Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Hi All! 

We are long overdue for an updated Subscription Sharing thread!  Whether it's BoxyCharm, Ipsy, or PopSugar we want to hear (and see) all about what you are subscribed to.

giphy

Interested in trading with other users?  Here are some things you need to know from @SydBristow and her trade threads:

Spoiler

IMPORTANT NOTE: To comply with Sephora's terms of use, items cannot be listed "for sale" or even for trade for Sephora or other gift cards. Please do not list "prices" either (which implies selling), but you can list approximate trade value.

Because a number of fake items have been sent in trades, it is strongly advised you provide photos of your higher-end items, including the labeling (you may be asked for it anyway) and list WHERE you purchased the item from. Fakes are readily available from less reputable sellers and can contain toxins! It is important to everyone to know where their cosmetics come from.

Please also be aware that some makeup products cannot be sanitized - please use caution in your trades. When in doubt, ask the community, it's a great resource! Used items you may wish to avoid are mascara, liquid eyeliner, lip glosses, and cream products.

Acquiring Items
Please use discretion with whom you enter into trades with. There is a summarized list of trusted traders here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/List-of-Successful-Traders-January-2015/td-p/1852954 Protect yourself in your trades, ask questions (such as where an item was purchased), ask for additional photos (to show level of usage and/or labeling to prove authenticity).
If you don’t feel 100% comfortable doing a trade because someone is new, you can request they send their items first.

Communication
Please use the private message system on Beauty Talk and/or tag the user you are trying to get in touch with. Communication is key! You can tell a lot about a trade by how the communication goes. If you will be unavailable for any periods of time, please be up front, and if there are any issues with shipping please be up front about that as well.

Delivery
Having tracking and insurance on shipments goes a long way to figuring out where an item might be. The USPS puts anticipated delivery dates and tracking numbers right on the receipt. If there is any issue with an item you have sent out, please follow up with the carrier.

SUCCESSFUL TRADE EXPERIENCES?
Consider providing your feedback on successful trades on this thread here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Successful-Trades-or-TSB-Experiences/td-p/1012387

**the previous thread can be found here: Subscription box photo sharing

@rrroxanne I really enjoy Boxycharm. I helped me build my...

@rrroxanne I really enjoy Boxycharm. I helped me build my collection. Some month's are misses but overall it has been good. I'm in the US so I'm not sure about the Canadian experience. Currently, there isn't a bonus with a referral code but if you wait a few days we might see one; they have been doing them the beginning of each month. Last month was a full size Dr. BrandtPore microdermabrasion exfoliator. I'm happy to send you a referral code now or later if you want to wait and see if there is a bonus.

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

The Matte version of the complexion play! Smarts box. I love that they included a brush.

I'm so glad you told me about this box on the discount @L...

I'm so glad you told me about this box on the discount @Lazybeautybeast looks like a great one

Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Part 2 of my October Subs:

1.  Birchbox:

102718birchbox.PNG

Spoiler
1.  Amika The Kure Repair Shampoo:  OMG!  Love it! ❤️
2.  Amika The Kure Repair Conditioner:  Love, Love, Love!!!
3.  Sand & Sky Australian Pink Clay Flash Perfection Exfoliating Treatment:  I think was my sample choice and I was sooooo excited to try this! It is an amazing exfoliator - it's a little harsh, but left my skin soooooo super smooth - love it!
4.  Lise Watier Intense Waterproof Eyeliner in Blackest Black:  Lise Watier is another brand I've never tried before.  I was impressed with this eyeliner because it went on super smooth and didn't budge once applied.
5.  Schmidt's Natural Bar Soap in Ylang-Ylang + Calendula:  This bar soap contains turmeric and exfoliating apricot seed.  It smells heavenly, but I gave it to my husband because I don't like using a bar soap with exfoliants - He seems to like it so far.
6.  Derma E Overnight Peel with AHAs:  I'm not really a fan of overnight peels, so I will be passing this on to a friend

***DM me if you'd like to find out about freebies or discounts on your new subscription

2.  Ipsy Glambag Plus:

102718ipsyplus.PNG

Spoiler
OMG!  I was so excited to receive my very first Ipsy Glambag Plus!!!!  I believe this will be available on a quarterly basis and I can't wait to see what comes next!
1.  Ciate London Dewy Spritz Luminous Prime & Set Spray:  
2.  LXMI Pure Nilotica Melt:  This is a super rich balm made with Nilotica Fruit Butter that melts when you rub it into your skin - The texture reminds me of coconut oil or Aquaphor.  It is definitely not something you want to put on your face if you have oily skin or are prone to breakouts.  I aim to use it mainly on my hands and feet instead of cocoa butter at night and it seems super effective so far!
3.  Bag:  The bag is really pretty - I wasn't sure if I liked it at first, but it has grown on me - The colors are perfect for fall and it is super roomy, plus I like the tassel!
4.  Smashbox Cover Shot Eye Palette in Bold Glitter:  I was so excited to receive this full sized palette in my Glam Bag Plus as I recently swatched it in Sephora!  I love glitter, so this is perfect for me!  Plus, I have several Cover Shots Palettes and they are awesome for travel!  Unfortunately, while some of the shadows are super pigmented (I'm looking at you, gold, pink and purple!), others like the blue, green and black are not.  Like not at all.  Overall, this is a fun complementary palette to other matte eyeshadows, but if you are looking for intense glitter pigment, this is not for you.
5.  Tarte Maneater Mascara:  Believe it or not, I have not tried this mascara before!  It is really nice because it is super lengthening and separating.  It doesn't provide a ton of thickness, but it also doesn't flake.  Overall, this is an excellent mascara that I will probably repurchase in the future!
6.  Beauty by Popsugar Be Sweet Tinted Lip Balm in Blush Crush:  This balm went on super smooth and the color was gorgeous.  However, it left a weird, gritty texture on my lips that I did not care for.
7.  Morphe High Impact Highlighter in Extra:  I don't think I've ever tried a Morphe Highlighter single before!  I really like it because it feels super smooth and buttery and applies so nicely.  It is also super easy to blend.  And the glow is real!  This is a lovely highlighter!

wow your birch box looks great this month @Tamara76 - so curious about that mask!

Thanks, @Kim888!   The Sand & Sky "mask" is really more of an exfoliating scrub - I really like it! ❤️

I really enjoyed the glam bag plus @Tamara76

I really enjoyed the glam bag plus @Tamara76

Re: I really enjoyed the glam bag plus @Tamara76

Me, too, @lmaster! ❤️

@Tamara76 I also received my Ipsy Glambag plus and had the same experience with the popsugar balm. It looked gorgeous on the lips, but the texture was so gritty and off-putting ugh! I was pleasantly surprised with the highlighter as well (and like you it was my 1st morphe experience!), it was my favorite item in the box! Overall I was very disappointed and decided to cancel (I got the eyeliner and mask instead of the spritz and balm). I will try to trade or to re-gift the palette, as those glitter and colors don't speak to me at all. Overall, would you say you prefer birchbox over ipsy?

@Cyncynn Sorry to hear you were disappointed in your Glam Blag Plus over all! 😞

Hmmmm.... Tough question!  I used to love Birchbox a lot, but I almost cancelled a few months ago because I felt like I was getting dud boxes, however, I started reviewing products on their site again and my products have gotten more customized to me I think.  

I've always really enjoyed Ipsy because I love the bags and I love the variety of products I get to try - there is always something new!  I will say that I'm not excited about the spoilers for the next Glam Bag Plus - I am not a fan of the It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty palette at all - worst pigmentation ever. 😞   But I'm looking forward to the Ofra Highlighter! ❤️

Here is part 1 of my October Subscription Review:

1.  Boxycharm:

102718boxycharm.PNG

Spoiler
1.  PUR Midnight Masquerade Palette:  The original palette I received contained a broken shadow (the charcoal shade in the bottom right corner), so Boxycharm graciously replaced my palette.  Sadly, I am not super impressed by the pigmentation in this palette, although the colors are lovely.
2.  Dermovia Lace A Peel Black Bamboo Charcoal Peel Off Mask:  
3. Farmacy Beauty Green Clean:  Love it!!!  I've purchased the full size a few times before
4.  Kat Von D ELL in Mother:  Already have and love this one, so I'm keeping this as a backup
5.  IT Cosmetics Superhero Elastic Stretch Volumizing Mascara:  Awesome!  Lengthens and separates without clumps - the only downside is it is not super thickening.

****DM me if you'd like to find out about freebies with your new subscription

2. Sephora Play:

102718sephoraplay.PNG

Spoiler
1.  ABH Stick Foundation in Banana:  I don't usually like cream face products, but this isn't too bad - I need to play with it more to figure out how to better contour with it.
2.  UD All Nighter Setting Spray:  This works in a pinch, but I prefer De-Slick as my skin is oily and I live in a super hot and humid area
3. First Aid Beauty Hello FAB Coconut Water Cream:  Lovely, lightweight moisturizer
4.  Benefit Gimme Brow Volumizing Eyebrow Gel:  This used to be a holy grail for me until I got my brows microbladed, so I don't really need this formula anymore, but still recommend it.
5.  KVD Saint and Sinner Fragrance Sample Vials:  Love Saint (have the full sized bottle), but hate Sinner

3.  Scentbird:

102718scentbird.PNG

Spoiler
1.  Montale Pure Gold:  This is my daughter's sub and she was super interested in this fragrance and actually really likes it.  I am not a fan.  Whatsover.  This smells super baby powdery to me and contains patchouli, neroli, musk and jasmine - which is not a good combo for my olfactory senses.  I was most disappointed that I did not pick up any of the apricot notes that it is supposed to contain.  This will be a hard pass for me.

**DM me if you'd like to find out how to get a free month of Scentbird with your new subscription

I'm all about the Farmacy Green Clean; enjoy the goodies from your subscriptions!

@ElleElleG  Farmacy Green Clean really knocked my socks off!  As soon as i'm done with the Clinique Cleansing Balm i'm switching over to that one. ❤️

Good switch @darkiceis . I like the clinique but it doesn't clean as deeply IMO.

@ElleElleG  The farmacy definitely does clean better and I find my skin a tad less dry.

Thank you, @ElleElleG!  I love Farmacy! 

we received the same play box 😄 I liked boxycharm this m...

we received the same play box 😄 I liked boxycharm this month, but the mask was.. different 😂 @Tamara76

Re: we received the same play box 😄 I liked boxycharm this m...

Woohoo - box twins!   And that lace mask was definitely the most unique mask I've tried, but it really did a great job of tightening my pores and smoothing my skin! ❤️ @lmaster

I'm so confused at why I had so much pain with it @Tamara76 did I leave it on too long, I just don't understand lol

It definitely made my face feel really tight, @lmaster, but I only left it on for 10 minutes and then washed it off - peel off masks kind of gross me out, so I never actually peel them off... 😉 

Ahhhh ok @Tamara76 yeah I peeled it off, well I pulled the lace mask, that pulled the mask, uuughhh the thought of that mask oouchhh 😂😂

2 Replies
testing