Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Hi All! 

We are long overdue for an updated Subscription Sharing thread!  Whether it's BoxyCharm, Ipsy, or PopSugar we want to hear (and see) all about what you are subscribed to.

giphy

Interested in trading with other users?  Here are some things you need to know from @SydBristow and her trade threads:

Spoiler

IMPORTANT NOTE: To comply with Sephora's terms of use, items cannot be listed "for sale" or even for trade for Sephora or other gift cards. Please do not list "prices" either (which implies selling), but you can list approximate trade value.

Because a number of fake items have been sent in trades, it is strongly advised you provide photos of your higher-end items, including the labeling (you may be asked for it anyway) and list WHERE you purchased the item from. Fakes are readily available from less reputable sellers and can contain toxins! It is important to everyone to know where their cosmetics come from.

Please also be aware that some makeup products cannot be sanitized - please use caution in your trades. When in doubt, ask the community, it's a great resource! Used items you may wish to avoid are mascara, liquid eyeliner, lip glosses, and cream products.

Acquiring Items
Please use discretion with whom you enter into trades with. There is a summarized list of trusted traders here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/List-of-Successful-Traders-January-2015/td-p/1852954 Protect yourself in your trades, ask questions (such as where an item was purchased), ask for additional photos (to show level of usage and/or labeling to prove authenticity).
If you don’t feel 100% comfortable doing a trade because someone is new, you can request they send their items first.

Communication
Please use the private message system on Beauty Talk and/or tag the user you are trying to get in touch with. Communication is key! You can tell a lot about a trade by how the communication goes. If you will be unavailable for any periods of time, please be up front, and if there are any issues with shipping please be up front about that as well.

Delivery
Having tracking and insurance on shipments goes a long way to figuring out where an item might be. The USPS puts anticipated delivery dates and tracking numbers right on the receipt. If there is any issue with an item you have sent out, please follow up with the carrier.

SUCCESSFUL TRADE EXPERIENCES?
Consider providing your feedback on successful trades on this thread here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Successful-Trades-or-TSB-Experiences/td-p/1012387

**the previous thread can be found here: Subscription box photo sharing

Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

@eshoe That chocolate and wine mask look delicious!

<3333

I know, @PenelopeBT-perfect for after the PERRICONE MD - Cocoa Moisture Mask!

@eshoe that's a fun box!! mask heaven

@eshoe that's a fun box!! mask heaven

Re: @eshoe that's a fun box!! mask heaven

If it weren’t for the 23years, @lmaster, I’d say it was perfect;)

So sad I missed out on this box 😞 I cancelled mine since I have a lot of sheet masks I need to get through. Love this box tho 😛

Bummer, @HelenBT. But I totally get mask overload, I just took stock this week 😄 Time to use them up!

Ipsy October bag disaster long story short😉 my ipsy bag was forwarded to a unknown place for no reason, then waiting a week for it to make its way back to me....to find it's the wrong bag (pic #1.) while waiting I was sent another replacement bag, was told I would be given the exact same items. cause I love slmissglam & really wanted the wander mask (pic #2.) the bag I bought from ebay, I had a feeling I was going to be disappointed again. (pic 3). the bag I was supposed to get originally but didn't (pic 4). pic 5 is my minis bag-no issues arrived on time. the stuff I circled in green was the add-ons. they sent me Mac oh-baby instead of love child & ran out so they refunded me that when they shipped out by not-replacement. I also bought the tarte in medium & they sent me light-med. by mistake. the 2 items that are circled in yellow were not even offered in October. I found that insulting that they threw in whatever, if they ran out they could've just told me. & refunded me. I didn't swatch some stuff because I'm giving that away. I wanted the iby midnight sky eyeshadow anyways so I'm glad I went with my gut & went ahead & bought a bag off eBay. I'm showing all this as a cautionary tell: maybe it has something to do with them offering the plus bag because this has never happened before. I'm really gonna watch my bags even more carefully & open them right away. hope this ain't to confusing!

Sorry to hear it took so much trouble to get the correct October Ipsy bag @sonnydee Hopefully they'll fix their processes soon so it doesn't happen again 😕

I hope so too @Guessgal. I subscribed for a 3rd bag for m...

I hope so too @Guessgal. I subscribed for a 3rd bag for my other mini & I'm not supposed to get that bag until Nov. 30. I think if I was a new subscriber & this happened, it would definitely leave a bad taste in my mouth for sure. Not sure what is going on with them. 😒

Wow!  What a nightmare!  Hopefully some of the samples will work out for you, @sonnydee!

I hope so, especially the ones I had to hunt down Mac Lov...

I hope so, especially the ones I had to hunt down Mac Lovechild & the wander beauty mask! @Tamara76

wow that sucks @sonnydee I'll definitely check everything...

wow that sucks @sonnydee I'll definitely check everything this month!

@lmaster it came out of nowhere. Hope this month is ok. I...

@lmaster it came out of nowhere. Hope this month is ok. I now have 3 bags

Crossing posting. I didn't see a Black Friday/ Cyber Monday 2018 deals thread yet.

Boxycharm will have three curated, one time purchase boxes for Black Friday (or Cyber Monday... it didn't really say on the site). If you are a boxycharm subscriber, these ARE repeat products. I think they would make good gifts, or you if haven't subscribed, its a good way to test it, or if you need a back up of your favorites, these are good deals. 

You can sign up on the boxycharm site to be notified when they go live. 

Spoiler
Boxy_BlackFriday.PNG

nice - this would deff be a great gift - I like the transparency of this over last year's holiday mystery box which wasn't amazing 

Agreed @Kim888 !!!  Last year was a hot mess of people fighting to grab one and then many were displeased with the product selection!

so with my disaster of the month of October for ipsy they said I could pick one of my products for December... CATRICE COSMETICS Eye Shadow in Luminous Lilac  -F.A.R.A.H Brush Tapered Blending Brush 35E -LOTTIE LONDON AM to PM Kohl Eyeliner Pencil in Black -THE CRÈME SHOP Holiday Mask Trio y'all already know I went with creme shop🤣 no pics, they were just listed out in my email

you know I woulda choose that too lol @sonnydee 👍

you know I woulda choose that too lol @sonnydee 👍

yep. no brainer 😂🤣@lmaster

yep. no brainer 😂🤣@lmaster

Bummer on a disastrous October ipsy. On the one hand it's...

Bummer on a disastrous October ipsy. On the one hand it's great that let you select one of your items, on the other hand it sounds half-ą$$ed 🤷🏾‍♀️

it was bad enough for me to straight out ask for a refund...

it was bad enough for me to straight out ask for a refund & they came back with letting me choose. No mention of my request for a refund or anything. I just hope it was once in blue moon type situation. I'll post pics probably tomorrow. @ElleElleG.
5 Replies
testing