (so you can't tell I'm wearing anything) and there's just a bit of glitter. I had a feeling this was similar to Butter Glazen Lip in Pixie Dust, so I compared the two, and yup, they're pretty much ringers. The based are a little different, but the main difference is the Butter has more glitter, meaning it shows up/reflects better

Tarte top, Butter bottom. The purple lean to the Butter is a higher concentration of glitter...the colors of glitter seem to be the same between the two IRL, Butter just has more of it.Tarte top, Butter bottom. The purple lean to the Butter is a higher concentration of glitter...the colors of glitter seem to be the same between the two IRL, Butter just has more of it.

I can't wait to see what color flat iron I get! @RGbrown...

I can't wait to see what color flat iron I get! @RGbrown such a great box!!

Re: I can't wait to see what color flat iron I get! @RGbrown...

@lmasterUnidentified

I didn't realize there were different colors until LBB posted hers...now I'm extra super happy I got purple (my favorite color lol) 😋

Re: I can't wait to see what color flat iron I get! @RGbrown...

@RGbrown I got the light blue one, which is great bc I gifted it to my daughter and she actually wanted to blue one 😊

wow this is deff a great box !

RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

My December Boxyluxe is here! Seriously, I am sooo happy! I needed none of this stuff. I was a little angry at myself for buying into it, but now that it’s here....wow!! Love everything! Wrapping it all back up and keeping it under my tree, cause it’s from 🎅!!! 😉

Re: RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

I am soooo excited about Boxy Luxe, @KrishAtl! ❤️

great box! @KrishAtl

great box! @KrishAtl

Barneys Beauty Boxes are now available! Via my subscription addiction  

The Box: 

Barneys Beauty Box -Pretty Penny

Spoiler

The Cost: $175
The Products:

• Yves Saint Laurent Beauty Tatouage Couture Metallics
  • Surratt Prismatique Lips
  • JINsoon Nail Polish
  • NARS Precious Metals Single Eyeshadow
  • Givenchy Teint Couture Shimmer Powder
  • Mimi Luzon 24K Pure Gold Dust
  • Apothia Bronzed Eau De Parfum

Barneys Beauty Box -So Fresh, So Clean

Spoiler

The Cost: $100

The Products:

• Molton Brown Orange & Bergamot Body Wash
  • Eve Lom Cleanser
  • Malin+Goetz Gentle Hydrating Shampoo
  • Kai Body Buffer
  • ForeoLuna Play

Barneys Beauty Box -Late Night, Date Night

Spoiler

The Cost: $195

The Products:

• Moon Juice Holy Yoni
  • Slipsilk™ Sleep Mask
  • Lipstick Queen Sinner Opaque Lipstick
  • Harmonist Hypnotizing Fire Candle
  • Maison Margiela Replica Wicked Love Eau De Parfum

Barneys Beauty Box – Lips, Lash, & Go

Spoiler

The Cost: $55

The Products:

• Chantecaille Faux Cils Mascara
  • Clé de Peau Beauté Lipstick Cashmere

Barneys Beauty Box – Wick & Spritz

Spoiler

The Cost: $65

The Products:

• Daphne Odora Daphne Flower Diffuser
  • Lumira Balinese Ylang-Ylang Candle
  • Apothia IF Mist

Barneys Beauty Box – Jet Setter, Go Getter

Spoiler

The Cost: $130

The Products:

• Hourglass Caution Extreme Lash Mascara
  • Kjaer Weis Beautiful Face Oil
  • Aesop Purifying Facial Cream Cleanser
  • Sachajuan Hair Repair
  • Moroccanoil Protect and Prevent Spray
  • Acqua di Parm Arancia Di Capri Hand Cream

Are you getting any of these @Kim888 ? Looks like they chose a nice range of products. 

@Mcakes Probably not  - they are fun to look at haha but I don't think I actually need anything right now. Still contemplating the beautylish lucky bag right now so will probably save for that 

2 Replies
testing