Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Hi All! 

We are long overdue for an updated Subscription Sharing thread!  Whether it's BoxyCharm, Ipsy, or PopSugar we want to hear (and see) all about what you are subscribed to.

giphy

Interested in trading with other users?  Here are some things you need to know from @SydBristow and her trade threads:

Spoiler

IMPORTANT NOTE: To comply with Sephora's terms of use, items cannot be listed "for sale" or even for trade for Sephora or other gift cards. Please do not list "prices" either (which implies selling), but you can list approximate trade value.

Because a number of fake items have been sent in trades, it is strongly advised you provide photos of your higher-end items, including the labeling (you may be asked for it anyway) and list WHERE you purchased the item from. Fakes are readily available from less reputable sellers and can contain toxins! It is important to everyone to know where their cosmetics come from.

Please also be aware that some makeup products cannot be sanitized - please use caution in your trades. When in doubt, ask the community, it's a great resource! Used items you may wish to avoid are mascara, liquid eyeliner, lip glosses, and cream products.

Acquiring Items
Please use discretion with whom you enter into trades with. There is a summarized list of trusted traders here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/List-of-Successful-Traders-January-2015/td-p/1852954 Protect yourself in your trades, ask questions (such as where an item was purchased), ask for additional photos (to show level of usage and/or labeling to prove authenticity).
If you don’t feel 100% comfortable doing a trade because someone is new, you can request they send their items first.

Communication
Please use the private message system on Beauty Talk and/or tag the user you are trying to get in touch with. Communication is key! You can tell a lot about a trade by how the communication goes. If you will be unavailable for any periods of time, please be up front, and if there are any issues with shipping please be up front about that as well.

Delivery
Having tracking and insurance on shipments goes a long way to figuring out where an item might be. The USPS puts anticipated delivery dates and tracking numbers right on the receipt. If there is any issue with an item you have sent out, please follow up with the carrier.

SUCCESSFUL TRADE EXPERIENCES?
Consider providing your feedback on successful trades on this thread here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Successful-Trades-or-TSB-Experiences/td-p/1012387

**the previous thread can be found here: Subscription box photo sharing

Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

@cookiegirl the Allure box is so good this month! Which YSL did you get? I received 16😉

RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

I hate my October Play box. Out of everything, only the Soy Face cleaner is something I’ll use. I almost never wear make-up, and I’m super fair skinned, yet I have a box full of make up and dark foundation. I also have men’s cologne, which is lovely, but I’m a single female...I’ve never had a subscription box I disliked more.

Re: RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

Oh man what a bummer @Jaimenk 😞 Do you think switching up your play profile will help get you better boxes in the future? 

@Jaimenk I'm sorry that you didn't like your box; actually, the Soy cleanser is one of the only things that I WON'T use from mine!

I always forget to take a picture. I got my Sephora play box and I really like it. It’s stuff I’m interested in and can’t wait to try! (I swatched it already! ) 😁

11EE3C11-615D-4E1B-A605-07F9589289C9.jpeg

You got some great items in your box, @natalie12! ❤️

@Tamara76 Thank you! I had a lot of fun with them. I’ve had so much trouble signing on since they switch to the current format.  I’m trying to be more involved again. 

I am glad you are back, hun! ❤️  @natalie12

Anonymous Insider

Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

October Box 😞 Very disappointed that I recieved MALE COLONGE! Called Maison Margella. Very classy good brand FOR MEN! My sister recieved the same male colonge in her box. Sephora how did this happen? Please resend me a WOMENS PERFUME... Thank you.

Re: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

I love Maison Margiela fragrance. Keep in mind that even if it's labeled "male", many of those scents are really unisex, like Jazz Club.

Sorry to hear that you're disappointed with the fragrance...

Sorry to hear that you're disappointed with the fragrance you received @Anonymous. The brand, Maison Margella, makes a number of fragrances that are beloved by women and men alike. If you would like to chat with a Sephora employee about the contents of your box I recommend visiting the "Sephora Play" group and/or posting under the Customer Service group where a moderator can assist you.

RE: Subscription Central (Spoilers, Unboxings, and More)

October Kiss Me collection. I traded Pumpkin Spiced Latte shade (Not sure about shades of orange on my skin!) for a color more in my comfort zone (Milan- top color). Always happy with this box, lippie formula and the ability to trade out a shade if it’s not to your liking (rocks!!).

Those lippies are really pretty, @KrishAtl! ❤️

This is adorable @KrishAtl ! You're like our in house MSA and I love it Heart 

Lol @Mcakes!!  I know!  I feel kinda kookie month after month reporting on my boxes, cause it really sheds light on how many I get!!  I am signed up for 9 subs right now!  I just got into makeup in February and was at a loss on how to learn and build my collection.  Prior to my sub boxes, I could fit all the makeup I owned into a toilette articles/makeup bag!!  And I had never ever used a sheet mask in my life!  Makeup and skincare has totally become my new hobby!  I am going to veer away from a couple of the boxes by May.  I wanted to put in a year with a healthy mix to see which I really like the best and which I don’t really see the point of keeping for the long-term.

Aww, well I hope you realize that this is a no judgement zone! We ALL love makeup and are also very nosy 😄 Show us all the hauls all the time Heart I think subs are such an amazing way to try everything and really get to know what you like. You're definitely in the rabbit hole now, make your way down to the tea party...we saved you a seat 😉 

alice in wonderland GIF

P.S. Giving each sub a year is very fair! See, you're a pro at this 😄

I'd like to join, do you have a promo code?

I'd like to join, do you have a promo code? @KrishAtl

Re: I'd like to join, do you have a promo code?

Thank you so much for asking for my code @LisaCraftMom.  I really appreciate that you would use it!  That’s so kind of you.  It’s https://liveglam.com/free-kissme?ref=Krishatl

No problem, @KrishAtl! Glad I could use your code! I love lippies so I thought I'd try it.

Well, I hope you love the KissMe collection as much as I do @LisaCraftMom.  Unfortunately, you are not allowed to trade-out a color that you don't like your first month, so hopefully you are happy with all three November shades, if not, I would advise you to wait and join during a month when you are happy with all three shades.  After the first month, you are allowed to trade either 1 of the shades from the monthly box, or all 3 shades.  Every month since my first, I have traded 1 color out of every box.  Very very happy with my resulting colors and boxes!!  These are always my favorite lippies to go to on a daily basis.  They wear extremely well!  Enjoy!  And the great news is that we should both get an extra "free" lippie for you joining...so hooray!

love the shades @KishAtl

love the shades @KishAtl
1 Reply
testing